Simply Soson Premium Decorative Unscented Pillar Candles, 3 Pack
Last updated date: March 7, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillar Candles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillar Candle you should buy.
Update as March 23, 2023:
Checkout The Best Pillar Candles for a detailed review of all the top pillar candles.
In our analysis, the Simply Soson Simply Soson Premium Decorative Unscented Pillar Candles, 3 Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WHY SOSON CANDLES? For starters, our candles are fully unscented candles, smokeless and dripless – perfect for creating a warm, beautiful and inviting atmosphere. But that’s not all. Our candles are also designed to enhance any occasion or situation, whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, a family gathering or simply to relax SOSON GUARANTEE: We love our candles, and we want you to love them too! If you’re not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly so we can quickly make things right SOSON QUALITY: Our Green pillar candles are individually hand made. All large pillar candles are checked for perfection. Our candles are large long lasting candles & clean burning pillar candles EVERYDAY USE: Our pillar candles bulk are great for: pillar Christmas candles, fireplace candles, candles for lighting, velas decorativas, emergency candles, candles wedding, pillar candles sets, aromatherapy, outdoor patio ambience, restaurant tables, for ritual, fireplace decor, living room decor, kitchen decor, bathroom decor, survival candles, emergency candles and church candles, Halloween decor, white candles pillar, ivory pillar candles, Large Decorative Candles SIZE AND PACKAGING: Tall candles pillar pack of 3 with a size of 2.75 inches wide and 4 inches tall. These long burning candles have improved packaging to prevent damage
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillar Candles
Popular for everything from everyday use at home to use as a wedding decoration, pillar candles stand out for looking elegant and being versatile. Able to stand freely without a container, these candles offer a long burn time due to their thickness and height. Plus, they’re known for not dripping like other types of candles.
Pillar candles come in various sizes to suit your preferences and desired burn time. If you prefer small candles, you might opt for pillars that measure 3 inches tall and 3 inches around and burn for under 45 hours. Something larger measuring 3 inches by 6 inches could give you at least 65 hours of burn time, while larger pillars can burn for over 85 hours. If you’d like a mix of sizes or extra candles for a longer burn time, consider pillar candle sets.
You’ll come across pillar candles made from several types of wax. Paraffin wax is very popular and economical, but it often burns fast and can create issues for those with allergies. Pillar candles made of beeswax tend to cost more and have a longer burn time, while soy candles are a natural option that is known for burning evenly but needing to be stored properly to avoid damage.
Other considerations include the pillar candle’s color, shape and scent. White and ivory pillar candles are very popular, but you can find almost any color or opt for candles with embellishments and special textures. While most pillar candles are round, others are square or triangular or even resemble an animal or object. To avoid issues with sensitivities, unscented pillar candles are ideal, but you can also opt for pleasant scents such as lavender, vanilla, coconut or rose.
Along with regular pillar candles you can burn, you can always consider flameless LED candles as a safe and convenient alternative. These come in more limited options but are suitable for use anywhere since they usually run on batteries. Flameless pillar candles can also have cool features such as a remote control or the ability to change the flame’s color or flickering style.
The Pillar Candle Buying Guide
- While they don’t need a holder, pillar candles can look even nicer if you put them on something to display. You can also create pillar candle arrangements for special occasions, but make sure you keep the candles at a safe distance from each other.
- Your pillar candle may have a plastic wrapping or labels on it. You should remove these before you light it.
- It’s recommended to trim your pillar candle’s wick so that it’s just a quarter inch long. This prevents issues such as a flaring flame.
- When placing your pillar candle, keep it away from anything flammable such as curtains, bedding or paper. You should also have it sitting on a heat-safe surface such as a plate or tray rather than directly on a table.
- To prevent getting burned, consider using a long lighter instead of short matches to light your pillar candle. Keep your hands, clothing and hair away during the process.
- You may have heard a rule of thumb that you should let your candle burn for just two hours and then cool off. However, pillar candles are made differently where they need around three or four hours to build up a sufficient wax pool. At that time, extinguish the candle and be sure to push in its edges. You should then wait until the pillar candle has fully cooled before you begin your next burning session.
- Keep an eye on the candle while it’s in use and keep pets and children away from it. Don’t use it when sleeping either.
- If you notice any problems with the flame moving erratically or becoming too high, extinguish your pillar candle right away.
- Try using a candle snuffer or wick dipper rather than simply blowing out your pillar candle. This will be a safer option and also lead to less mess and smoke.
- Once your pillar candle has burned down to around two inches, this indicates it’s time to get a new one. Lighting a pillar candle that short can create safety issues.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide