Similane Cross Stitch Embroidery Kit For Beginners, 215-Piece
Last updated date: September 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Embroidery Kits For Beginners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Embroidery Kit For Beginners you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Embroidery Kit For Beginners for a detailed review of all the top embroidery kits for beginners.
With this cross-stitch set, the sky's the limit. Your creativity won't be hindered, as the set comes with hoops, colored threads, Aida cloths, sewing pins, embroidery needles, floss bobbins and water-soluble pens. Children can make a series of friendship bracelets, while adults can focus on a few gifts.
In our analysis, the Similane Similane Cross Stitch Embroidery Kit For Beginners, 215-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Package Content:5 x Bamboo embroidery hoops,100 x Color embroidery threads,3 x Aida cloths,40 x Sewing pins,30 x Embroidery needles,20 x Floss bobbins,5 x Water-soluble pens. Practical Tools：4 x Needle-threading tools，1 x Scissor,1 x Thimble,1 x Untwist tool,1 x Measuring tape,1 x Pincushion,1 x Pen holder,1 x Line wax,1 x Instructions,1 x Packing bag. Common Size:3 Pcs 12 by 18-inch Aida,High-quality bamboo of embroidery hoop use dimensions:5.1 inch,7 inch,7.9 inch,9 inch,10.2 inch. Details:The 100 color embroidery threads are perfect for friendship bracelets,childrens crafts,tassels and holiday decorations,etc. Pincushion is convenient to arrange your needles and pins. It's not only enhances children's practical ability,but also stimulates children's imagination of handcrafts.The embroidery kit could be applied for Christmas,Halloween，Thanksgiving and birthday present.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Embroidery Kits For Beginners
Embroidery is the art of using a needle and thread to decorate material, most commonly textile fabric, by hand. While learning how to transform thread into raised ornamental designs using various stitches may seem intimidating, an embroidery kit can help. The packages often include everything you need to complete a project, and some even come with enough materials for multiple masterpieces, giving DIYers the opportunity to try multiple patterns and execute different themed designs.
The basic components of an embroidery kit include a hoop, needles, fabric, assorted thread, a pattern and instructions. The hoop (often made of wood or plastic) sandwiches the fabric between an inner and outer ring, creating a taut surface for you to generate neat stitches. The fabric is typically a tightly woven, even-weave variety made from cotton, linen, rayon and polyester blends, and the cotton thread (aka floss) is thicker and shinier than regular thread and comes in a rainbow of colors.
Is embroidery for you? Getting started in the craft may take some patience, but most patterns — particularly beginner ones — only require the knowledge of a few basic stitches. A beginner kit can help you master the essentials, arming you with the necessary know-how to tackle just about any project. Because embroidery requires gentle, repetitive hand motions, the needlework can also be very meditative and therapeutic.
The Embroidery Kit For Beginners Buying Guide
- Many embroidery kits have the pattern stamped or printed on the fabric, making it easier to follow. Once you’re done with the project, the ink is easily washed off with water.
- Is cross-stitch the same thing as embroidery? Cross-stitch is a type of embroidery that entails using X-shaped stitches and tiled pattern to create an image. It is a type of counted needlework, meaning you must count the threads on the fabric to figure out where to stitch, and is one of the easiest forms of embroidery to learn.
- While there are hundreds of embroidery stitches out there, perfecting a dozen or so of the most common will enable you to complete tons of patterns and projects. Common stitches include the back stitch, stem stitch, chain stitch and the French knot.
- Can’t figure out a stitch? There are oodles of awesome instructional YouTube videos on the web that can help. Popular channels to follow include Jessica Long Embroidery, Mary Corbet’s Need N’ Thread and Cutesy Crafts.
- While all embroidery hoops generally have the same purpose — to hold fabric in place while you embroider — some differ in how the fabric’s tension is adjusted. Hoops that use a screw on the outer ring to increase and decrease the tension of the fabric are the most common, while flexi hoops are made from a pliable vinyl that fits tightly over an inner plastic round. The latter variety, which have the appearance of real wood, are often used to frame finished projects, since some find them harder to use for stitching.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide