ShenHuiTech Clear Double-Sided Mat Tape
Last updated: October 8, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mat Tapes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mat Tape you should buy.
With a width of 1.8 inches and a thickness of only 0.08 inches, this tape works better with keeping mats and desk items from sliding around. You'll get 10 feet of tape in this package, and you can cut the tape to the length you need. Although this tape promises to be removable without leaving residue, it's not recommended for use on surfaces that are easily damaged.
In our analysis, the ShenHuiTech Clear Double-Sided Mat Tape placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EASY TO USE & REMOVABLE. The length of this double-sided tape is 10FT, 1.18inches wide and 0.08 inches thick,you can easily cut the nano tape to any size you need. Very easy to remove and leave no residue. Note: To avoid the possible damage, we don’t recommed using this tape on easily damaged surfaces. WASHABLE & REUSABLE & TRACELESS. This nano gel tape can be used repeatedly,and its material is washable. When it gets dirty, wash it with warm water, and dry it, The tape will regain its stickiness.If you want to remove the tape, slowly tear it from the surface, no traces will be left on the surface of the object. STRONG VISCOSITY. The adhesive tape USES new nanotechnology and environmentally friendly materials. It is sturdy and durable but can easily be stretched and recycled,the clean and smooth surface holds up to 1 KG (2.2 LBS). MULTIPURPOSE ADHESIVE TAPE. This double-sided adhesive tape can be used to paste all kinds of objects, such as picture frames, ornaments, carpets, kitchen hooks, mobile phone holders, wall stickers. So u can use it in your home, office, outdoor and so on. 2021 UPGRADE NANO TAPE. This sticky mounting tape can solve problems of placing items in the home or Outdoor, provides more convenience to your life.Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the product, we’ll reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problem.
Mats are an important part of some sports, offering cushioning for athletes as they navigate across hard gymnasium floors. Wrestling, gymnastics and martial arts all require padded mats to keep everyone safe and comfortable, but those aren’t the only uses for mats.
In sports, though, having mats slide around can be dangerous. Even if you have mats that lock together, there’s no guarantee they won’t slip as athletes move around. Unfortunately, this movement can be dangerous to anyone who depends on the floor remaining steady beneath them.
Mat tape is a great way to secure the mats to each other, as well as to the floor. With a strong adhesive, this tape is designed to hold non-porous surfaces in place. The best tape will also adhere to other surfaces without leaving a residue behind when it’s no longer needed. This part is important since most sports teams are on a gym floor that’s used by other teams. Sticky residue can become a huge inconvenience to athletes playing basketball or volleyball.
One important feature in mat tape is transparency. You’ll want a tape that’s clear in color so it doesn’t show while in use. This will keep your event floor looking visually appealing. Most mat tape is clear in color for this very reason.
Sports mats aren’t the only use for mat tape. You may find it comes in handy for keeping rugs in place. Some mat tape is even specifically formulated to bind carpeted surfaces together, which is useful if you have a rug on carpet.
There are multiple types of mats. Some mats are what’s known as “open cell,” which means they’re porous in order to better absorb sweat. These mats are made to reduce slipping risks, so you’ll find them in sports settings. Yoga mats, as well as the grappling mats often used in martial arts, are great examples of the open-cell design.
Closed-cell mats are what you see in the PVC mats often used in wrestling. You might find it harder to find mat tape that works with closed-cell mats since they’re less porous. If you have closed-cell mats, make sure you look specifically for tape that works with non-porous surfaces.
In some cases, you may set your mats up and leave them. You can find mat tape that’s designed for more permanent installations. This will have a more aggressive adhesive that might be harder to remove. If you’ve chosen this type of tape, it’s a good idea to test it on a small area of the surface you’re adhering it to in order to make sure it won’t cause serious damage when you do need to remove it.
- Your mat tape will come in a variety of lengths, but the widths are also important. A slim profile could help with binding edges of mats together, but a wider tape will cover more surface area as you’re adhering mats to the floor.
- The thickness of the tape itself also comes into play. Thinner tape might not have the strength that you’ll get with a thinner tape.
- If your goal is to attach a mat to the ground, pay close attention to the flooring types that are supported. Some are limited to wood, but others can stick to carpet, vinyl and laminate. It’s also important to make sure it will adhere to the mat itself.
- Tape can leave residue behind when you remove it. A high-quality mat tape is formulated to do its job well, but easily remove without leaving anything behind when you no longer need it.
- Some mat tape can be removed and reapplied without losing its adhesive. This can give you the flexibility to make a mistake during installation.
- If you use mat tape on a regular basis, you might want to look around for a good deal on multiple rolls. This will ensure you always have enough on hand when it’s time for a meet.
- Athletic mats aren’t the only use for mat tape. Some options can come in handy for installing a rug so that it doesn’t move around or repairing rips in carpet. If you’re using mat tape for this sort of thing, make sure it won’t move around while you’re vacuuming.
- You can use some types of mat tape to repair carpet on your stairs. However, this use, like mat tape used during athletics, means it’s important to make sure it’s secure before traffic starts moving over it.
- Mat tape can also come in handy for holding items in place on desks, tables and other furniture. You might use this double-sided tape to secure your charging stations, office supplies or mousepad, for instance.
- You probably are prepared to cut your tape to the length you need, but keep in mind that you can also cut the width. A wider tape might give you the option of slimming your tape as needed.
- Follow the installation instructions carefully as they can differ from one tape to another. With some tape, you’ll only need to tape the mats together but with others, you’ll be sticking the mat to the floor.
- Some mat tape has an odor as it comes from the factory. To avoid this smell becoming a distraction during an important event, install it in advance if possible.
- Reusable mat tape will not only save you money, but it is also more eco-friendly. If you go with this option, though, make sure the tape will have the same top quality as competitors that can’t be reused.