Shark NV356E 31 Navigator Anti-Allergen Deep Clean Vacuum
Last updated date: March 24, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shark Vacuums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shark Vacuum you should buy.
Update as March 24, 2023:
Checkout The Best Shark Vacuum For Deep Cleaning for a detailed review of all the top shark vacuums.
Families will love the versatility this Shark vacuum provides. It makes quick work of cleaning both hardwood and carpeting, while providing all the tools needed to handle pet hair and dust in hard-to-reach corners. The added HEPA filter is also a plus, especially if you tend to be affected by common allergens.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the Shark Navigator Anti-Allergen Deep Clean Vacuum placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A lightweight 2-in-1 Lift-Away upright vacuum with a detachable pod for portable cleaning power. With the push of a button, Lift Away the pod and easily clean in hard-to-reach areas. This vacuum is also equipped with Swivel Steering for excellent control when maneuvering around furniture, and has a completely sealed system with a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shark Vacuums
Finding the perfect vacuum cleaner for your home can be easier said than done. But, if you’ve already decided on the brand you’d like, you’re halfway there. Shark is a leading name in the household appliance industry. So if you’ve selected this as the brand you’d like to bring into your house to help keep things tidy, you’ve chosen well. However, there are many different types of vacuums under the Shark name, so now it’s time to compare a few to find out which one really is the best one for you.
For example, the Shark TruePet Canister Upright Vacuum was voted as the best overall when examining the brand’s top products. However, if you don’t have pets and therefore a ton of hair to pick up all over the house, this may not be the option for you.
In that case, you may want to go for the best value, which likely means you’ll walk away with the Navigator LiftAway Vacuum. This model is easy to maneuver and works on a variety of surfaces, including hardwoods, carpet and more.
There’s much to be considered when shopping for a vacuum, but the good news is that Shark has a lot to offer. So, whatever your needs may be, there’s bound to be a machine that will get the job done — a highly rated machine, at that.
Stick around and we’ll get into the nitty-gritty (pun intended!) of what makes each of the four top-rated Shark vacuums so great. In the process, you’ll discover exactly what your home needs from a vacuum cleaner in terms of pick-up power, maneuverability, storage and more. Then, you’ll be well on your way to maintaining a tidy space once and for all.
Here’s to finding the Shark vacuum that will work for you. After all, when it comes to keeping your home clean, only the best will do!
The Shark Vacuum Buying Guide
- While it may not be the obvious thing to consider when purchasing a vacuum cleaner, how much the machine weighs should definitely play a role in your decision. If you’re going to be lifting this thing up and down stairs to clean multiple levels in your home, you’re likely going to want something that’s lightweight. In that case, look to the Rocket DuoClean or the Rocket Complete Ultra-Light models to make things easier on yourself.
- Be sure to think about where you’ll be storing your vacuum when it’s not in use. The bigger and bulkier the machine, the larger the closet or space you’ll need to make sure it’s not in the way until you need it. If you’ve got a large laundry room or closet to store your machine in, the TruePet Canister option could work great for big messes in your home. If you’re in a smaller space, however, a large vacuum might feel like clutter if not properly put away. So be sure you know exactly where your vacuum will “live” in your home before making a purchase.
- While you’re definitely more focused on how a vacuum will keep your space clean, you’ll also have to think about what is required to keep your vacuum clean and operating at its best. A canister vacuum, such as the Navigator LiftAway model, makes it easy to tell when it’s time to empty the canister so that there’s plenty of space for sucking up debris and more. You’ll never have to guess when it’s time to empty what your vacuum’s collected so far, as you might with bag vacuum models.
- You’ll definitely want to consider the type of suction power you need for your home. Do you have carpets? Pets? Kids? All of this will come into play when choosing the best machine to keep things clean. The TruePet Canister Upright and Navigator LiftAway models are great for heavy-duty types of cleanup. Meanwhile, if you’ve got a smaller apartment with tiled floors, a heavy duty vacuum with tons of suction power may not be necessary to keep your space in order. The types of messes you clean up most often will dictate your needs here.
- The surfaces your vacuum will encounter also matter. Will it be transitioning from tile to carpet as you move from room to room? If so, you’re going to want something that will easily adjust to the different needs for picking up on a smooth surface versus one that can trap dust and debris. Models such as the Navigator LiftAway and the Rocket DuoClean are great if you’ve got multiple types of flooring throughout your home. They’re made to transition from room to room and offer versatility, attachments and more to suit your needs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide