Senston Sun–Activated Glow-In-The-Dark Bright Basketball for Women
Last updated date: September 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Basketballs For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Basketball For Women you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Basketballs For Women for a detailed review of all the top basketballs for women.
It glows in the dark! This basketball has a cover made of composite leather and soft grip technology. The text on the ball remains luminous for two hours after 20 minutes of exposure to sunlight. You can pick from three fun designs. It comes with a pump, too.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Senston Sun--Activated Glow-In-The-Dark Bright Basketball for Women placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Package Including ★ 1 X SIZE 6 BASKETBALL; 1 X PUMP; 1 X NEEDLE. Best Gift for Girls ★ Unique size for girls, womens. It can play as a normal basketball in the daytime. And in the nighttime, it’s luminous pattern will makes the ball more special. Glow in The Dark ★ Just put the basketball under the SUNSHINE 10-20minutes, it will glow in the dark about 2 hours. Stronger and longer sunshine will makes the ball brighter. It’s a standard night ball basketball, easy to use without batteries. Superior Quality ★ Soft and Comfort. Composite leather cover basketball with durable soft grip technology. Performance composite large particles bump leather cover, wear-resisting, absorb sweat, incredible grip. After-sales Service ★ If you have any problems after the purchase, you can feel free to contact us in any time.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Basketballs For Women
If you’re wanting to take up the very popular sport of basketball, you’ll want to make sure you get the right ball that’s comfortable to use. Basketballs for women are slightly smaller and lighter than those for men to account for the fact that women typically have smaller hands. They come in size 6, an intermediate size that weighs 20 ounces and has a 28.5-inch circumference. In comparison, men’s size 7 balls are 22 ounces and have a 29.5-inch circumference.
Basketballs for women have an interior bladder, a rubber or mostly polyester carcass layer, and an outer cover that’s generally made from rubber, leather, or composite materials. Choosing the right cover material is important for the ball’s durability and feel. It requires assessing whether you plan to play basketball outdoors, indoors or both.
While they’re less common these days, women’s basketballs with a genuine leather cover offer the most premium feel and are the costliest option. You should consider this type of ball if you only plan to play basketball indoors since outdoor surfaces can significantly reduce the ball’s life span. These basketballs feel comfortable in your hand but may require a special leather cleaner for maintenance.
You’ll get the largest selection of women’s basketballs with a cover made of synthetic or composite leather. These are also easy to grip. They hold up better than real leather basketballs for outdoor use but work well indoors too. In addition, you get a leather-like feel from the soft cover but at a more budget-friendly price. However, synthetic balls can be slippier, with a less consistent grip.
If you’re looking for something that can withstand rough surfaces, you might instead choose a basketball with a rubber exterior. This type is versatile enough for both indoor and outdoor use and can be more budget-friendly than the other types. Rubber basketballs also provide the advantage of better grip even if the ball gets dirty or sweaty.
Many women’s basketballs come in the traditional orange color which allows good visibility for both spectators and players. However, pink, green, black and even multicolored basketballs are available. Some women’s basketballs also glow in the dark or have lights inside; these are a good choice for playing in the dark.
You’ll also want to look at the exterior pebbling and channels. Pebbles increase the surface area on the ball, making for better grip and moisture wicking, while deeper channels allow for easier handling of the ball.
The Basketball For Women Buying Guide
- If you want a women’s basketball to help with specific training exercises, look into specialized options. For example, some weighted basketballs can help with strength training. You can even get a women’s basketball that sends data to an app on your phone so you can view your stats.
- Depending on the basketball you purchase, it may come already inflated or require inflation before use. Make sure to have an appropriate pump handy and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the correct pounds per square inch (psi) level. Just remember: overinflating the ball can lead to damage.
- You can expect your women’s basketball to lose air on occasion. It’s normal for the basketball to be less inflated if it’s been in storage for a while or if you haven’t used it in a long time. However, you may also experience leaks from a bad seal or small puncture that needs fixing.
- The size 6 basketball is also appropriate for boys aged 9-11, while girls under 9 years old might prefer a smaller size 5 ball.
- You’ll eventually need to replace your basketball. Its life span will depend on the ball’s cover material, how often you play it and where you use the ball. If you only play a few times a week, you could get a few years of use versus six months or less if you play many hours every day.
- Take proper care of your women’s basketball. Wipe it off regularly, avoid putting the ball in damp environments or extreme temperatures, and keep it away from rocks and other sharp objects.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide