SEEHAN Leather Girl & Boy Dandelion DIY Memory Scrapbook
Last updated date: July 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Scrapbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Scrapbook you should buy.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the SEEHAN SEEHAN Leather Girl & Boy Dandelion DIY Memory Scrapbook placed 7th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Scrapbook for a detailed review of all the top scrapbooks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
SEEHAN Leather Scrapbook Album DIY Photo Album Love Memory Book Polaroid Photo Album Scrap Booking Album 60 Pages.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Scrapbooks
Digital photos have replaced print. On vacation, you’re more likely to share all your pictures online than to wait until you get back to show them to your friends. While it’s convenient to no longer have to take your film to a photo developer and wait for print copies, there’s still something special about having photos in an album that you leave on the shelf and show off to guests.
That could be the reason photo albums and scrapbooks have seen a comeback in recent years. This started with the scrapbooking craze a couple of decades ago, which had people using paper and decorative writing to enhance their pages of photos. But that trend has settled into something much simpler. Today’s photo albums often feature the photos on plain but sturdy paper, but some even go old school, buying photo albums that have the traditional protective film covering each page of pictures.
As you’re shopping for photo albums, though, consider how you’ll affix your photos. The albums that have protective film generally are self-adhesive, which means you’ll just need to press the photos into place. Many others, though, require you to use craft glue to attach your photos.
If all your photos are digital, you may want to consider building a photo album online. You can then have the photos printed on the page itself, then bound in a book that’s sent to you for display and use. But one problem with this approach is that you can’t remove and add photos later.
As for photo printing, if you print quite a few, you may want to consider purchasing a photo printer. They’re relatively inexpensive, as long as you print enough pictures to recoup your cost quickly. But for those who only occasionally print photos, paying an online service or local store to do it will likely be the most cost-effective option.
DWYM Fun Fact
Those who are into selfies may want to gather some friends around for the next picture. A University of California study identified something called the “cheerleader effect,” which states that people appear more attractive when photographed as part of a group rather than alone. You may also want to maneuver your way to the left side of those group photos. A separate study found that the left side of the face is seen as more attractive than the right. One reason for that could be another finding of the study, which revealed that the left side tended to show more emotion than the right.
The Scrapbook Buying Guide
- You can’t just use any glue when you’re attaching photos to paper. It’s important to choose a glue that won’t damage the picture. Look specifically for acid-free glue, which you’ll often find in types of glue specifically designed for crafts.
- You can also attach photos using double-sided tape. It’s a safer option, and it also makes the photos more removable if necessary.
- The paper type is crucial to protecting your photos, as well. Acid-free paper is best when your priceless photos will be coming into direct contact with the page.
- It’s also important to store your item in the right place. Heat and moisture are enemies. Keep your albums in a cool, dry place and they should be protected for decades.
- Although thicker, more durable pages are great, they can also make the photo album challenging to work with and store. Make sure you choose an album with pages that are thick, but not prone to warping or adding excess bulk.
- One of the biggest deciders when choosing a photo album or scrapbook is the look of the album itself. Since it’s stored on a shelf or coffee table, the cover will be the most important decorative factor. Some of the most popular albums have a vintage look, including decorative covers that seem to have come straight from a movie set. You’ll also find some albums have a tie to hold them closed when not in use. This is more decorative than functional, as these ties aren’t designed to keep your photo album secure.
- If you choose a photo album or scrapbook with craft paper, make sure the paper itself is non-fading. Keep in mind that you’ll likely have the album for many years — decades, even — and paper can easily fade.
- Capacity is another consideration. How many pages does the album have? How many photos will it hold? This will, of course, depend on the size of your photos. You can squeeze in far more small photos than larger ones.