Savory Choice Pre-Portioned Boxed Chicken Broth Stock, 5.1-Ounce
Last updated: June 24, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Boxed Chicken Broth Stocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Boxed Chicken Broth Stock you should buy.
This 5.1-ounce box of chicken broth is so easy to use, with 12 pre-portioned pouches that each contain enough liquid concentrate to make one cup of broth when hot water is added. You'll find the boxed chicken broth stock is the perfect choice for busy chefs.
In our analysis, the Savory Choice Pre-Portioned Boxed Chicken Broth Stock, 5.1-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
No MSG, no preservatives, gluten free and trans fat free. 1 box (12 stick pouches) makes 96 Ounce of chicken broth (equal to 7 x 14 oz cans or 3 x 1 quart boxed broth). Liquid broth concentrate packed in pre-portioned foil pouches. Each stick pouch of liquid broth concentrate is reconstituted with 1 cup (8 ounce) hot water. Savory Choice chicken broth concentrate is fresh homemade flavor from natural ingredients. Savory Choice Liquid Chicken Broth Concentrate has roasted chicken flavor without MSG. Gluten free and Trans fat free. Tired of discarding the 1/2 used box of broth in your refrigerator because you cannot remember how old it is. Now you can make as little as 1 cup of broth at a time and eliminate waste. Each box contains 12 stick pouches which makes the same amount as 3 x 1 quart boxed broth (96 fluid ounces). Use in soups, stews, gravies and casseroles.
Boxed Chicken Broth Stock Rankings
Boxed chicken broth stocks and concentrates are convenient, tasty alternatives to homemade chicken stock, when you do not have that on hand (and don’t feel like making any). You can choose from ready-to-pour boxed broths and concentrates in different forms, like bouillon cubes, powders and liquids.
Naturally, different broths provide different kinds of flavors. You can use a variety of chicken broths with different flavor profiles, depending on your needs. A heavily spiced one might work well in some recipes, while an all-purpose one could be your go-to for everyday use.
Also look for organic, gluten-free and other options, if you so desire. Remember that boxed broths are premade, so you can’t adjust the flavors like you can with concentrates or with homemade stock.
- Don’t necessarily choose the most expensive broth or concentrate, since this doesn’t always mean you’re getting a better flavor.
- You may want to try several brands before deciding on a favorite. As for how to choose, consider how close the broth tastes to homemade chicken soup, if that’s your preference.
- People who are watching their sodium intake can choose chicken stocks with no added salt or low sodium.
- Once a box of chicken broth is opened, it needs to be kept in the refrigerator. Concentrates usually have longer shelf lives.
- Be sure to check the expiration or best-by date on a chicken broth or stock before using it. It’s all too easy to forget about a container in your pantry for so long that it goes bad.