SALAV GS18-DJ/120 Adjustable Hanger Upright Clothes Steamer
Last updated date: December 6, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Upright Clothes Steamers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Upright Clothes Steamer you should buy.
Update as February 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Upright Clothes Steamer To Spruce Up Any Shirt for a detailed review of all the top upright clothes steamers.
Keep your wardrobe looking sharp with this handy upright clothes steamer. It has a powerful 1500 watts motor and a removable water tank that lasts a full hour before needing to be refilled. The attached hanger is even adjustable, so you can use it with a variety of garments.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the SALAV GS18-DJ/120 Adjustable Hanger Upright Clothes Steamer placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The SALAV GS18-DJ/120 Performance Garment Steamer is a powerful 1500-watt garment steamer featuring a folding adjustable hanger which extends to perfectly fit your clothes and folds up for easy storage. This handy steamer has an easy-to-fill, translucent water tank with a 1.8L and heats up in a quick 45 seconds. Providing over 60 minutes of continuous steam, the GS18-DJ/120 garment steamer will soften and straighten wrinkles on clothing, drapes, upholstery and more. The 4.6 ft. double insulated hose helps maintain steam temperature and regulate hose surface heat. The GS18-DJ/120 garment steamer has a telescopic aluminum pole for compact storage with adjustable height up to 53 inches, power switch with light indicator and auto shut-off when water runs out or overheats, patented drain plug technology for easy water management, 6-1/2 ft. power cord length, and roll casters for easy movement.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Upright Clothes Steamers
Though wrinkles are easily pressed out of some fabrics with ironing, not all fabrics do well with direct contact with an iron. A steamer can be a much more convenient, portable alternative to ironing, and it might be the preferred way of de-wrinkling some of your favorite clothing items.
These devices direct a steady flow of steam at your clothing. The steam gently releases wrinkles rather than forcing them out using direct heat. With some fabric, it’s a highly efficient way to refresh clothes that need it.
The key to success with steamers is to make sure they have enough power to do the job. This is found in the steaming power put out by the device itself. A strong heating element is key to this. You can also look at the steam output per minute as a method of comparing two devices against each other.
But if you only occasionally need to remove wrinkles from garments, you may not need the powerhouse you’d get with one you’d use heavily. Although steaming power is always important, you may be able to get away with a steamer that has a smaller water tank and lacks some of the convenience features.
For those who plan to do quite a bit of steaming, though, pay close attention to the capacity of the tank. One that holds a larger amount of water will usually give you more steam time. But some steamers will list the minutes of continuous steam you’ll get from each session.
Removing clothing wrinkles isn’t the only use for a steamer. They can also help you straighten out curtains and other fabrics around the house. Being able to de-wrinkle your drapes without removing them and setting them up on the ironing board is a huge bonus.
The Upright Clothes Steamer Buying Guide
- Take a look at the mechanism you’ll use to control the steam. When you have attachments or nozzles in one hand and need the other free to maneuver your fabric, you may find a hand-operated mechanism inconvenient. Some come with foot pedals to control the steam for that reason.
- Steamers don’t work equally on all fabrics. Although steam can remove wrinkles easily from lighter-weight fabrics, you’ll likely find that fabrics like wool or denim need an iron to get good results.
- Where steamers really shine is with sensitive fabrics like cashmere and silk. A steamer will not only easily remove wrinkles from these fabrics, but they won’t damage the fabric, which is always a risk when ironing.
- Portability is essential, especially if you’re using your steamer on curtains. Many steamers now come with wheels attached to make it easy to move around. You’ll also find simply removing it from storage and setting it up is easier with wheels.
- Use only distilled water in the water tank of your steamer. Tap water will make it tougher to clean, as well as possibly reducing its lifespan. The purer the water you use, the better.
- You’ll need to be able to hang your clothing items to steam them. Many steamers have a built-in clothing hanger to make this easy. One bonus feature is a hanger that swivels around to make it easy to position your clothes at every angle. If such a hanger is included, keep in mind you’ll need clips to hold pants, shorts and skirts.
- One handy feature on some steamers is a button that lets you pause the steam if you need to take a brief break from your de-wrinkling for any reason.
- Although it’s not necessary, a steamer with attachments can make things easier. Some have a dedicated attachment that helps you press creases. Some steamers also come with extras like a fabric brush or an ironing board.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide