Rubbermaid Folding Stool, 3-Step
Last updated date: September 3, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Step Ladders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Step Ladder you should buy.
Editor's Note September 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Step Ladder for a detailed review of all the top step ladders.
Constructed using a sturdy steel frame, the Rubbermaid Folding Stool, 3-Step is safe and convenient for homeowners and apartment dwellers. It has a grip on the handle for stability and folds up quickly for easy storage in a hall closet or laundry room.
In our analysis of 121 expert reviews, the Rubbermaid Rubbermaid Folding Stool, 3-Step placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Rubbermaid RM-3W 3-Step Steel Stool is perfect tool when you need a little extra height for items in the kitchen, bathroom, office or garage. Designed with a solid steel frame, plastic steps, hand grip and a 200-pound weight capacity, you`ll feel safe and comfortable getting to those hard to reach places. The step stool features non-marring feet, large standing platform that automatically locks in place and a convenient handgrip making the stool easy to climb and carry. The RM-3W measures 44.75 inches (L) by 21 inches (H) by 3 inches (W) with a highest standing height of 27.25 inches and weighs approximately 13.25 pounds. The durable steel stool has a silver finish, 8.9-foot reach height, type III duty rating and folds up for easy storage. Rubbermaid products aim to simplify everyday life by consumer and commercial products that touch millions of people every day where they work, live and play. The Rubbermaid RM-3W 3-Step Steel Stool comes with a 1-year limited warranty. As a licensed manufacturer of Rubbermaid Step Stools, Tricam is a leading consumer products company who continues to lead the industry with innovative, patented designs throughout their entire product line. Tricam`s products include household step stools, lawn and garden carts, replacement tires and tire tubes. Visit www.amazon.com/rubbermaidstepstools for more information on Rubbermaid Step Stools and our extensive line of products. From the Manufacturer This Rubbermaid 3-step steel stool folds up to under 3 inches thin for easy storage yet has a large standing platform for stable and secure use. The convenient hand grip make the stool easy to climb and carry, while the non-marring feet are easy on you and your floor.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Step Ladders
While working in your home or garden, you may find that a few tasks are hard to complete without getting yourself a little bit higher. Instead of risking standing on an object or dining room chair, it’s best to invest in a step ladder.
As you search for the best step ladder, keep in mind the weight of the person who is going to be using it. Some models only hold up to 200 pounds. Since the average man weighs between 194 and 201 pounds, that’s cutting it close. The HBTower 3 Step Folding Step Ladder might be a better choice as it can hold up to 500 pounds.
Look at the weight of the ladder itself next. Some models are heavy, which is necessary if you plan on using them for work. For home use, however, you’ll want something lighter and more portable, like the Cosco Signature 3-Step Aluminum Step Ladder that weighs less than 8 pounds.
Check to see if any safety measures are put into place to make using the step ladder less risky. For example, the Delxo Folding Stepladder, 3-Step has a rubber grip covering the handle and waves embedded in each step. Most models also have a locking mechanism that will keep the ladder in an open position, so it doesn’t fold up or fall over while you’re using it.
Determine how far you need to reach. Most models will give you an extra 4 to 6 feet. If you’re looking to complete jobs that require a higher reach, you’ll want to go with a model that actually converts to a 19-foot extension ladder.
Finally, consider any extra features the step ladder may have to offer. For example, it may come with a handy tool tray or it may offer heel-to-toe support to reduce foot fatigue.
The Step Ladder Buying Guide
- Some models can be configured into a scaffolding system, but they typically require you to purchase additional accessories to do so.
- The assembly of some models might be difficult. Check to see if there are any required tools for assembly before you buy.
- The top platform can be sharp. When on the rungs, your knees may hit the sharp edges.
- Keep in mind taller step ladders are harder to store. They may not fit in a closet, so you’d have to place them in a basement or garage when not in use.
- Warning: Aluminum is a conductor of electricity. It is possible to be electrocuted while standing on an aluminum ladder if you are working with electricity.
- The price for a step ladder is directly related to the size and reach of the ladder. You’ll find the Cosco Signature 3-Step Aluminum Step Ladder is the most affordable. The Rubbermaid 2-Step Steel Step Ladder falls in the middle of the price range with the Delxo Folding Stepladder, 3-Step and the HBTower 3 Step Folding Step Ladder commanding the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide