Rubbermaid 1856059 Snap Top BPA-Free Cereal Container
Last updated date: August 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cereal Containers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cereal Container you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Cereal Container and Container Sets for a detailed review of all the top cereal containers.
These heavy-duty containers are perfect for storing cereal and other dry foods. The lid is tight-fitting, and has an easy opening for pouring food. The containers are both freezer and dishwasher safe.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Rubbermaid Snap Top BPA-Free Cereal Container placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep the crunch in your favorite cereal with the Rubbermaid Flip Top Cereal Keeper. Featuring a convenient flip-top lid, accessing cereal, snacks and treats is super easy. With a tight seal, food stays fresh and the clear base helps you find what you’re looking for, faster.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cereal Containers
Ever wake up in the morning, excited for breakfast, only to discover that your cereal is now stale? One of the most appealing aspects of eating cereal is feeling the crispy crunch amidst the cool milk. However, if the crunch is replaced by a soggy stale taste, you’re not going to enjoy your breakfast.
Keeping cereal fresh for long periods of time can be difficult. You need to ensure that the plastic cereal bag is closed tightly, such as with an elastic band, and that the box is closed shut. However, sometimes, that’s not enough. This is when a cereal container comes in handy.
A cereal container is an airtight food storage box, typically made of BPA-free plastic or glass. The key is to find one that has a tight-fitting lid that seals closed, so that your cereal stays fresh inside. Often, cereal containers are thin and tall, much like the shape of a cereal box. This makes them easy to store in your cabinets, or in the same places you would normally store cereal boxes.
Not only are cereal containers great for keeping boxed cereal fresh, but they are perfect vessels for bulk cereal too. If you shop at a bulk food store, you can keep your cereal in the containers, instead of in the plastic bag they usually come home in. This makes it easy to pour without spills or messes.
Look for a container that is see-through, so you can easily tell which kind of cereal is inside. This way, you can avoid opening up the box and letting out the freshness each time you want to know what’s in it. Opt for a durable container that won’t break if it topples. This is key if you have little children who will be pouring their own cereal.
The Cereal Container Buying Guide
- One of the main considerations when buying cereal containers is the lid. Not only does it need to seal on tight to the container, but it needs to be easy to get the cereal out without spilling any. Look for a cereal container that has an easy dispensing lid. You can find cereal containers that have special dispensing knobs, which need to be twisted in order to pour out cereal. You can also find standing containers that have flappable dispensing lids, making it easy to pour the cereal you need.
- Take a look at how much a cereal container holds. If the container is too small, you’ll have to refill it every few days, which can become cumbersome. If’s too large, then you may have trouble finding a shelf for it to fit on in your pantry.
- Depending on your pantry setup, it may be more useful to find cereal containers that are stackable. This way, you can save space while making your food easy to access. Stackable containers typically have flat lids and interlocking bases, ensuring that the containers don’t tumble when on top of each other.
- Cleaning your cereal containers is fairly simple, as they can be easily opened and washed with soap and water in the sink. Many cereal containers can also be placed in the dishwasher, making cleanup even easier. Some containers are also freezer safe, so you can store dry goods in there for long periods of time if needed.
- For many people, it’s important to be able to label food containers with the contents and the date. You’ll find that some cereal containers actually come with special labels you can use, making it easier to mark your products. You can also use masking tape and a pen to make your own quick labels at home.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide