ROLLO Commercial DirectThermal High Speed Label Printer, 4×6-Inch
Last updated date: August 7, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as August 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Label Writer for a detailed review of all the top .
Easy set-up and a host of options are what you'll get with this label writer. This unit works seamlessly with all major shipping platforms and even uses UPS's free labels. Since the label writer is equipped with thermal direct technology, you won't have to worry about replacing ink cartridges.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the ROLLO DirectThermal Label Printer placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Rollo provides the fastest, most reliable, and affordable way to print your labels. Print with out ever needing to buy ink or cartridges. Technology long used by shipping couriers themselves is now available at your fingertips at an affordable price. Rollo uses a patented design to rocket-boost your productivity with economical, high performance logistics printing for the most demanding conditions.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Label writers have really come a long way over the years. You can still use them at home to assist with craft projects and certain organizational goals, but there are also now more sophisticated office models for printing shipping and barcode labels. Reviewing the available features is the best way to determine which of the label writers will fit your specific needs.
When shopping for a simple label maker, you want the model to be lightweight and portable. That way you can carry it into your home office and create labels for your files before heading to your kitchen to label each of your spices. The DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Writer is a good choice, as it also comes with a selection of font sizes and styles that can be viewed on an LCD interface display before you print.
Even if you’re shopping for a basic label writer, you still want it to have a few features that make it more functional. For example, the Brother Easy-to-Use PT-D210 Label Writer has a memory that can store up to 30 labels at once. It also includes the addition of 600 symbols and 97 fun frames that will allow you to create unique labels that are colorful and decorative. These are perfect for scrapbooking projects and gift tags.
Should you require a more sophisticated label writer that is capable of printing shipping labels, you’ll want to choose one that uses thermal direct technology. This will save you from having to spend money on replacement ink and toner. The ROLLO DirectThermal Label Printer further cuts costs by accepting free UPS labels. It’s also compatible with such widely used platforms as Stamps.com, ShipWorks, Shopify, Etsy and Amazon.
If you do a lot of printing, you’ll want to go with a model like the Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer, which has a printing speed of 5 inches per second. It has a high resolution and accepts any kind of thermal label paper that you prefer to use.
A few other features worth considering include a sleep mode, date stamp and a protective case. You may also wish to look for a model that works with programs like Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
The Buying Guide
- Always check to see what is included in your label writer purchase and what isn’t. Some models require a set of batteries that are not included, while others state that they operate with an AC power adapter that is sold separately. You may find the label writer also has a line of accessories that are sold separately as well, such as a label holder.
- Look to see if any software is needed to use the label writer. Some simply require you to download a free Chrome extension, however, there are label writers that will only work with software that costs money to buy.
- Keep in mind that most printers are not supported by iOS or Android, so you won’t be able to use them with your smartphone.
- Since there are so many different types of label writers on the market, the price varies greatly. The simpler the model, the lower the price tag. For example, the DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Writer and the Brother Easy-to-Use PT-D210 Label Writer are more basic in the functions they can perform, so they are among the most affordable. You’ll pay a higher price for the ROLLO DirectThermal Label Printer and the Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer, as they are able to create and print shipping and barcode labels.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide