Rockland Luggage 4 Piece Set
Last updated date: March 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Luggage Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Luggage Set you should buy.
Update as June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Luggage Set for a detailed review of all the top luggage sets.
In our analysis of 105 expert reviews, the Rockland Luggage 4 Piece Set placed 10th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This beautiful deluxe 4-piece expandable luggage sets manufactured with a patented heavy duty eva-molded hi-count fabric. This set is perfect for the serious and experienced traveler manufactured with the very best heavy duty polyester and polyvinyl chloride backing, this luggage set is designed for the traveler on the go and comes with three expandable uprights and a flight tote bag. It comes packed with features including: an inside retractable handle, ez-roll in-line skate wheels, back zippered secured pockets, top and side comfort grip handle, stability bars at the bottom to avoid tilting, and locks and keys. Upright features include: clear in-line skate wheel system for smooth ride push-button self-locking internally stored retractable handle system ergonomic and comfortable padded top and side grip handles two front full size zipper-secured pockets three internal organizational pockets for all your traveling needs each upright's interior is fully lined with a durable and elegantly imprinted lining elegant silver pewter heavy duty industrial hardware carry-on flight tote bag features include: elegantly imprinted full interior lining detachable and adjustable non-slip shoulder strap spacious main compartment maximum strength industrial hardware 19-inch carry-on upright: 19 inches high x 13 inches wide x 8 inches expandable to 10 inches deep. 6 lbs. 24-inch upright: 24 inches high x 16 inches wide x 10 inches expandable to 12 inches deep. 8 lbs. 28-inch upright: 28 inches high x 18 inches wide x 12 inches expandable to 14 inches deep. 9 lbs. Carry-on flight tote bag: 12 inches wide x 11 inches high x 5.5 inches deep - 1 lb.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Luggage Sets
Whether you’re going out of town for a weekend business trip or are taking a 10-day cruise with family, you’re going to need a reliable set of luggage. Luggage is not only important for keeping your belongings safe for the duration of your vacation, but if you choose the right set, it can also be useful for keeping everything from your clothing and toiletries to books and electronics neat and organized.
When you begin your search for the perfect luggage set, you’ll need to determine your mode of travel. If you’re using your own vehicle, size won’t matter. Most trains don’t have a size restriction, but they do often limit the number of suitcases you can bring. Flying is the trickiest, as airlines do have both size and weight limits. They may also charge extra if you have more than one or two luggage pieces per person.
Once you know the luggage meets your travel requirements, look for anti-theft locks. Certain brands offer built-in TSA-approved locks. The TSA agent will still be able to check your bag when you go through security, but the lock will deter thieves from stealing your suitcase.
Check the quality and durability of each luggage set. You don’t want to risk the items in the suitcases getting damaged, or the suitcases falling apart after only a few uses. Some bags are made using polyester or ballistic nylon, but you’ll also want to consider hard-sided luggage as well.
Decide how many pieces of luggage you need in your set. Typically, you’ll see three- and four-piece sets, but there are sets with as many as eight pieces. How big of a set you require will be based on how many people in your home are traveling with you and how long you plan to stay at your intended destination.
Next comes the fun part. Examine the luggage set for space and extra pockets. Some sets have dedicated pockets on the outside of the bags for important paperwork and items you need to grab quickly, as well as pockets on the inside for storing shoes, cosmetics or chargers for your phone and iPad.
Another important feature to look for when buying a luggage set is portability via attached wheels. Some sets have two wheels that only move back and forth, while others have four multi-directional wheels. The Coolife Luggage Expandable 3-Piece Spinner is a good example of this. Users can roll these bags alongside or behind them as they make their way down a hotel corridor.
The Luggage Set Buying Guide
- While you can add your own luggage tags to any suitcases you buy, it’s nice to use a set that already has its own luggage tags. These are designed to match the set and typically are of higher quality.
- Shorter people will want to be on the lookout for push-button retractable handles that have more than one locking position. The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out Of Bounds 3-Piece set, for example, has two locking positions, so you can set the handle at a comfortable height.
- Consider your storage space before buying a luggage set. If you don’t have much room in your home, three similar-sized bags won’t work. Instead, you’d be better off getting a set in which the three pieces fit inside of each other.
- Don’t count color out. It’s helpful to have the option to select a luggage set in a color that pops. Then, when you’re at the baggage claim, you’ll quickly spot your suitcases so you can grab them and get to the fun part of your trip.
- How you clean your luggage set depends on the material it’s made out of. For starters, all suitcases can be vacuumed. This gets rid of any beach sand or dirt you may have come across. Hardshell luggage, wheels, handles and suitcase interiors can easily be sponged down with a little dish soap and water. But you’ll need to dry them off with a lint-free towel afterward. Soft fabric suitcases can also be cleaned with soapy dishwater, but you’ll need to blot and concentrate on only the areas that are dirty. Immediately dab the area dry to keep too much cleaning solution from soaking into the fabric.
- Always check the luggage sets to see how sturdy they are. You want to buy a set that will last for years to come, so good materials and a solid build are important.
- It is important to remember that the price for luggage sets varies based on features and the number of bags in the set. You’re sure to find a set that fits your budget, however.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide