Ritz Royale Terry Cloth Collection 100% Cotton Potholder, 2-Pack
Last updated date: February 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cotton Potholders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cotton Potholder you should buy.
Editor's Note February 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cotton Potholder for a detailed review of all the top cotton potholders.
The unique material adds an extra layer of heat resistance to these potholders. In addition to handling hot pans and dishes, they can be used like hot pads on the table. Plus, they can be machine washed and tumble dried.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Ritz Royale Ritz Royale Terry Cloth Collection Potholder placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This Ritz Royale 2-piece basic pot holder set in Mocha Brown is a great value set for your kitchen. Made from 100-percent terry looped cotton, the large size pot holder provides great heat protection. Each Ritz pot holder measures 8.5-inch long by 8.25-inch wide.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cotton Potholders
Cooking results in delectable meals that delight the taste buds and excite the sense of smell. However, it can also result in painful burns on your hands if you’re not careful. This is why a cotton potholder is such a useful and versatile kitchen item.
Often made out of quilted cotton with several layers, the potholder is used to cover your hands when you’re picking up and moving hot items like pots, pans and casserole dishes. Whether you’re cooking on the stovetop or taking something out of the oven, a potholder makes it easier and safer to complete your tasks.
One potholder covers one hand. In most cases, you’ll need to use two potholders — one for each hand — when handling hot dishes. Even if the dish you’re picking up is light and can be managed with one hand, having the extra potholder ensures you don’t burn your other hand if you accidentally touch the scalding surface of the dish.
Most potholders come in a square shape, which is typically five inches on each side. This way, the potholder is big enough to cover the full hand but small enough so it doesn’t get caught on any handles or hang on to a lit burner.
In addition to helping cooks handle hot pans and dishes, a cotton potholder has several other uses. Depending on the size of the pan and the size of the potholder, it can be used as a trivet. This way, you can protect your table from the hot surface of the pan. Potholders can also act as coasters for any dishes that have moisture on the outside, absorbing the liquid and keeping your table clean. You can also use them as a spoon rest while cooking.
The Cotton Potholder Buying Guide
- One of the most important things to look for in your cotton potholder is the construction. The way the potholder is made will affect the amount of heat resistance the product provides. Some varieties of cotton potholders are woven in several layers, adding a sturdy thickness to the material and making them heat resistant. Others have heat-resistant material in between layers of cotton, adding further protection.
- Flexibility is a key element to look for in your cotton potholder. Make sure that the material provides enough bend and movement so you can curve the potholder around the dish you’re carrying. If the material is too stiff or has too many layers, you may have difficulty picking up the pan and could end up burning your skin.
- Potholders are a great way to add a pop of color in your kitchen. They are available in many different styles and colors. Look for one that matches your kitchen décor, or one that adds an accent color to catch the eye.
- While potholders are not oven mitts, you can actually find some that have a fabric pocket to slip your hand into like a glove. This makes it easier to handle hot dishes, particularly heavy ones or those that are oddly shaped.
- It’s important that cotton potholders be easy to clean. Since they are used around food, it’s likely they are going to see a lot of spills and drips. As a result, look for cotton potholders that are machine washable. This makes cleanup a breeze. If they are not machine washable, opt for one that can be easily wiped down with a wet cloth.
- If storage is scarce in your home, you may want to look for a cotton potholder that has hanging loops. That way, you can affix hooks to your cabinets and hang your potholders while they are not in use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide