Revlon Quiet Ionic Lightweight Hair Dryer
Last updated date: May 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lightweight Hair Dryers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lightweight Hair Dryer you should buy.
Not only is this lightweight hair dryer 50% quieter than other models, but it also won't add weight to your suitcase when traveling. It's made to reduce frizz and enhance shine, while improving drying time. There are even two heat and two speed settings, so you can control just how you want to use the dryer. In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the Revlon Revlon Quiet Ionic Lightweight Hair Dryer placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Lightweight Hair Dryer for a detailed review of all the top lightweight hair dryers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Revlon Hair Tools is dedicated to helping women achieve beautiful hair they'll love! Whether women desire gorgeous blowouts, big enviable waves, striking straight locks, or the perfect fashion accessory to complete the look, Revlon has the styling tools you desire. Our Perfect Heat line, with triple ceramic coating, is designed to provide you with the optimal heat and ceramic coating for less damage and perfect styling level. ABOUT THE PRODUCT: Enjoy quiet, lightweight hairstyling. Designed for optimal styling ease and control, this quiet hair dryer gives you the flexibility to achieve the perfect blowout effortlessly. The vertically mounted fan minimizes noise for quiet drying, while the lightweight body design provides added comfort to your styling routine. Three layers of ceramic coating protect hair from over-styling with even heat distribution that penetrates hair quickly and dries from the inside out for less damage. Boosted with IONIC TECHNOLOGY, that help maintain a neutral charge leaving hair smooth, shiny, and with less frizz. Styling versatility is maximized with 2 Heat/2 Speed settings.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lightweight Hair Dryers
There’s a reason the hair dryer market continues to grow by 3.4% each year. Hair dryers are an important grooming tool that help men, women, children and even pets look their best. If you’re in need of a hair dryer that is light and easy to hold or one that won’t add pounds to your suitcase when traveling, you’ll want to keep an eye out for a few important features as you shop.
Start off examining the design of the lightweight hair dryer to make sure it meets your needs. For example, the Conair 1600-Watt Folding Lightweight Hair Dryer not only weighs just 1 pound, but it also has a handle that folds up to make it more compact. That’s an excellent choice for anyone who travels frequently for business or pleasure.
Next, take a look at how the hair dryer operates, as you want a model that is easy to use. The KIPOZI 1875-Watt Nano Ionic Low Noise Hair Dryer comes with an ergonomic handle for comfort when holding the hair dryer for extended periods of time. It’s also equipped with a hanging loop, a removable air filter and an ALCI safety plug.
Review the available settings to make sure you are able to tailor the lightweight hair dryer to meet your desired look. For example, the CONFU 1875-Watt Professional Ionic Hair Dryer offers three different heat settings, two speed settings and a cool shot button that works to lock in your finished hair style.
If you can afford to spend a little more for a lightweight hair dryer, the Dyson Supersonic Powerful Lightweight Hair Dryer is a great choice. It comes with a smoothing nozzle, concentrator and diffuser. After each use, your hair will feel smooth and frizz-free, as well as have a healthy shiny appearance. As an added bonus, the hair dryer utilizes heat shield technology to keep the surfaces of the hair dryer from becoming too hot.
DWYM Fun Fact
Original hair dryer designs used metal, which made the hair dryers bulky and quite heavy to hold. Once plastic was invented in the 1960s and inventors were able to figure out how to place the motor inside the hair dryer, this important grooming tool became more lightweight and easier to use.
Important safety measures were implemented in the design of hair dryers beginning in the 70s, due to the dangers of the units overheating and the previous incidences of electric shock. Not only are today’s lightweight hair dryers safe to use, but they also come with a host of speed and heat settings, as well as built-in technology that leaves hair smooth and shiny.
The Lightweight Hair Dryer Buying Guide
- Reviews report that some lightweight hair dryers have odd button placement. This can be frustrating, as users may accidentally hit the off button in the middle of using the dryer.
- Pay attention to the length of the lightweight hair dryer’s cord. Short cords restrict where you can use them, as you’ll be forced to stay near an outlet.
- Even if your hair dryer comes with a special safety plug, you’ll need to heed all of the electric shock warnings on the tag attached to the hair dryer to avoid danger.
- It’s good practice to set aside time every few weeks to give your lightweight hair dryer a good cleaning. The outside of the hair dryer can be wiped down with a cleaning wipe or a rag that has been moistened with a little dish soap and water. It’s important that you power down the hair dryer and unplug it before you clean it, or you put yourself at risk of an electric shock. Lastly, you need to remove the hair dryer’s air filter and either rinse it under the faucet (you can use a toothbrush to lift away any dust or dirt that isn’t coming up) or replace it.
- Get the most use out of your hair dryer by utilizing it to complete a variety of other tasks around the home. Hair dryers are capable of softening up candle wax to make it easier to clean up, drying out the water rings on your wooden coffee table, warming up your bed sheets on a cold winter night and softening butter for your favorite cookie recipe.
- The price for a lightweight hair dryer varies greatly based on design, number of settings and extra features. One of the most affordable hair dryers on the market is the Conair 1600-Watt Folding Lightweight Hair Dryer, which is more basic and compact in design. The CONFU 1875-Watt Professional Ionic Hair Dryer and the KIPOZI 1875-Watt Nano Ionic Low Noise Hair Dryer are moderately priced, while the Dyson Supersonic Powerful Lightweight Hair Dryer is able to command the highest price.