Retekess V117 Analog AM FM Transistor Radio
Last updated date: September 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Retekess Radios and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Retekess Radio you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2022:
Checkout The Best Retekess Radio for a detailed review of all the top retekess radios.
Although this Retekess radio is more simple than other models, it still has a lot to offer. The radio itself is easy to use with a large turning knob and clearly marked AM, FM and SW settings. It gets great reception, thanks to the extra-long antennae, and has loud sound quality.
In our analysis, the Retekess Retekess V117 Analog AM FM Transistor Radio placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
V117 analog radio is an attractively-styled, pocket-sized radio with simplicity and function in mind and it offers a combination of features for enjoyable AM/AM/Stereo listening.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Retekess Radios
Although technology has advanced significantly over the years, pocket radios still have their place. These handy devices are compact and extremely portable, which means they are ideal for camping and hiking trips as well as RV travel. The radios allow users to not only listen to music, but also keep track of any impending bad weather or breaking news.
When shopping for the best handheld radio, you’ll want to go with one of the models made by Retekess, as they are all high-quality and extremely reliable.
As you browse Retekess’s available radios, you’ll want to consider the end-user. For example, the company has one model that is ideal for elderly consumers, as it comes with a large turning knob and has clearly labeled FM, AM and SW stations. It also weighs just .3 pounds, which makes it a breeze for anyone to carry during a long walk.
Younger users will want to go with a model that has MP3 capabilities. This radio type allows consumers to store music in the TF card. Those songs can then be listened to anytime. In fact, if the user remembers the load number for his or her desired song, it can be typed directly into the system for immediate enjoyment. There’s even a 3.5-millimeter earphone jack for listening to the music in a waiting room or area where you don’t want to disturb others.
Determine how many extra features you’re looking for. Some models offer three ways to choose a station. Users can manually search for the station, use the automatic search function or input the station’s channel number directly into the system. The radio also comes with recording capabilities, an LCD backlit display and a micro-SD card slot.
Some of Retekess’s radios come with a sleep timer function and an alarm. That eliminates the need for owning a separate alarm clock, which is handy if you have a small nightstand.
The Retekess Radio Buying Guide
- You’ll find Retekess radios come with three built-in languages. These include English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Some of the Retekess radios have the ability to store your favorite stations. That way, you only need to click one button to switch to those stations in the future.
- A Retekess radio is a great addition to any emergency or natural disaster kit. Since they are battery powered, you’ll be able to access important news and weather alerts when the electricity goes out.
- Batteries are not always included with the Retekess radio, so you’ll want to take note of the type and number of batteries that are required. This way you can purchase a set before your radio arrives. You may also wish to have a spare set of batteries on hand for emergencies.
- Reviewers report that taking the time to read the directions was beneficial in understanding all of the radio’s features. While it’s tempting to get right to using your new Retekess radio, you may want to follow the recommendations of previous customers and read the product manual first.
- Other electronics within your home may affect the radio’s ability to get a good signal. Customers found when they moved their radio away from their refrigerators and closed their laptops that they were able to improve the radio’s reception.
- You’ll be excited to learn that all of Retekess’s radios are budget-friendly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide