Retekess V111 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio
Last updated date: September 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Retekess Radios and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Retekess Radio you should buy.
Editor's Note September 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Retekess Radio for a detailed review of all the top retekess radios.
With just two AA batteries, this Retekess radio will run for a full 25 hours. The unit is portable, which makes it a great addition to any natural disaster kit or group of camping gear. Impressive features include a sleep timer, alarm clock, 3.5-millimeter earphone jack and three turning methods.
In our analysis, the Retekess Retekess V111 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
V111 digital radio with DSP technology based design, which can improve the radio receiver sensitivity;
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Retekess Radios
Although technology has advanced significantly over the years, pocket radios still have their place. These handy devices are compact and extremely portable, which means they are ideal for camping and hiking trips as well as RV travel. The radios allow users to not only listen to music, but also keep track of any impending bad weather or breaking news.
When shopping for the best handheld radio, you’ll want to go with one of the models made by Retekess, as they are all high-quality and extremely reliable.
As you browse Retekess’s available radios, you’ll want to consider the end-user. For example, the Retekess V117 Analog AM FM Transistor Radio is ideal for elderly consumers, as it comes with a large turning knob and has clearly labeled FM, AM and SW stations. It also weighs just .3 pounds, which makes it a breeze for anyone to carry during a long walk.
Younger users will want to go with a model like the Retekess TR102 AM FM Shortwave Radio & MP3 Player, which has MP3 capabilities. This radio allows consumers to store music in the TF card. Those songs can then be listened to anytime. In fact, if the user remembers the load number for his or her desired song, it can be typed directly into the system for immediate enjoyment. There’s even a 3.5-millimeter earphone jack for listening to the music in a waiting room or area where you don’t want to disturb others.
Determine how many extra features you’re looking for. The Retekess V115 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio offers three ways to choose a station. Users can manually search for the station, use the automatic search function or input the station’s channel number directly into the system. The radio also comes with recording capabilities, an LCD backlit display and a micro-SD card slot.
Some of Retekess’s radios, like the Retekess V111 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio, come with a sleep timer function and an alarm. That eliminates the need for owning a separate alarm clock, which is handy if you have a small nightstand.
The Retekess Radio Buying Guide
- You’ll find Retekess radios come with three built-in languages. These include English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Some of the Retekess radios have the ability to store your favorite stations. That way, you only need to click one button to switch to those stations in the future.
- A Retekess radio is a great addition to any emergency or natural disaster kit. Since they are battery powered, you’ll be able to access important news and weather alerts when the electricity goes out.
- Batteries are not always included with the Retekess radio, so you’ll want to take note of the type and number of batteries that are required. This way you can purchase a set before your radio arrives. You may also wish to have a spare set of batteries on hand for emergencies.
- Reviewers report that taking the time to read the directions was beneficial in understanding all of the radio’s features. While it’s tempting to get right to using your new Retekess radio, you may want to follow the recommendations of previous customers and read the product manual first.
- Other electronics within your home may affect the radio’s ability to get a good signal. Customers found when they moved their radio away from their refrigerators and closed their laptops that they were able to improve the radio’s reception.
- While all of Retekess’s radios are budget-friendly, you’ll pay the least amount for the Retekess V111 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio and the Retekess V117 Analog AM FM Transistor Radio. For a few dollars more, you can choose between the Retekess V115 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio and the Retekess TR102 AM FM Shortwave Radio & MP3 Player.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide