Rain Design mStand360 Swivel Base Laptop Stand
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laptop Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laptop Stand you should buy.
Editor's Note May 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Laptop Stand for a detailed review of all the top laptop stands.
Although this stand works with laptops of all types that are less than 10.4 inches thick, it's perfect for MacBooks. The silver color is designed to match most MacBooks. A 2-inch diameter hole in the back holds all your cables in one place to keep things neat and tidy.
In our analysis of 139 expert reviews, the Rain Design Rain Design mStand360 Laptop Stand placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The mStand360, a laptop stand with swivel base, for professionals who require an elegant way to share the screen while enjoying stability. The mStand360's body is a single solid piece of aluminum with high quality sand-blasted and silver-anodized finish that matches Apple notebooks. Its aluminum rotating base has a super slim profile of only 0.1" inch (0.2mm) to maintain the same sleek lines as the original mStand. The mStand360 raises the notebook screen to eye level for better posture and view.The stand is also ideal for use with an external display, raising the laptop screen to the same height for more comfortable viewing while also clearing up desk space. The tilt design brings the screen closer and improves airflow around the laptop. The single piece aluminum design provides solid stability and the aluminum panel cools laptop by serving as a heat sink. The mStand360 is compatible with all Apple notebooks and most PC notebooks with depths less than 10.4 inches. Paired with an external keyboard and mouse, the mStand360 transforms a laptop into a stylish workstation for users to work comfortably at every day.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laptop Stands
Over time, any repetitive activity risks straining your body. Standing all day can take a toll on your joints and muscles just as sitting can. But there are things you can do to reduce your risks, including wearing supportive shoes and alternating sitting and standing throughout the day.
But if you’re seated at a computer, typing or clicking around with your mouse all day, you may not have the option of alternating your activities. Sitting at a computer for hours at a time can cause back and neck strain. If you’re on a computer, typing and using your mouse can cause repetitive stress injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome.
In fact, ergonomic disorders have become a real problem in workplaces across the U.S. They account for 56 to 63 percent of illnesses reported to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). For a business, that means potential loss of income due to employees being out of work for surgery or simply not being as productive due to pain.
Often, it’s not the activity itself but the position of your body that makes a difference. In addition to alternating positions throughout the day, you can also set up your work area to be more ergonomic. Your monitor should be positioned at eye level, at least 18 inches from your eyes. Your back should be straight, shoulders up, and your knees should be parallel to your feet, which should be flat on the floor.
While all this is easily achievable using a desktop computer and monitor, laptop users face a challenge when it comes to ergonomics. Getting the screen at the level you need it while still being able to reach the keyboard comfortably is physically impossible. An ergonomic laptop stand resolves that, letting you attach a keyboard and mouse for use at your desk, while still giving you the freedom to take your device with you when you leave your office.
The Laptop Stand Buying Guide
- Although many laptop stands are built to work with multiple laptop types, you will notice most of them are limited in capacity. If you have a smaller laptop, you may want to go with one that’s built for that size to avoid taking up more space on your desk than necessary.
- Ventilation is essential to a laptop. If you block the airflow, your laptop could overheat, which will lead to performance issues. Over time, this can wear on your laptop’s internal parts, shortening its lifespan. Your laptop stand should have at least one opening that allows air to flow freely from your laptop’s vents.
- A laptop stand can move around, making it tough to achieve a comfortable position. Rubber feet will hold it in place if you accidentally bump it throughout the day.
- Many laptop stands are silver to match the color of some of the most popular laptops. Some come with black legs and a silver base or a full black build. Consider how it will look on your desk before you buy.
- You’ll need to purchase an external keyboard and mouse to use with your laptop if you haven’t already. You can find ergonomic peripherals that will enhance your safety.
- If you plan to take your laptop stand with you, make sure it disassembles and reassembles easily so that you can tuck it into a bag.
- It’s also important to pay attention to setup. Many laptop stands can be set up without using tools. However, unless you want to put your laptop stand together, it may be worth looking into how much work you’ll have to do before you can use it.
- Laptops require cords. Look for a laptop stand that provides at least one opening to squeeze items like power cords and USB cable in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide