Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 18×79-Inch
Last updated date: July 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Privacy Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Privacy Window Film you should buy.
This frosted window glass film offers excellent privacy protection with easy application. It has received the highest privacy level rating, blocking unwanted views while allowing natural light to enter. It is easy to apply and extremely economical, especially when compared to other window coverings. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Rabbitgoo Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 18x79-Inch placed 13th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Privacy Window Film for a detailed review of all the top privacy window films.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
White frosted window film Rabbitgoo Matte White Privacy Window Film—Simple Design, But Nice Privacy. ▲What can this window film do for you? The Private Room, The Pleasant Light: With a top-private protection level, the frosted window cling can block out curious views from outside and no one can see through, but still allows softened natural light in. Be Freed of UV Exposure, Be Rid of Glare Discomfort: This privacy window sticker blocks out 96% UV rays and softens strong sunlight to protect your furniture from fading and prolong its service life. Away from Glue, Closer to Health: Instead of traditional glues and adhesives, the window film is basically applied by static cling. Only with some water, you can enjoy the fun of the easy installation. Easy To Remove, Qualified For Reusing: This glass sticker is easily removable without any glue residues and also reusable for many times. Package Included: 1 x Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film Roll (17.5" x 78.7", 44.5 x 200 cm) The window film works only on FLAT, CLEAN, and SMOOTH surfaces. It will not stick well on plastic, broken or uneven surfaces. privacy window film white forested window film 4 white frosted window film Great Privacy, Comfortable Light With the top privacy protection, this glass sticker can provide you with lots of privacy as well as softened sunlight during day time. A perfect alternative to heavy troublesome curtains and blinds! Enjoy Your Playing Time Freely Just Enjoy the comfortable sunshine! The window privacy covering reflects 96% UV rays back and soften the strong sunlight to prevent glare control. Suitable for Many Occasions The privacy window cling can be used in your bathroom, living room, kitchen, office etc. Stick it to your sliding doors, kitchen cabinets, mirrors, and much more! step1 User Instructions: Clean the Surface and Get the Needed Film 1. Clean the window thoroughly. Make sure it is smooth and clean without any dust 2. Measure the window and trim the film to the required size. Leave an extra 1-2cm margin on each side for an easy adjustment. Please trim it carefully with your sharp knife cutter for it would tear if you use too much force. step1 step2 step3 step4 white frosted window film
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Privacy Window Films
Sure, privacy window film can keep nosy neighbors from peering in through otherwise uncovered windows.
But Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of award-winning home improvement and DIY show called “On The Fly…DIY” says window film can do that and more.
“While it provides the obvious — blocking outside, wandering eyes from seeing every detail inside your home — privacy window film delivers more advantages than you might think,” she says. “It can stop harmful UV rays from damaging your furniture, flooring and décor. It can save on cooling costs in the summer by reflecting both sunlight and solar heat.”
She says that window film can have health benefits as well as aesthetic advantages.
“For households with allergies and asthma, films can serve as a welcome alternative to dust-attracting curtains and blinds (imagine never having to wash curtains or wipe off blinds again!),” she says. “If you love a more minimalistic look or you can’t bear the thought of impeding the view of your gorgeous window frames, you can still block out the rest of the world while allowing in natural light and keeping those frames free from obstruction.”
Privacy film can be invaluable to renters who want to enjoy the advantages without worrying about damaging or altering the windows in a rental home. Most window film is not only easy to install but also simple to remove, so renters can beautify and protect any glass surface with no worry of backlash from their landlords.
It is important to note that there are several different types of window film, and not all of them provide every possible benefit. Determining what features are most important to you and how you plan to use it will help you find the best privacy film for your home.
“For those ‘privacy only’ concerns, opt for an opaque, a decorative pattern, or a mirrored film,” says Liston. “Opaques and decorative patterns will stop the gaze of your nosy neighbors but they will also stop your gaze as well. A mirrored film is highly reflective and allows you to take in the view outside but your privacy level may wane as the sun goes down. Some types become semi-see through at night so read the label carefully on mirrored and reflective versions before you make a decision.”
Window film is quite affordable, as well. This is especially true when you compare the cost of privacy film to other types of custom window coverings, such as blinds, curtains or frosted glass.
DWYM Fun Fact
Privacy window film can save you money. Heat and UV-blocking window film reduces heat gain, which could result in noticeably lower utility bills.
Most types of skin cancer are caused by exposure to the UV rays in sunlight. UV-blocking window film can nearly eliminate exposure to these potentially harmful rays inside your home. Not only will this help protect your family’s skin, but it could also prevent the sun from damaging furniture, carpeting, and other belongings in your home that might otherwise crack or fade.
Installing window film could improve the integrity of the glass. This adds a protective barrier from slivers and shards that could occur as the result of a fractured or shattered window. In addition, heavy-duty security film could even prevent a burglar from entering your home through a broken window.
The Privacy Window Film Buying Guide
- The location of your home should factor greatly into the type of window film you purchase. The direction that your windows face is an important consideration, as well. For instance, if you live on a forested lot in Pennsylvania with lots of north-facing windows, you might want the film to let in in as much natural light as possible. However, if your home is in the Arizona desert or your west-facing windows take a beating every afternoon, you may hope to keep as much sunshine and heat out of your house.
- Adhesive privacy window films that activate with water offer long-lasting results. Choose these over films that require applied adhesive or static cling films with no adhesive. The former is messy and difficult to apply, while the latter simply won’t stand up to temperature changes or the passing of time.
- Prepare the window or glass surface by cleaning them thoroughly. Ammonia-or vinegar-based cleaners could damage the film, so opt for a mild soap in water instead, such as baby shampoo. Be sure to rinse the glass well with clean water before applying the film.
- Applying privacy film when the temperature outside has been at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit for several days will ensure that the bond has time to cure, providing the best adhesion results.
- Always apply privacy film to interior surfaces or the inside of windows. Privacy window films are not intended for exterior use and will not endure the elements effectively.
- No need to spend additional money on fancy, specialized tools or applicators for privacy film. A standard, clean spray bottle, and a credit card or other small, rigid piece of plastic work just as well as a squeegee, scraper, or other items that you might purchase but only use for a single application.
- A razor blade will make trimming the edges much easier, as well.
- Measure the window before cutting or applying the film. Start by measuring the inside of the frame from left to right and again from top to bottom. Add about two inches to each measurement to give yourself some wiggle room when installing the film and to allow for any potential errors.