Quictent Rectangular HDPE UV-Blocking Shade Sail
Last updated date: May 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shade Sails and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shade Sail you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Shade Sails for a detailed review of all the top shade sails.
This shade sail is made from high-quality materials and can hold up against wind and rain. It offers 98 percent UV protection. The sail brings the temperature down considerably in the shade.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Quictent Rectangular HDPE UV-Blocking Shade Sail placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Hardware Kit: One set of high quality 316 marine grade stainless steel hardware kit is included, save your time to buy them at the hardware store. 20℉ Cooler Under Shade Sail: Breathable fabric let the air and water to go through. Create a shadow at least 20 degrees cooler than the temperature under the sun. Prevent pooling water in rainy day. 98% UV Protection and Sunlight Blocked: Heavy Duty 185GSM polyethylene shade cloth does a great job of blocking the sunlight and UV rays (up to 98%). Protect your skin from direct sunlight but you can still enjoy light. Double Layered Edges: Heavy duty double layered reinforced stitched edges protects the sail from tearing and distortion. Extended the life of sun shade cloth.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shade Sails
If you love enjoying the warm weather outside on your deck or patio but hate when it gets unbearably hot because of the sun, getting a shade sail may be a good idea. This solution is often more affordable than patio umbrellas and pergolas and can offer the same type of shade to make you feel more comfortable while you’re outside. Designed in a similar way to the type of sails used on a ship, the shade sail flexible membranes are tied to multiple anchor points. Shade sails can be installed as a permanent fixture or moved depending on your needs.
Shade sails offer a number of benefits. The most obvious one is shade from the scorching sun, making it feel cooler and more enjoyable for you and your guests. In addition to that, shade sails can offer UV protection, which protects your skin from damage. This is especially handy if you plan to sit outside for long periods of time. Another great benefit of shade sails is that they are more versatile than other types of sun covers. They are easier to install on most buildings or structures. Plus, they are available in many shapes and sizes, so you can configure something to cover your space or parts of your space exactly as you want.
Shade sails also offer privacy from neighbors, as well as protection from rain and wind. They are highly durable and can last for years in all weather conditions. Plus, there are many choices in terms of colors and patterns, so you can choose a shade sail that reflects your style and matches with the patio décor.
The Shade Sail Buying Guide
- It’s important to do some pre-planning before you get a shade sail. Keep in mind that the sun will not be in the same place all day, so you have to consider coverage based on where the sun will be at different times of the day. For example, you will require different sun coverage in the morning versus the afternoon. Consider when you most often plan to sit outside, where the sun will be in at that time and what areas you will need coverage in.
- Depending on your backyard space, you may already have building structures from which you can anchor the sail, such as the side of your house and the shed, for example. In other cases, you may not have any space for anchoring, and may need to build a small structure to hold the sail. Factor this into your costs and planning.
- What type of shade cloth is best for you? You should consider criteria such as water resistance, durability and strength. If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, then you will definitely want to get a cloth that is water resistant. Another important criteria is the level of UV protection the sail provides. If you plan on using the shade sail in the middle of the day when the UV index is at its highest, it’s best to look for a shade sail that offers high UV protection.
- If you have an oddly shaped area, keep in mind that you can use multiple shade sails in different shapes to get the coverage you need. For example, you can use a triangle sail in one place and a rectangular one in another in order to get shade all over the area.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide