PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace Insert
Last updated date: October 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Fireplaces and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Fireplace you should buy.
Update as June 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Electric Fireplaces for a detailed review of all the top electric fireplaces.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace Insert placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Overall dimensions: Width: 35.04″ x Height: 26.99″ x Depth: 8.78″. For more dimension details, please refer to “User Manual” in “Technical Specification” section. 3 flame settings with variable intensity and brightness can be used with or without heat all year long; 100% energy saving LED technology. A sleek look with three-sided interior brick wall and clean glass front trim design, without the hassle of cleaning dust or ashes. Life-like resin log which is 11 13/16″ high sitting on the grate above ember bed, that’s just what a wood burning fireplace looks like. Adjustable thermostat; A supplemental heat for up to 400 sq. ft. CANNOT be used as a main heat source; Remote control provided for easy operation. Easy to install and uninstall. With flat bottom, the insert can just sit on the floor directly; Plug in and use under a voltage of 120, CANNOT be hard wired. One year warranty but customer service is always ready for help whenever you need.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Fireplaces
A crackling fire can add cozy warmth to even the chilliest of winter nights. If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace, you can toss some logs in and snuggle up for hours.
However, with great fireplace comes great responsibility. You’ve got to maintain your chimney and the flue, clean up burnt logs and keep pets and kids at a safe distance. Electric fireplaces are a modern option that requires tiring upkeep and cleaning out of the equation.
There are two ways to add an electric fireplace to your home. You can buy and assemble an electric fireplace, like Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove, and put it anywhere in your home. If you already have a fireplace but you’re tired of the maintenance, you can buy an electric fireplace insert.
Full electric fireplaces are shipped directly to your home. The parts usually come in two boxes: one to hold the fireplace and mantel and another to hold the electrical components. You can easily put it together on your own, then place it in any room that needs a little extra warmth.
Electric fireplaces create heat through metal coils. They heat up when the fireplace is plugged in and turned on, then a blower fan pushes the heat into the room. The fireplace is cool to the touch, so it’s safe for curious pets and rambunctious kids. It also doesn’t waste or lose any heat, since the fan pushes all of the warmth out into the room.
The electric fireplace’s realistic-looking flames are created by refracting the light from a normal light bulb. This creates a three-dimensional pattern for realistic-looking flames. You can also customize the look of your fireplace with imitation logs or pebbles.
Electric fireplaces come in a variety of styles. Some of them, like the Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove, come as a single complete unit that you can move around to any room in your home. Others have an old-school style with a mantle that you can use to display photos and knick-knacks.
Electric fireplace inserts are a great way to turn your current fireplace into a cleaner, more energy-efficient operation. The inserts use the same technology as standard electric fireplaces, but they fit neatly into your home’s current fireplace. You can close up your flue, pop in the insert and enjoy remote-controlled “fires” after an easy installation.
A wall-mounted electric fireplace is ideal for anyone who’s after a more modern look. There are even electric fireplaces that are designed to be installed inside your wall for a recessed look.
Whether you’re craving a classic look or searching for a futuristic electric fireplace, you’ll have to think about a few things before you commit to your fireplace. Our Tips & Advice can help you choose the electric fireplace of your dreams.
The Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- Once you’ve decided that you want an electric fireplace in your home, you’ll need to figure out which room it belongs in. Electric fireplaces offer you a lot of freedom in terms of where you can put them. They stay cool to the touch when they heat up, and the way they produce heat is relatively safe, so you don’t have to worry too much about kids or pets. However, you will want to check the maximum voltage on your wall outlets before you buy a fireplace and plug it in. If your fireplace exceeds the outlet’s maximum voltage, you could wind up with a busted fireplace and a hefty bill from the electrician.
- If you plan on moving your fireplace from room to room, check out the fireplace’s weight before you buy it. The Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove is more lightweight 28 pounds, while other models can be a hefty 107 pounds.
- Double-check on how far away from your wall outlets are from where you intend to plug in your fireplace. Some models have a generous six-foot cord, while wall-mounted designs need to be right next to an outlet.
- If you already have a fireplace, you can save yourself a lot of time and energy by installing an electric fireplace insert. You won’t have to worry about ashes, extensive chimney maintenance or cleanup anymore.
- Electric fireplaces also double as space heaters for small areas. All of our top picks provide supplemental heat for up to 400 square feet.
- How precise do you need your temperature range to be? Some models have a range of 62 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit at 4-degree intervals, while others only come with high and low heat options.
- If you plan on dozing off to the crackling of your electric fireplace, you’ll want one with an auto-shutoff safety timer. All four of our top picks feature these timers.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide