Publications International Brain Games #1 Brainteasers For High Schoolers
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Brainteasers For High Schoolers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Brainteaser For High Schoolers you should buy.
Spending just a few minutes per day on these brainteasers for high schoolers is a great way to boost one's memory. The book includes puzzles that are divided up into five difficulty levels. Students will feel a sense of accomplishment once they master one set of puzzles and move on to the next.
In our analysis, the Publications International Brain Games #1 placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This is the first book in the popular Brain Games Lower Your Brain Age in Minutes a Day series, which was developed to help people increase their memory, sharpen their reasoning, and expand their creative thinking. Working the puzzles in this book can provide a vigorous mental workout for virtually everyone from teenagers to senior citizens. The book is divided into five sections of puzzles, each progressively more difficult. Self-assessment questionnaires help you gauge your progress. Solutions to all the puzzles are provided in the final section of the book. Like physical exercise, mental exercise needs to be varied for optimal results, and Brain Games #1 challenges you with puzzles of every type: * Anagrams * Crosswords * Cryptograms * Drawing Exercises * Language Puzzles * Logic Puzzles * Math Puzzles * Mazes * Memory * Observation and Perspective Puzzles * Sequencing * Visual Logic Puzzles * Word Searches *
Brainteaser For High Schoolers Rankings
It’s easy for teens to spend their free time glued to a screen; however, parents can encourage their high schoolers to incorporate some time each day toward boosting their brain power with a book of brain teasers. These puzzles are not only fun, but also challenging. Many of the riddles require teens to use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to come up with the correct solution. When shopping for brain teasers for high schoolers, you’ll want to keep the following in mind.
Consider opting for a brainteaser book that has different levels of difficulty, like Marcel Danesi’s The 125 Best Brainteasers Of All Time. This book allows teens to start off with the easier riddles, which will help them gain confidence before working their way up to the more difficult puzzles. It’s also a good choice if you have children of varying ages at home, as they can each complete the sections that match their learning levels. Another benefit to opting for this book of brainteasers is that it comes with hints, in the event that your teen gets stuck.
Check the number of brainteasers included in the book to determine how long the book will last. For example, some books come with 333 brain teasers, which is more than most books on the market. If you spend a lot of time waiting in doctor’s offices or you have a long commute back and forth to school, a book with this many brainteasers is a great choice, as it will provide hours of entertainment.
Determine whether you’d like a book of brain teasers for high schoolers that also includes a variety of other puzzles. Joe Rhatigan’s The Ultimate Brain Bender Activity Book offers a host of challenges. There are math problems, puzzles, codes that need deciphering and even drawing challenges. For example, one-page tasks teens with fitting 100 cats on a couch.
Look for a brain teasers for high schoolers activity book that goes above and beyond to deliver value to its users. For example, some books are designed with a book-wide scavenger hunt. They even have a certificate of achievement at the back of the book for any teen that successfully completes the scavenger hunt.
- If you get stuck and can’t figure out one of the brainteasers in your book, set the book aside and come back to it later. Sometimes simply stepping away and coming back with a pair of fresh eyes is all it takes to come up with the solution.
- Brainteasers don’t have to be worked on alone. Consider planning a family fun night that starts off with a few brainteasers, moves on to a board game and ends with a movie and a big bucket of extra-butter popcorn.
- A notebook and pencil are must-haves when working out the more challenging brainteasers. This is especially true for the puzzles that require mathematics.
- It helps to repeat the brainteaser out loud to make sure you aren’t missing any of the information. You’ll also want to pay attention to the specific verbiage, as sometimes the answer is dependent upon a certain word used in the riddle.
- The cost for a book of brain teasers for high schoolers is dependent upon the number of brainteasers the book includes, as well as the difficulty level. You’ll find Joe Rhatigan’s The Ultimate Brain Bender Activity Book has the lowest price tag. You’ll pay a bit more for Marcel Danesi’s The 125 Best Brainteasers Of All Time.