Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers 3 Compartment
Last updated date: November 20, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Bento Lunchboxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Lunchbox you should buy.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Prep Naturals Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 26, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bento Lunchbox for a detailed review of all the top bento lunchboxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Frustrated with low-quality, leaky food storage containers that chip easily and warp in the dishwasher? SmartestLock Technology for Leak-Free Storage The Prep Naturals Glass Food Storage Container Set eliminates leakage with SmartestLock technology, an airtight, leak-proof seal that locks in your food. Our food storage containers with lids are made with top-notch dishwasher, microwave, oven, and freezer-safe glass, for long-lasting containers that won’t warp or break with regular use. Handy cutlery compartment with bonus reusable cutlery set in each lid allows you to eat anywhere on the go. Meal Prep & Portion Control Made Easy Save yourself the time and stress of cooking a different dinner every night. Simply prepare your favorite meals once, store the leftovers in our glass bento box style containers, and pop them in the oven or microwave to enjoy a home-cooked meal anytime, anywhere – at work, home, school, or the gym. Nothing is better than having a meal ready to go when you’re starving after a workout! Designed to Fit Your Busy Life Our container set is great for an active lifestyle – simply prep your meals at home, and then eat on the go. And because our containers are made with microwave, oven, and dishwasher-safe glass, re-heating and washing are quick and hassle-free. Want to store your food longer? Our glass containers are freezer-safe, so you can keep your meals fresh for as long as you like. Product Information DIMENSIONS (full set): 9.84 x 7.87 x 10.63 inches VOLUME: 34 oz. total WEIGHT: 2 .23 lbs/piece, 6.68 lbs/set INCLUDED: - 3 containers - 3 lids - 3 sets of plastic cultery (fork and knife) containers containers container container container Glass Containers 2 Compartments Glass Containers 1 Compartment Glass Containers 3 Compartments Glass Containers 3 Compartments Glass Containers 3 Compartments + Cutlery Compartments 2 1 3 3 3 Quantity 5 pack 5 pack 4 pack 5 pack 3 pack Capacity 29 Oz 30 Oz 34 Oz 34 Oz 34 Oz BPA Free ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwasher Safe ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Microwave Safe* ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Freezer Safe ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Reusable ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Amazon's Choice ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bento Lunchboxes
Did you know you can actually save around $2,400 a year by packing your lunch verses buying one near your office? Lunchboxes are not only an excellent choice when it comes to saving money year-round, but they’re also ideal if you want to consume healthier foods when all you have nearby are fast food joints.
While shopping for the best Bento lunchbox, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to construct the lunchbox. Some are made of plastic, while others are created from an 18/8 food-grade FDA-approved stainless steel. Stainless steel is a good choice, as it won’t rust or stain. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly lunchbox, go with the Itopor Bento Lunch Box, which is actually made from wheat fiber. No matter which material you select, double-check that it’s listed as BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins leaking into your food.
Determine how many compartments the lunchbox has and whether the lid has a tight enough seal to keep the ingredients separate. Most Bento lunchboxes have three compartments, like the Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox that is designed with proper portion control in mind. This model also individually isolates its compartments, so there’s no seepage from one compartment to the other. Other models don’t offer this, which means you’ll only be able to use them with dry foods.
Consider the size of the Bento lunchbox. In addition to the more traditional size that fits a sandwich and two sides, there are also slim models and models that are made for snacking. The LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container, for example, is small in size and a better choice for packing nuts, cheese cubes and grapes for a child’s sporting event.
Look for any extras that put one model above another. You may find one company offers a complimentary recipe book, while another provides a choice of stylish lids. The MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag includes a host of extras, such as a plastic utensil kit, a thermos for drinks and soups and a lunch bag to carry everything in.
DWYM Fun Fact
Lunchboxes first came about in the 1800s when certain workers didn’t have enough time to go home for their midday meal. These workers started off using old tobacco tins to hold their food. Before long, metal pails with handles were the lunchboxes of choice.
During the 1900s, children got in on the action with metal character lunchboxes that they could take to school. These lunchboxes featured the likes of Mickey Mouse and The Lone Ranger. As plastics became more widely used, the old metal lunchboxes were tossed aside for the more cost-effective plastic versions. Today’s generation has a choice of lunchboxes made from a variety of different materials.
The Bento Lunchbox Buying Guide
- Look for a money back guarantee, as several companies offer this with the sale of their bento lunchboxes.
- Check the product care label before washing your bento lunchboxes. While some are dishwasher safe, others are not. Depending on the type of plastic used, the lunchbox may be safe for the top shelf of the dishwasher. Of course, it is always safe to wash the lunchboxes by hand with warm water and a little dish soap.
- Lunchboxes that begin to smell can be deodorized using either white distilled vinegar or baking soda. Both of these affordable grocery items are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- If you pack a lunch for your child or spouse, consider adding a fun note each day. The note can contain a sweet sentiment, joke, riddle, photo or trivia question.
- Your bento lunchbox doesn’t have to be used strictly for food. You can also use it to store screws in your workshop or hair accessories in your child’s bathroom. The separate compartments within the box make it a perfect tool for organizing certain spaces within the home.
- There are several factors that affect the price of bento lunchboxes. These include the materials used to make the lunchboxes, as well as any extra features and products. The Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox is just slightly higher in price than the Itopor Bento Lunch Box because even though both models are basic, the Modetro has an added lunch bag. You’ll find the LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container is higher in price then the Modetro and Itopor models, thanks to its stainless steel construction. At the top of the line is the MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag because of its added thermos and lunch bag.