Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers 3 Compartment
Last updated date: November 20, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bento Lunchboxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Lunchbox you should buy.
Update as October 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bento Lunchbox for a detailed review of all the top bento lunchboxes.
In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Frustrated with low-quality, leaky food storage containers that chip easily and warp in the dishwasher? SmartestLock Technology for Leak-Free Storage The Prep Naturals Glass Food Storage Container Set eliminates leakage with SmartestLock technology, an airtight, leak-proof seal that locks in your food. Our food storage containers with lids are made with top-notch dishwasher, microwave, oven, and freezer-safe glass, for long-lasting containers that won’t warp or break with regular use. Handy cutlery compartment with bonus reusable cutlery set in each lid allows you to eat anywhere on the go. Meal Prep & Portion Control Made Easy Save yourself the time and stress of cooking a different dinner every night. Simply prepare your favorite meals once, store the leftovers in our glass bento box style containers, and pop them in the oven or microwave to enjoy a home-cooked meal anytime, anywhere – at work, home, school, or the gym. Nothing is better than having a meal ready to go when you’re starving after a workout! Designed to Fit Your Busy Life Our container set is great for an active lifestyle – simply prep your meals at home, and then eat on the go. And because our containers are made with microwave, oven, and dishwasher-safe glass, re-heating and washing are quick and hassle-free. Want to store your food longer? Our glass containers are freezer-safe, so you can keep your meals fresh for as long as you like. Product Information DIMENSIONS (full set): 9.84 x 7.87 x 10.63 inches VOLUME: 34 oz. total WEIGHT: 2 .23 lbs/piece, 6.68 lbs/set INCLUDED: - 3 containers - 3 lids - 3 sets of plastic cultery (fork and knife) containers containers container container container Glass Containers 2 Compartments Glass Containers 1 Compartment Glass Containers 3 Compartments Glass Containers 3 Compartments Glass Containers 3 Compartments + Cutlery Compartments 2 1 3 3 3 Quantity 5 pack 5 pack 4 pack 5 pack 3 pack Capacity 29 Oz 30 Oz 34 Oz 34 Oz 34 Oz BPA Free ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwasher Safe ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Microwave Safe* ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Freezer Safe ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Reusable ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Amazon's Choice ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bento Lunchboxes
Did you know you can actually save around $2,400 a year by packing your lunch versus buying one near your office? Lunchboxes are not only an excellent choice when it comes to saving money year-round, but they’re also ideal if you want to consume healthier foods when all you have nearby are fast food joints.
While shopping for the best Bento lunchbox, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to construct the lunchbox. Some are made of plastic, while others are created from an 18/8 food-grade FDA-approved stainless steel. Stainless steel is a good choice, as it won’t rust or stain. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly lunchbox, go with the Itopor Bento Lunch Box, which is actually made from wheat fiber. No matter which material you select, double-check that it’s listed as BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins leaking into your food.
Determine how many compartments the lunchbox has and whether the lid has a tight enough seal to keep the ingredients separate. Most Bento lunchboxes have three compartments that are designed with proper portion control in mind. They also individually isolate the compartments, so there’s no seepage from one compartment to the other. Other models that don’t offer this can only be used with dry foods.
Consider the size of the Bento lunchbox. In addition to the more traditional size that fits a sandwich and two sides, there are also slim models and models that are made for snacking. The Bentgo Kids Brights Leak-Proof Bento Kids Lunch Box, for example, is small in size and a better choice for packing lunch for children or nuts, cheese cubes and grapes for adults.
Look for any extras that put one model above another. You may find one company offers a complimentary recipe book, while another provides a choice of stylish lids. The BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle includes a host of extras, such as a set of chopsticks and a set of fun notes. Others have a thermos for drinks and soups and a lunch bag to carry everything in.
The Bento Lunchbox Buying Guide
- Check the product care label before washing your bento lunchboxes. While some are dishwasher safe, others are not. Depending on the type of plastic used, the lunchbox may be safe for the top shelf of the dishwasher. Of course, it is always safe to wash the lunchboxes by hand with warm water and a little dish soap.
- Lunchboxes that begin to smell can be deodorized using either white distilled vinegar or baking soda. Both of these affordable grocery items are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- If you pack a lunch for your child or spouse, consider adding a fun note each day. The note can contain a sweet sentiment, joke, riddle, photo or trivia question.
- Your bento lunchbox doesn’t have to be used strictly for food. You can also use it to store screws in your workshop or hair accessories in your child’s bathroom. The separate compartments within the box make it a perfect tool for organizing certain spaces within the home.
- There are several factors that affect the price of bento lunchboxes. These include the materials used to make the lunchboxes, as well as any extra features and products. The BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle is just slightly higher in price than the Itopor Bento Lunch Box because even though both models are basic, the BentoHeaven has added accessories. You’ll find the Bentgo Kids Brights Leak-Proof Bento Kids Lunch Box is higher in price than the Ozazuco 3-In-1 Eco-Friendly Bento Lunch Box, thanks to its solid construction.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide