Polk Audio Command Built-In Multi-Room Music Soundbar
Last updated date: July 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Soundbars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Soundbar you should buy.
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Polk Audio Polk Audio Command Built-In Multi-Room Music Soundbar placed 14th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Soundbar for a detailed review of all the top soundbars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Polk Command Bar – The home theater sound bar system with Alexa built-in. • Integrated far-field microphones and Alexa voice services • Automatically updates itself as new features are made available • Use your voice to control the sound bar • Control your smart home devices and stream music — “Just Ask” • Patented Voice Adjust technology for crystal clear dialogue • Wireless subwoofer for deep bass • 4K HDMI ports • Fully compatible with Fire TV (sold separately) • Includes HDMI and Optical cables for quick and easy setup
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Soundbars
Now that you can order a film at the press of a button, movie night has moved from the cineplex to living rooms. For that reason, it’s likely no surprise that consumers report they’d rather watch a movie at home than leave the house. But getting the same experience at home as you do in a theater can be challenging.
Even if you take advantage of the low prices on high-quality big-screen TVs, duplicating true movie theater surround sound can get expensive. In recent years, soundbars have advanced to the point where they now can simulate surround sound for a fraction of the cost of a speaker set. But one soundbar can differ dramatically from another, so it’s important to do your research before you buy.
Soundbars can range in price, but you’re sure to find one that fits within your budget. When shopping for soundbars, pay close attention to the range of tones you’ll get. Some soundbars can’t handle bass as well as others, even when they’re promising the best sound quality.
Once you get your soundbar home, you’ll generally be on your own to make it work with your existing systems. One of the best things you can do is take note of the equipment you already have and make sure the soundbar you choose is compatible. Many of today’s speakers use Bluetooth connectivity to allow you to eliminate unsightly wires. So if you have an older TV or receiver, you may find the soundbar you’ve bought won’t connect.
Finally, stop to think about where you’ll set up your new soundbar, as well as any speakers you plan to add on to it. There are soundbars you can mount on the wall, while there are many others that can set on your furniture in front of your TV. Whichever option you choose, note the dimensions of your soundbar in advance to ensure you know how much room it will take up.
DWYM Fun Fact
As you set up your home theater, it’s important to consider the size of your room. Soundbars are more than adequate for smaller rooms. But if your home theater is in a large basement or an oversized bonus room, you’re likely going to find that you need additional speakers to truly immerse your audience with sound. This is also true if you’re a movie buff who expects to feel like you’re on the Millennium Falcon, not just watching it on a screen. But many soundbars are designed for add-ons, so you should be able to build your home theater gradually if you aren’t quite ready to jump in fully just yet.
The Soundbar Buying Guide
- If your soundbar doesn’t sound good, there’s no point in even having one. If you’re going for the best sound, consider either the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar & Universal Remote Control or the TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Soundbar. Both have great sound and great ranges. However, the Bose Solo performs better in the deeper ranges, with bass you can feel in your chest.
- For those interested in building a true home theater, adding on extra speakers is the key to success. Some models allow you to easily buy extra speakers to connect to your soundbar.
- Setup can be intimidating if you don’t consider yourself a tech guru. The VIZIO 29-Inch 2.0 Channel Soundbar is among the easiest to use, whether you’re wiring it up or using its Bluetooth-pairing capabilities. Some models can be tricky to set up, especially when it comes to pairing with other equipment.
- One of the biggest concerns when shopping for any speaker is where it will be. Some models are designed to hang on a wall, but they can also rest in front of your TV. Others can be mounted, but they looks great in front of your TV. If you’re limited on space, you may want to avoid any soundbar that comes with a separate subwoofer that you’ll need to place.
- If you’re looking for the smallest soundbar, the TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Soundbar is the shortest, at only 2.4 inches tall.
- One size benefit to smaller models is that they can be easily mounted horizontally or vertically, with the sensor automatically adjusting the sound depending on how you’ve oriented it.
- If you have an Amazon product that uses Alexa, look for a unit that you can connect to your device, so that you can play music on command.
- With some soundbars, you’ll have access to an app that you can then use to control your speakers. However, they may not come with a remote control, which means you’ll need a universal remote if you can’t connect it to an existing smart remote. The TaoTronics soundbar comes with a remote, but it’s a bit bulky. You’ll also need to have two AAA batteries on hand since they aren’t included in the box.
- The TaoTronics soundbar is built to last with durable ABS plastic beneath the soft cloth cover. Be aware that that some models can scratch easily.
- When it comes to price, you’re going to pay much more for some soundbars than other speakers. Be sure to consider whether you’ll also need to pay for separate speakers. In some instances, the price may also include a subwoofer, so keep that in mind.