Playmags Geometric Shapes Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece
Last updated date: October 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Tiles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Tile you should buy.
Update as February 4, 2022:
Checkout Keep Your Kids Occupied For Hours With The Best Magnetic Tiles for a detailed review of all the top magnetic tiles.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Playmags Geometric Shapes Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Fun time: Playmags 100 Piece Value Set! Playmags 100-piece set includes eight different shapes so that kids can now stretch their imagination to the next level. More shapes mean more designs, and more designs means more hours of fun play. Educational Fun: Playmags provides great motor skills. Encourages imaginative and creative play, and enhances math, geometry, and science skills. Creativity and critical thinking: High rise 3D towers are designed by kids who have developed into critical thinkers through creative play. As they build, kids develop tools for spatial problem-solving tasks, logical thinking, and math reasoning. Better Learning: Playing with play mag not only give your child an opportunity for greater fun, along with that some basic fundamentals of different dimensions like physics, geometry, math, spatial reasoning and architecture, are being griped by the them. This is the reason that we claim that Playmags gives your child better opportunities for fun along with productive outcomes. Additional features Made up with superior quality material, attractive colors. Includes different shapes; shape reorganization. 26 x Magnetic Squares (3×3”) – 14 x Magnetic Windows (3×3”) – 4 x Magnetic 4 Sectional Windows (3×3”) – 10 x Magnetic Right-Angled Triangles – 8 x Magnetic Acute Angled Triangles – 12 x Magnetic Equilateral Triangles – 8 x Magnetic Rectangles – 2 x Magnetic Large Squares (6×6”) – 13 x Colorful ABC & Number Clickins – 5 x Colorful Windows Clickins – 1 x Bonus Storage Bag – 1 x Bonus Idea Booklet.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Tiles
Children have no shortage of options these days when it comes to playtime. There are traditional toys like dolls, along with modern games and playthings that come with built-in electronics.
But one thing never changes over the years: Parents are always looking for toys that will help their children use their imagination while also having fun. In recent years, magnetic tiles have become popular for parents of children ages 3 and up.
The concept of magnetic tiles is fairly simple. You get a set of small plastic tiles, each with a magnet attached. The magnets help the pieces stick together so children can organize them in different arrangements. Magnetic tiles can be used to build airplanes, animals, castles or anything else a child can imagine.
If you’ve shopped for magnetic tiles, you might have noticed that they vary in price. Some bear brand names that make them more expensive than others, but if you shop around, you can find quality alternatives for less. It’s important to determine the features that make a magnetic tile set superior before you start shopping to make sure you’re getting all the features you want for the price.
Tiles have plenty of educational benefits outside of simply sparking a child’s imagination. They’re often marked as STEM-friendly due to their relevance to science, technology, engineering and math disciplines that so many schools prize. Magnetic tiles, in particular, help with the engineering part of that, introducing children to the basics. You can also find magnetic tiles with non-magnetic cards to help children learn counting and spelling. For younger children, this can be a great way to supplement what they’ll learn in school.
For many parents, though, safety is the top priority. The type of plastic is important, especially if you’re concerned about toxins. You can find tiles made from non-toxic, BPA-free plastic, but you’ll also want to make sure the magnets are safe and the edges of the pieces are rounded to reduce injury risk.
The Magnetic Tile Buying Guide
- Most magnetic tiles are recommended for ages 3 and up, but look closely at the age recommendation before buying.
- Magnets can vary in their strength. Some are stronger than others, and weaker magnets may limit the structures your little one can build with the tiles.
- Children’s toys are reviewed by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission to ensure they’re safe for children under the age of 12. This certification looks specifically for harmful levels of lead and phthalates. If you’re concerned about this, shop for products that are labeled CPSIA certified.
- If you have a light table handy, setting your child’s projects on top of it can create an interesting effect with some magnetic tiles that makes it seem like the tiles are glowing.
- Magnetic tiles are sold in large quantities. Typically, you’ll get 100 pieces or more in each set. Storing all of that can be challenging. If your tiles don’t come with a storage bag, you might want to look for a bag or container to keep them in.
- Any magnetic tile set will have a variety of shapes. Usually, you’ll get squares, circles, hexagons and other shapes. Some sets come with accessories like educational cards and pieces with attached wheels.
- The durability of magnetic tiles can vary. Look for a sturdier plastic and high-quality ceramic magnets if you want a set that will last through many years of play.
- Some sets come with instruction manuals with suggestions for projects that your children can build. This can kick off the fun and help your child get comfortable with building structures.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide