Play Platoon Coordination Bocce Ball Set
Last updated: March 22, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bocce Ball Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bocce Ball Set you should buy.
If you love a good game of bocce ball, you'll want to go with this set. It's constructed from a premium resin that’s crack and damage resistant, so you can count on it lasting you a long time. The balls are also waterproof, which means an unexpected rain shower doesn't have to ruin your fun.In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the Play Platoon Coordination Bocce Ball Set placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PREMIUM, DURABLE BOCCE BALLS – Play Platoon bocce balls are made with premium resin that’s crack and damage resistant so they’ll stay looking new year after year. INCLUDES FREE CARRY BAG & MEASURING ROPE – This complete bocce set comes with everything you need for a great time: 8 resin 90mm (3.5″) bocce balls (2 red, 2 blue, 2 green, 2 yellow), 1 pallino, measuring rope, and a free carrying case. GREAT FOR GROUPS BOTH LARGE & SMALL – This addictive game of strategy and skill can be played with 2 to 8 players. Provides hours of outdoor entertainment! PERFECT FOR ALL AGES & LOCATIONS – Whether in the yard, at the beach or indoors, bocce ball is fun for families and groups of all ages. Ideal for parties, barbecues, cookouts, tailgates, get togethers, weddings, family reunions and more! LIFETIME WARRANTY – Play Platoon stands behind all of its outdoor yard games 100%. This Bocce Ball Set comes with an automatic 1 year warranty. Register online for a free lifetime warranty.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Bocce Ball Set Rankings
The game of bocce ball is played frequently in Italy and has been steadily gaining popularity in the United States. If you’d like to give the game a try, you’ll want to purchase a bocce ball set that has everything you need to get started.
Review the contents of the set first, so you know you’re buying a set that includes everything you need to successfully play the game. For example, a set that comes with eight bocce balls in four different colors, a pallino ball, a measuring rope and a storage case that also doubles as a carrying bag is an excellent choice. It is important to note that not all bocce ball sets come with a measuring tape. If you have one in your home already, this won’t be an issue.
Check that the bocce balls are made from high-quality materials, otherwise, you’ll find yourself needing to replace them often. Some sets are made with a premium poly-resin compound material that is crack and damage resistant. They’re also less prone to scratching.
Individuals who enjoy spending time outdoors in all types of weather will need a bocce ball set that is weatherproof. For example, a set that provides all-weather reliability means you can enjoy a game in the summer, fall, winter and spring. You can play when the sun is shining and when the rain is coming down. You can play on grass, pavement or sand.
If you plan on arranging tournaments or playing bocce professionally, you’ll need to get a set that uses balls that meet the Bocce Standards Association’s official size of 14.2 inches and official weight of 2 pounds. Beginner sets may not meet these requirements.
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the bocce balls. Some are not suitable for professional play, which is fine if you only intend on using the set in your backyard.
- If you find the included carrying case is not sturdy enough to support the weight of the bocce balls, you can set a similarly sized cardboard box inside the bag to provide additional support. This is a quick solution that keeps you from having to spend more money on a better bag.
- Before returning your bocce balls to their storage bag, you’ll want to wipe them down with a lint-free cloth. Since they are played in the yard, they can get a bit dirty during the game. Every so often, you’ll also want to use a bocce polish on the balls. This specially designed polish is non-abrasive, so it won’t damage the surface of the balls. It’s also great for restoring the shine to your balls, while also providing them with a nice grip.
- Bocce ball must be played on a level surface. You may have to take the time to rake the sand on the beach or flatten certain areas of your backyard before you play.
- You’ll find bocce ball sets come in a wide price range, but you should have no problem finding one that fits your budget. Basic sets that don’t have extra accessories are the most affordable. The Hey! Play! Outdoor Bocce Ball Set comes in at a moderate price point.
- For more lawn games check out our top picks for Outdoor Games for Kids,