Peter’s Goods 2-Tier Rustic Floating Wall Shelves
Last updated date: August 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wall Shelves and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wall Shelf you should buy.
Editor's Note August 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wall Shelves for a detailed review of all the top wall shelves.
This two-tier shelf set is made from environmentally-friendly, lightweight Paulownia wood, with the rustic look that's so popular today. The bottom tier allows enough space for a 10-inch book to stand upright. The quick and easy installation process just requires attaching the shelves to the frame before mounting the frame to the wall.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Peter's Goods Peter's Goods 2-Tier Rustic Floating Wall Shelves placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
As much as you want to showcase and organize everything, you may be limited by the storage space that you have especially if you live in a small apartment. Your place will eventually become cluttered, leaving you feeling cramped. What you need is a way to store your things while making your place more stylish and cozy. And what’s more heart-warming than rustic vibes.Whether it is for your home or office, our 2-tiered floating shelf is definitely a great addition. Not only will it give your place a rustic twist but it will also provide you with more storage room. It complements any décor or room you have. It is also perfect for displaying your souvenirs, books, photographs, trophies, and much more. Our floating shelf features a vibrant and deeper wood color unlike others in the market today. The steel frame of the unit is coated with Matte Black Powder which makes it look as good as new longer while making it more resistant to chipping, scratches, abrasion, corrosion and harsh chemicals. Uses warp-resistant wood. The wood used is covered by an industry certification for being sustainably sourced. Utilizes an environment-friendly torching process. Increased shelf depth, width, height, and thickness. Store towels, detergents, kitchen spices, utensils, food jars, indoor plants, tools and more! Effortless installation and mounting process. Extra hardware provided.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wall Shelves
Wall shelves are a great way to enhance your home’s décor. Instead of setting up an end table or dedicated bookshelf to display your books and other items, you can mount these shelves to the wall. This keeps your floor space free while still serving the purpose.
But before you buy wall shelves, there are a few things to consider. Start by taking a close look at the wood that’s used for the shelves. You’ll want something that complements your existing décor while also being sturdy enough to hold up after years of use.
Wall shelves are also known as floating shelves for a reason. They mount to the wall with brackets rather than being part of a bigger bookcase. But some use decorative brackets or piping to enhance the look. Still others hide the brackets or have the shelves maintain a low profile to emphasize the items you’re displaying on top of them.
The size of the shelves is an essential choice, as well. Measure the area where you’ll be mounting them and make sure to factor in clearance between shelves when you’re determining if your chosen shelving will fit. You’ll need enough clearance between each shelf and the one above it to display items, whether they’re books or decorative items.
The Wall Shelf Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping for wall shelves, plan what you’ll set on top of them. Shelves will have a depth, which is the distance they’ll extend from the wall. If you aren’t careful, you can easily choose one that’s too shallow for the items you want to set on them.
- Books are popular for wall shelves, just as they are for bookshelves. But there are plenty of other uses. If you’re setting them up in the kitchen, for instance, you can use them to store all your cookbooks. For the living room, items like framed photos and knickknacks usually top the list. In a bathroom, they can be either decorative or functional, displaying trinkets, bath soaps, lotions or anything else you can imagine.
- If you’re environmentally conscious, choose shelves sourced responsibly. Eco-friendly wood is certified to have been harvested in a way that ensures additional trees replace what was taken.
- Not all shelving is meant for every room. Moisture-prone areas like bathrooms will need shelving made from wood and hardware that is moisture and heat resistant.
- Before buying, look at what you’ll need to do to install the shelves. If hardware is necessary, make sure it will be included or have it on hand, along with any tools you’ll need.
- If your plans for the shelves are more decorative than functional, you can find plenty of inspiration online. Search for “wall shelf decoration” or “floating shelf decoration” for ideas.
- With floating shelves that use brackets or mounting hardware, look into the material of those items. You’ll want hardware that’s built to hold up over time.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide