OXO 2-Cup Measuring Cup
Last updated date: December 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Measuring Cup you should buy.
Editor's Note December 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Measuring Cup for a detailed review of all the top measuring cups.
Liquid ingredients are trickier to measure, but this measuring cup removes all the guesswork. We like that the patented angled surface lets you read the measurement from above, so you won't have to pour, check, pour, check every few drops.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the OXO OXO 2-Cup Measuring Cup placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
See exact measurements as you fill OXO has revolutionized liquid measuring with its good grips angled measuring Cups. A patented angled surface lets you read measurement markings by looking straight down into the cup and eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust the amount of liquid you are measuring. OXO good grips 2-cup angled measuring cup: patented angled surface lets you read measurements from above standard and metric markings soft, non-slip handle dimensions: measures 7. 3 in. X 4. 6 in. X 4 in. A closer look: The handle is soft and non-slip for a firm grip. The bright measurement markings in convenient cup-, Ounce- and milliliter-denominations accommodate any recipe. Take care: dishwasher safe. About the brand: OXO was born in 1990, the first group of 15 OXO good grips kitchen tools was introduced to the U. S. Market. These ergonomically-designed, trans generational tools set a new standard for the industry and raised the bar of consumer expectation for Comfort and performance. Amazon.com A brilliant innovation, this 2-cup measuring vessel is not round but oval. That means calibrations are printed on the cup's sides, as is conventional, as well as on a patented guide inside the cup that's angled so it can be read from above. The result is that this cup doesn't have to be held up--or bent down to--in order to determine how much liquid it contains. While Oxo guarantees satisfaction with a money-back guarantee, there's no reason to return this product. It's better than any other measuring cup. Moreover, it has a slip-resistant handle for when hands are wet, and it's made of rugged, dishwasher-safe plastic, with calibrations in both standard measurements and metric. --Fred Brack From the Manufacturer OXO has revolutionized liquid measuring with our Good Grips Grips Angled Measuring Cups. A patented angled surface lets you read measurement markings by looking straight down into the Cup and eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust the amount of liquid you are measuring. The handle is soft and non-slip for a firm grip, and cup, ounce and milliliter measurement markings increase convenience. Available in 1-cup, 2-cup and 4-cup versions. Patented angled surface lets you read measurements from above Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust Soft, non-slip handle Standard and metric measurement markings Dishwasher safe About Oxo OXO International is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. From cooking and cleaning to baking, barbecuing and gardening, OXO's easy-to-use products are designed with an emphasis on comfort, quality and value. From our signature Good Grips collection to our Softworks product line, consumers around the world - of all ages and abilities - delight in Oxo's award-winning and revolutionary designs. Oxo Products All OXO products are manufactured using the highest quality materials, measured against the most stringent standards in the business. We've taken every step to ensure that the best possible products are available to consumers in all markets. Ergonomic designs and ground-breaking innovations are based on comprehensive research and extensive interviews. Add that all together and it's simple: OXO products feel great, look great and perform with excellence. Good Grips products feature soft, flexible handles made out of Santoprene®, a processed rubber, to ensure a comfortable grip. Embedded 'fins' on handle sides flex under pressure and conform to individual finger grips. The fins also give users control even when the handle is wet or slippery. Our large handles are proportionately designed to fit easily in the palm. And all OXO products contain over-sized holes for easy hanging.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Measuring Cups
If you’re surfing an urge to cook or bake, ride that wave and get started! But before you turn on the oven or fire up your stovetop, make sure you’ve got some of the most important cooking tools on hand: measuring cups.
Cooking is basically chemistry. You need the right ratios of ingredients to concoct the perfect meal, or else you’ll wind up with flavorless cakes and badly seasoned beef. Measuring cups and spoons guarantee a picture-perfect result.
Measuring cups for dry ingredients usually come in sets of five, with measurements from ¼ cup up to 1 cup. Some measuring cup sets go up to 2 cups, including every increment from 1 cup and above. They’re usually made from plastic or stainless steel. The measurements are printed on, painted on or etched into the cup’s handle.
Measuring cups for wet ingredients look like a pitcher. There may just be one large cup with many marked increments of measurements or a set of cups for different sizes. Liquid measuring cups are usually made from plastic or very thick glass.
Measuring spoons will help you add the perfect level of spice to your dish. They typically come in sets of six, measuring from ⅛ teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. They are also usually made from plastic or stainless steel, with measurements painted or etched onto the handle.
You’ll need measuring cups, liquid measuring cups and measuring spoons to make your favorite meals. Check out our Tips & Advice for more info on buying these kitchen staples.
The Measuring Cup Buying Guide
- Plastic measuring cups and stainless steel measuring cups each come with their own pros and cons. Plastic cups are less expensive, but they might not hold up as well in the dishwasher. Stainless steel cups and spoons will last much longer, but they’re usually a bigger investment up front.
- You can measure liquids with a set of dry ingredient measuring cups, but investing in a liquid measuring cup is well worth it. It’s much easier to view the measurement as you pour, you’re less likely to spill your liquids and many liquid measuring cups are freezer, microwave and oven safe.
- To accurately measure dry ingredients, add them to your measuring cup or spoon and level it off with the back of a knife. If a recipe calls for “tightly packed” ingredients, push as much of the dry ingredient as you can into the measuring cup or spoon, then level it off with the back of a knife.
- To accurately measure liquid ingredients, pour the liquid into the liquid measuring cup and place it on a flat surface. View the cup from the side and look for the liquid’s meniscus. (The meniscus is the slight concave curve in the liquid’s surface.) The bottom of the meniscus should line up with the measuring line. Some liquid measuring cups are designed with a piece of plastic that lets you read the measurement from the top. If you’ve got one of these cups, you can just read the measurement from there.
- Hand wash plastic measuring cups or place them on the top rack of your dishwasher. Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons should be fine in your dishwasher’s cutlery basket.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide