Otterex Polyester Canvas Outdoor Fabric By The Yard
Last updated: August 17, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Fabrics and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Fabric you should buy.
If you're looking for a bright red canvas fabric for your outdoor areas, you can't go wrong with this fabric. The plastic PVC backing has a waterproof canvas in addition to the waterproof features of the canvas material itself. The fabric is 60 inches wide, with the length cut to order.
In our analysis, the Otterex Polyester Canvas Outdoor Fabric By The Yard placed 3rd when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The 11 oz. canvas waterproof fabric is perfect for all types of indoor and outdoor use. This fabric is 600×600 denier 100% polyester and 61/62” wide. The canvas waterproof features a plastic PVC backing with a waterproof coating making it extremely durable and resilient. This canvas fabric can be used for chair pads backpacks cushions toss pillows tote bags heavy duty travel accessories patio furniture boat covers and more. The canvas fabric is extremely versatile in its… 100% Polyester. 60” wide. Fabric is sold by the yard and cut to order. For example, order of 1 yard (Qty=1) is 60” x 36”. Order of 3 yards (Qty=3) is 60” x 108”. Washing Instructions: Wipe With Damp Cloth.
Outdoor Fabric Rankings
Your outdoor areas can easily become your favorite part of the house. Patios, gardens and porches give you a great area for relaxing and enjoying nature. But the sun can spoil some of the fun, exposing you to harmful UV rays and creating an uncomfortable experience.
If you’re lucky enough to have a covered outdoor area, you can at least get some shade. But if you don’t, it’s easier than ever to create your own cover, your own throw pillows or your own cushions, for example.
You can also purchase fabric that helps with your outdoor growing. Some fabric is designed to keep weeds at bay while still letting enough air and moisture through to keep your soil and vegetation healthy. Look for fabric that will do the job while still being thick and durable enough to withstand direct sunlight and extreme weather.
MORE: The Best Garden Tools
- The weave of the fabric is essential. The weave needs to be tight enough to keep UV rays out while also being open enough to let air circulate out. Having heat trapped beneath the sunshade won’t help make the outdoor area more enjoyable.
- The thickness of the fabric also matters. You’ll want a fabric that’s light enough for you to maneuver while also being strong enough to withstand storm activity.
- You should also look for fabric that’s built to be mold and mildew-resistant.
- Reinforced edges can ensure your outdoor fabric holds up over the years.
- How you hang the outdoor fabric is also important. Some are tied with ropes while others use hooks. Plan out where you’ll mount it and how you’ll ensure it stays in place before you choose your outdoor fabric.