Oster Double Tiered Food Steamer, 5-Quart
Last updated date: January 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Food Steamer for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Oster Double Tiered Food Steamer, 5-Quart placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Make healthy, delicious meals quickly and easily with the Oster Double Tiered Food Steamer. This steamer cooks meat, fish, poultry, and vegetables with steam to retain nutrients while eliminating the need for calorie-rich cooking oils, sprays, and butter. Featuring a double-tiered design with two 5-quart bowls, the food steamer lets you simultaneously prepare up to two types of food separately. A 60-minute auto shut-off feature and a power indicator light make operating the steamer easy, while the dishwasher-safe components mean you can clean up in a snap. Ideal for smaller spaces, the food steamer’s bowls nest for compact storage.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to food steamers. In fact, there are so many different styles, you’ll first have to decide the type of steamer you want to use. One of the easiest, most affordable, ways to add a steamer to your kitchen appliance collection is by choosing a steamer basket that fits into your existing pots and pans. You can even find steamer baskets that will slide handily into your pressure cooker.
Another popular option is the steamer set, which features the large outer pot and the steamer insert that fits inside. Like the steamer basket, you’ll use this type of steamer on your stove, so it’s important to make sure you choose an option that will work on the type of stovetop you have. Many are made from stainless steel, so they’ll work with gas or induction stoves and should also be safe for ceramic cooktops.
One last type of steamer is the dedicated appliance. These set up on any surface and include everything you need to steam food. The downside of this type is that you’ll need somewhere to store it when it isn’t in use, but the upside is that it keeps your stovetop free for cooking other items.
The Buying Guide
- Safety is a top consideration when you’re considering any cooking appliance. With a steamer, take an especially close look at the handles. Some steamers promote their handles as safe to touch even without oven mitts, but you may want to test this before trusting it. Some consumers report that the handles get hotter than advertised.
- The design of the steamer contributes to how evenly it can cook the food inside. Many basket-based steamers have a thick aluminum core covered in stainless steel on either side to promote even cooking. Other types of steamers emit steam from the top of the unit down to ensure heat is distributed as evenly as possible.
- As you’re shopping for a steamer, pay attention to the lid, as well. Some steamers include self-basting lids to lock flavor in. Many others have clear lids so you can monitor the progress of the food inside.
- If you’re not a fan of handwashing dishes, look for a steamer that is dishwasher safe.
- Some steamers go beyond steaming food to let you also boil, heat and simmer items. If you plan to use your steamer in the oven, make sure it’s rated for oven use.
- Stainless steel is typically the best bet when it comes to cookware you want to last.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide