Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax
Last updated date: April 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax you should buy.
Achieve a salon quality look with the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax. This hair wax adds shine without leaving your hair feeling greasy. Since it's water based, it also washes out without the need for any soap or shampoo. In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Osensia Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax for a detailed review of all the top firm hold pomade hair waxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
What’s the point in taking time to style your hair if it’s only going to shift around in a few hours? Pomade Firm by Osensia is one concoction without commitment issues – whether you have a hard-to-manage mane or you just like a little luster in your hair. This will be the mens hair gel you grab again and again.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes
While hairspray is inexpensive and easy to use, it can leave hair feeling crusty and sometimes even a bit sticky. An excellent alternative is a firm hold pomade hair wax. This handy styling product successfully tackles flyaways and leaves hair looking smooth and put together. As you browse the available waxes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, determine whether the firm hold pomade hair wax is water-based or oil-based. Water-based waxes are generally preferred, as they can be rinsed clean using water only. There’s no need for soap or shampoo. Oil-based pomades, however, won’t rinse clean with just water. You’ll need a grease-fighting dish soap to get them out.
Second, decide how much of a shine you’re looking for. You can get a pomade hair wax with a matte finish, like the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade, which is a great choice when preparing for work. Of course, if you’re getting ready to go to the club, a wax with a high shine might be your preferred choice.
Third, review the ingredients on the firm hold pomade hair wax’s product label. The Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade is actually made in France using only high-quality natural ingredients. This type of formula benefits individuals who have sensitive scalps, as well as those with dry scalps and hair, as there are no harsh chemicals, like alcohol, that contribute to drying out hair.
Fourth, check the hold. Chances are you’re a busy person and you don’t have time to restyle your hair midday. A product like the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax has a strong hold that lasts throughout the day, and it does so without leaving behind any flakes or greasy residue.
Finally, consider whether you want your firm hold pomade hair wax to have a fragrance. There are fragrance-free versions on the market, as well as units that have light and strong scents. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold is made using a gender-neutral scent that can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may be surprised to learn that the use of hair gels and waxes to style hair began less than a century ago. Chemico Works was the first company to make and manufacture a hair gel, which they did in England in 1929. It grew in popularity and was eventually introduced to the United States.
In the mid 20th century, a new product called pomade was invented specifically to aid in the creation of a classic style, like the side part. It’s purpose is to tame flyaways and smooth out hair, unlike waxes that work to hold big spikes and more dramatic hairstyles in place.
The Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax Buying Guide
- Some firm hold pomades can’t be adjusted once applied, as they harden and become stiff. If you plan on changing your hairstyle after work for a night out on the town, you’ll need to first wash the pomade out to restyle your hair.
- You don’t need to use a large amount of the pomade hair wax to adequately style your hair. Simply place a dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and either comb or rub the pomade through your hair with your fingers. Finish by styling your hair as you normally would.
- Firm hold pomade hair wax can be applied to damp or dry hair. Keep in mind that when using it with dry hair, you’ll get the best hold, especially if the product is water-based. If you do apply the hair wax to damp hair, use a hair dryer afterward to lock in the look.
- If strong smells affect you, you’ll want to review the amount of fragrance in the firm hold pomade hair wax before you purchase it.
- Although price may not be the sole determinant in which firm hold pomade hair wax you go with, it should be a factor in your decision. Before comparing prices, you must first figure out the cost per ounce, which you can get by dividing the total cost by the number of answers in the tub of pomade. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold turns out to be one of the more affordable pomades, while the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax and the Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade.