Odoland Portable LED Camping Lantern
Last updated date: January 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Camping Lanterns and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Lantern you should buy.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Camping Lantern for a detailed review of all the top camping lanterns.
The fan built into the Odoland Portable LED Camping Lantern makes it extra convenient. With 18 low-powered LED lights, you'll get plenty of light for your campsite. You'll need two DD batteries for it to run, and using both the fan and light will drain the batteries within hours.
In our analysis of 120 expert reviews, the Odoland Odoland Portable LED Camping Lantern placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This is a very versatile light/fan for both camping and emergency situations. The light is very bright and will illuminate a camper or a small room in your house. The fan moves the air adequately to keep you cool in the heat when your power is off. Simply hang the Happy Camper Deluxe Camping Combo LED Lantern and Fan from your tent or shelter, or stand it on its base and take pleasure in hours of light and fan. Warnings & Cautions Do not stare in to the head of the light while it is switched on or point to eyes. Do not expose the torch to heavy rain or excessive moisture Do not dispose of the batteries in normal household rubbish. Take exhausted batteries to your local approved battery recycling center for disposal. Do not throw batteries into fires as they may explode and cause serious injury or death. Do not mix different battery types or brands ie Alkaline and re chargeable. Packing Included 1* 18 Led Camping Light with Fan.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Lanterns
Whether you’re sleeping in a tent in the middle of the woods or launching a nighttime kayaking adventure, a good camping lantern can be your most treasured tool. Camping lanterns are made specifically for the unique needs of outdoor adventurers, with many even having a hook to make them easy to hang on tent poles and other surfaces.
But there are several things to consider when you’re in the market for a camping lantern. The first is just how bright you want your lamp to be. Most of today’s lanterns use LED, which are both energy efficient and powerful, with the ability to illuminate a wide space. However, you may want the ability to lower that brightness or switch over to a red light to navigate through your campsite without waking everyone else. Some camping lanterns even come with SOS lights in case you ever find yourself in an emergency situation.
As handy as a bright light can be, though, it won’t help much if it drains your batteries quickly. The energy efficiency of LED lights helps quite a bit, but some lanterns also have a setting that allows you to switch to a lower-powered light, preserving the bright light for only when you really need it. This can conserve battery power, with some lamps lasting for 12 hours or more.
Durability is another important issue. Although it’s important that your lantern last for many years, it’s also good if it can survive drops. Chances are, your lantern will suffer at least an accident or two on your adventures, so finding a rugged lantern is important. Whether you plan to take it on water-bound adventures or not, a waterproof lantern can be invaluable. You never know when you’ll be stuck in a rainstorm or you’ll accidentally drop it in a puddle. Some lanterns are not only waterproof, but they also float to make it easy to recover if you drop it in a body of water.
The Camping Lantern Buying Guide
- LEDs can provide plenty of energy efficiency without sacrificing brightness. The LED light on the Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is especially brilliant, covering a wide space. With the Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern, you get 360-degree light distribution to help cover your campsite.
- The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern also comes with a red light, which provides just enough light for you to see without blinding those around you.
- If you ever find yourself stranded and need help, the SOS light on the Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern will prove very useful.
- Even with energy-efficient LEDs, camping lanterns can drain your batteries, possibly leaving you stranded if you don’t have a way to charge them. The rechargeable batteries on the Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern give you up to 12 hours of light. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern has a low white light mode, which can extend the life of your batteries to up to 295 hours, but the high setting will drain your batteries quickly.
- The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern runs on rechargeable batteries, which can save you money over time. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern runs on three D batteries, while the Odoland Portable LED Camping Lantern takes two D batteries. With the Vont 2 Pack LED Camping Lantern, you’ll need three AA batteries on hand.
- Chances are, you’re taking your lantern on outdoor adventures. That means eventually, it will suffer a mishap or two. The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is made from military-grade materials that keep it intact no matter what you put it through. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern has been extensively tested and can survive falls of up to two meters.
- Water-resistance is also important. The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is waterproof, but the waterproof Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern also floats in water.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide