oaskys Cotton Pillow-Top Cooling Mattress Topper
Last updated date: October 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cooling Mattress Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooling Mattress Topper you should buy.
Update as October 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cooling Mattress Topper for a detailed review of all the top cooling mattress toppers.
This cooling mattress topper uses a square seam design to keep the soft filling in place. It's breathable and comfortable, keeping you cool at night. Plus, you can spot-clean it or put it in the washing machine.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the oaskys Cotton Pillow-Top Cooling Mattress Topper placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This overfilled mattress pad will never disrupt your valuable sleep with its soft, high quality surface material and stuffing, preventing irritation of the skin.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cooling Mattress Toppers
Is there anything worse than waking up in the middle of the night in a puddle of sweat? When the weather gets warmer, having a restful and comfortable night’s sleep can be difficult for some people. It doesn’t help that many mattresses actually trap in heat and feel stiflingly hot in the summer months. If you’re a warm sleeper, it’s time to look into a cooling mattress topper.
The job of a mattress topper is to make your bed more comfortable. If your regular mattress isn’t feeling soft enough or if you want a different kind of support, then a mattress pad is a good investment. For those who want to feel cool all night, a cooling mattress topper is designed to regulate body temperature so that you don’t overheat while you sleep.
There are two main types of cooling mattress toppers: active and passive. Active cooling mattress toppers use a cooling agent such as a fan or water pump. A passive cooling mattress topper works differently, using the actual materials it is made out of to keep you cool.
Many cooling mattress toppers are made out of gel-infused foam or another material that is responsive to temperature. This material can actually absorb your body heat and transfer it out. Unlike mattresses that absorb heat and feel hot to the touch, cooling mattress toppers keep the sleeping surface at a comfortable temperature throughout the night.
Some cooling mattress toppers are actually designed to be kept in the fridge so they are cool to the touch when you sleep on them. However, the temperature of these toppers heats up once they are used.
The Cooling Mattress Topper Buying Guide
- Be sure to pay attention to the type of material the cooling mattress topper is made out of. Opt for a cool fabric cover like cotton, rayon or bamboo. For the filling, look for a material that is designed to stay cool regardless of the sleeper’s body temperature. For example, goose and duck down (or alternative), memory foam and foam with gel are all good options.
- In addition to temperature, support is a major factor for many shoppers. Consider whether you prefer a firm sleeping surface or a soft one. Some cooling mattress toppers provide more comfort with their plush feel, while others conform to your body and are on the firmer end.
- If you suffer from allergies, be sure to look for a cooling mattress topper that uses hypoallergenic materials. This will help you avoid runny eyes, runny nose, sneezing and itching during your sleep, which can cause discomfort and wakefulness.
- Depending on the kind of comfort you’re seeking, pay attention to the thickness of the topper. Go with one that is between two and three inches thick, which provides enough support, comfort and cooling properties to help you have uninterrupted sleep.
- If you’re sensitive to smell, keep in mind that cooling mattress toppers made out of memory foam, natural latex and feathers may release an odor when they are taken out of the package. Over time, this odor will fade.
- Durability is a key factor, especially if you plan on using your cooling mattress topper year-round. Some materials can lose their temperature-regulating properties after a few years, so look for one that focuses on longevity and durability. This way, you won’t need to make another purchase in a few years.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide