Nite Ize GearTie Reusable Rubber Twist Ties, 8-Pack
Last updated date: June 2, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twist Ties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twist Tie you should buy.
You'll get assorted colors in this 8-pack of rubber reusable twist ties. The rubber covers a durable, but flexible wire interior that ensures the twist tie holds its shape through many uses. The pack includes two 1" x 3" ties, two 1" x 6" ties, two 1" x 12" ties and two 1" x 18" ties. In our analysis of 4 expert reviews, the Nite Ize Nite Ize GearTie Reusable Rubber Twist Ties, 8-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twist Ties for a detailed review of all the top twist ties.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Our trusted Original Gear Ties are a favorite around the world for that exact reason. The patented Gear Tie Original is the most versatile way to wrap, hang, and organize nearly anything. Featuring a strong bendable wire interior that holds its shape and durable rubber exterior, Gear Ties can be twisted, tied, and reused over and over, indoors and outdoors. They are waterproof, UV-resistant, and durable - they'll even hold up to saltwater, and they have a soft rubber exterior that won't scratch, mark or ding. Whether looking for a colorful organizational wrap, a solution for messy cords and wires, a way to make DIY projects easier, or the most versatile tool for your work site, discover for yourself why so many people find Gear Ties to be indispensable. Available in a range of sizes and colors, you'll never go back to one-time-use zip ties and cable ties again. This 8 Pack Assortment contains one of each: 3" Black, 3" Red, 6" Black, 6" Blue, 12" Black, 12" Lime, 18" Black and 18" Orange. Twist it, tie it, reuse it.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twist Ties
Few things have as many uses as a good twist tie. They’re so useful, you’ll often find them keeping bags closed in the bread section of the grocery store. In fact, if you’ve ever lost the twist tie on your bread, you probably know all too well how valuable having a replacement twist tie around the house can be.
You might not realize you can buy twist ties in varying quantities to have on hand. In addition to replacing the ones you lose from your loaves of bread, though, you can use them to hold cords in place or bind plants together in your garden until they can stand on their own. Buy a pack during the holidays and pair them with plastic bags to hold small quantities of baked goods and other items to hand out as gifts.
A good twist tie has a strong, but flexible inner wire, covered by a softer exterior. That exterior has traditionally been coated plastic in varying levels of quality. The ones you find in the grocery store typically won’t be as durable as those you can buy in packages. However, you’ll also find larger, thicker twist ties with an exterior made of rubber. The rubber ones are especially durable.
Size is an important factor when you’re choosing twist ties. You’ll find them in varying lengths, but four and five inches tend to be the most popular. You can also buy them in spools, cutting the exact length you need. That option is perfect if you’re buying thicker twist ties for use in your tool shop.
When it comes to twist ties, a sturdier option allows you to get multiple uses out of each one. This can be an eco-friendly alternative to buying less durable twist ties in larger quantities that you can only use one or two times before tossing them away. If you use twist ties regularly, it might be worth considering a lower quantity of ties you can use over and over.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may have never noticed before, but the twist ties on packages of bread vary in color. That color coding is used by manufacturers to distinguish the day of the week on which the bread was baked. Most bread manufacturers use a five-day schedule that skips Wednesday and Sunday. If you’re curious, the color-coding is as follows: blue for Monday, green for Tuesday, red for Thursday, white for Friday and yellow for Saturday.
This color system helps grocers determine which loaves to remove from shelves each day to ensure customers are getting only the freshest baked goods. The colors are alphabetical, starting with blue and going all the way to yellow, which can help you remember which color is earliest in the week as you’re shopping.
The Twist Tie Buying Guide
- Usually, you’ll find ties come in a fixed length. However, you can find some packs that hold ties in a variety of lengths. This can offer more versatility than you’ll have with a pack that has dozens of ties in one fixed length.
- Twist ties are also available in packs featuring assorted colors. While this may seem solely for appearance purposes, color coding can be a great way to separate your projects. You can use one tie for the cables that go to your computer and another for the cables that go to your monitor, for instance.
- If you’re planning to use twist ties to bind bags that will hold gifts, consider ordering them in colors to match the festivities. Gold twist ties can be a nice touch for holiday gifts, for instance.
- It can be easy to focus on the exterior of the twist tie you’re holding, but the secret to its durability is the wire inside. Those that last the longest emphasize the strength of that wire, but it also needs to provide the flexibility required to easily twist it into place.
- Although you can find more durable ties for multiple uses, sometimes an all-purpose, thinner and smaller tie in large quantities is more reasonable. Your gift bags, for instance, won’t need a tie that can hold up through multiple uses since they’ll likely just be tossed in the trash by recipients.
- Some twist ties feature a flat design that allows them to more easily fit together in storage. If you’re squeezing them into a drawer or you have limited shelf space in your pantry, for instance, you might prefer this option.