Nexen N’Fera RU5 All- Season Radial Tire-235/55R20XL
Last updated date: October 18, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nexen Tires and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nexen Tire you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best Nexen Tires for a detailed review of all the top nexen tires.
This tire uses a tread design with waves and grooves to improve its grip on the road, effectively reducing the risk of hydroplaning. It also has a second outside rib that helps provide stability, especially around corners. Best of all, they provide a comfortable ride.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Nexen N'Fera RU5 All- Season Radial Tire-235/55R20XL placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
You want it; you’ve got it from the Nexen N’Fera RU5 – traction, great handling and strength for all seasons. The tread design incorporates waves, grooves and a micro-grooves to deter hydroplaning as well as improve grip – whether it’s raining or snowing. A second outside rib spanning asymmetrically to the inside creates stiffness for greater stability and cornering ability. For high performance SUV, this is your tire
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nexen Tires
Nexen Tires has been around for more than seven decades, starting as Heung-A Tire Company in 1942. In 2005, the company moved into the U.S. under the brand name Nexen Tire America, while also continuing to build manufacturing facilities and offices across the world.
Whether you’re looking for a tire to provide stability for off-roading or you just want a tire for everyday use, Nexen has you covered. The company specializes in innovative designs that improve traction in a variety of road conditions. In fact, the company has won several design awards for its unique concepts.
The brand “Nexen” was chosen because it combines two words: “next” and “century.” The company prides itself on having no recalls in its history, due in part to the extensive testing each tire undergoes before being released to the public. Both the quality and reliability have made many top car manufacturers include Nexen as original equipment on their vehicles, including Volkswagen, Chrysler, Hyundai and Mitsubishi Motors.
One of the biggest ways Nexen sets itself apart is through the tread pattern on its tires. The company strategically places waves, grooves and V patterns that improve traction in a variety of road conditions. This helps it grip corners, handle wet conditions like snow and rain with ease and, in some cases, manage muddy conditions if you want to take your vehicle off-road.
But there are two features that many tire buyers prize over all others. One is comfort. You’ll find many the extras that help with grip and control also easily handle obstacles like bumps in the road, giving you a better riding experience. Another is noise. Nexen uses its own pitch arrangement that will keep the ride quiet. No more turning up the radio to drown out the roar coming from your tires. You can ride in peace.
The Nexen Tire Buying Guide
- Tire requirements vary from person to person. Look at your own driving habits. Do you live in an area with snowy weather? If so, you may need a different type of tire than someone who only deals with rain. A good tire will have the traction necessary to handle wet conditions without hydroplaning.
- Noise is also a factor. Although your tire shop likely won’t let you take the tires for a test drive, there are some features that contribute to noise on a tire. For a quiet ride, look for a tread with varied block shapes that create what’s called a “multiple pitch pattern.” Continuous ribs that have straight grooves between them tend to be quieter.
- It’s important that you check your vehicle owner’s manual to find the exact specifications for your tires. If you buy a tire that’s too large, you may strain the capacity of your transmission and other components. A tire that’s too small may not give you optimum performance.
- Once you’ve decided the perfect tire for your vehicle, shop around. You can get a good deal by having a membership at a warehouse club like Sam’s or Costco, but some buyers prefer the expertise and ongoing service that comes from a tire shop. You can save by ordering tires online, but unless you have the skills and equipment, you’ll need to pay a local repair shop to install them for you.
- The weight of your vehicle isn’t the only thing your tires will have to support. If you regularly haul heavy loads, keep that in mind while you shop.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide