Nature’s Way Bilberry Standardized Extract Veggie Capsules, 90-Count
Last updated date: June 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bilberry Capsules for a detailed review of all the top .
Rich in antioxidants, these capsules are a great addition to your daily vitamin regimen. Each capsule contains bilberries and elderberries, which may provide the extra support your eyes need to stay healthy. One bottle lasts a month when taking just one capsule with every meal.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Nature's Way Bilberry Veggie Capsules, 90-Count placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bilberry extract (Vaccinium myrtillus) is standardized to 25% anthocyanins to support visual adaptation to light, improve microcirculation, promote healthy connective tissue and provide antioxidant protection to the eyes.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Bilberries are in the same family as blueberries and huckleberries. In addition to having a delicious flavor, they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, like C, K, iron and manganese. Although bilberries are touted as a natural way to lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation, they are widely used to support the overall health of your eyes.
Check to make sure the bilberry capsules you’re interested in match the diet you are currently following. For example, the Carlyle Bilberry Fruit Extract, 200-Count is free of gluten, GMOs, dairy and soy. You can also find options that are vegan, should you follow a plant-based diet.
Check the amount of bilberry extract or fruit that the supplement is providing. You’ll find Puritan’s Pride Bilberry Softgels, 180-Count includes 250 mg of bilberry extract per serving, which is equal to 1,000 mg of bilberry fruit. Some versions are a little more potent, while others are less. You may want to meet with your family physician to determine the amount that is best for your body.
Make sure the “other ingredients” list doesn’t contain any unnecessary additives, such as artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. The Oregon Wild Harvest Bilberry Capsules, 60-Count uses nothing other than the bilberry fruit, bilberry extract and gelatin capsules to deliver the nutrients to the body.
The Buying Guide
- Individuals who are nursing, pregnant or currently taking other medications should discuss the bilberry supplement with their doctor before adding it to their daily nutrition regimen.
- Read the bilberry capsules’ product label for instructions on how best to consume the supplement. Some companies recommend that you take the bilberry tablet with food, while others suggest drinking a full glass of water after swallowing the capsule.
- Always store nutritional supplements, including your bilberry capsules, in a cool dry location. Room temperature is fine, but an area of the house that is hot or moist should be avoided.
- If you have small children or pets in the home, make sure you set the supplement out of their reach. Although the product is natural, it does have side effects when taken in excess.
- Review the size of the bilberry capsules. If you have difficulty swallowing pills, you won’t want to go with a bottle that is filled with large tablets. Another option is to purchase a softgel, poke it open and pour the contents in a bit of applesauce. Then you won’t have to swallow the capsule at all.
- Check the bilberry bottle’s seal before using.
- Since bilberry supplements come in different sized bottles with varying serving sizes, you can’t simply compare the sales prices. You need to first determine how much you’re paying per serving. After making these calculations, you’ll discover the Puritan’s Pride Bilberry Softgels, 180-Count and the Oregon Wild Harvest Bilberry Capsules, 60-Count are among the most affordable. The Nutricost Bilberry Veggie Capsules, 90-Count is moderately priced with the Carlyle Bilberry Fruit Extract, 200-Count coming in as the most costly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide