Nature’s Miracle Odor & Urine Destroyer Foam
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Urine Destroyers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Urine Destroyer you should buy.
You'll get six 17.5-ounce cans in this set, with a formula specifically built to eliminate dog odors. The chemicals not only get rid of the scent of urine, but also the sticky residue you'll get when urine is left on a surface. The formula is safe for use on rugs and tables, as well as safe for use around children and pets. In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Nature's Miracle Nature's Miracle Odor & Urine Destroyer Foam placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Urine Destroyer for a detailed review of all the top urine destroyers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Works to eliminate strong urine and the Yellow, sticky residue that comes with it
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Urine Destroyers
Pets can make a home a happier place to live, but they do come with a few inconveniences. One is the inevitable accident. Even with the best training, it’s hard to avoid the occasional spot of urine on your floors. It could happen in the early days of pet ownership, as you’re trying to provide training. Some older dogs have accidents, too, though, whether as a result of a health problem or some other issue.
But pet urine can cause permanent damage to flooring and fabrics. The pH of urine increases as it hardens, making it more difficult to remove. It also starts to attract bacteria, eventually discoloring the surface. Over time, it changes the structure of the carpet, making even professional carpet cleaning ineffective.
The problem with urine is that as tough as the stain is to remove, the odor is even tougher. Removing the bacteria causing the odor often isn’t enough. You need a product designed to eliminate all traces of the bacteria to make sure the odor is gone forever.
If you have carpet, pet urine will sink far beneath the surface. The liquid will sink all the way to the carpet pad beneath the carpet and sometimes even to the flooring beneath. This is why it’s important to take action quickly when an accident happens. But you also should look for a product that promises to get deep within the fibers of the carpet to clear urine odors from the pad.
DWYM Fun Fact
In addition to keeping your home clean and odor-free, pet urine destroyers can also prevent an ongoing issue with your pet. You’ve probably heard of dogs marking their territory by urinating on certain areas. But there’s also a biological instinct to “remark” an area where they’ve urinated before. They’re drawn there by the scent. Even if you think you’ve spot-treated it, unless you’re using enzymes to attack the scent, your pet may continue to go back to the same spot over and over again. If the area your pet is marking involves a solid surface, such as a piece of furniture or doorjamb, you’ll need to look for a cleaner that is formulated to be safe on those surfaces.
The Urine Destroyer Buying Guide
- The sooner you can remove the source of the odor, the better. Urine is easiest to remove when it’s first deposited, which is when it’s in its most acid state. That means if you have a pet in the house, or plan to, you should have a urine stain remover on hand at all times and take action as soon as an accident happens.
- Products with a high pH can remain on the carpet, attracting dirt and staining the carpet permanently. Avoid ammonia-based urine destroyers or oxygen bleaches.
- As effective as urine sprays and powders can be for spot cleaning, a professional carpet cleaning service goes much further to fully remove urine. These services will pull back the carpet, remove the pad, clean the backing of the carpet with enzyme treatment and install a new pad beneath the carpet.
- If you have pets or children crawling around on the floor, you’ll want to make sure any product you purchase is safe. Look for one that uses natural enzymes and keeps the use of chemicals at a minimum.
- Urine can leave behind a sticky residue in addition to the odor. You’ll need an enzyme that can remove that residue.