Nature’s Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bar
Last updated date: July 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Nutrition Bars and dug through the reviews from 4 of the most popular review sites including Go Dairy Free, Healthy Fit Fab Moms, Hero Care Packages, Mommy Blog Expert and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nutrition Bar you should buy.
Nature’s Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bar are affordable and they offer tons of copper, magnesium, potassium and many more vitamins because of the amount of figs in every bar. They are also incredibly soft and chewy. In our testing, we found there was a good balance between the fruit in the middle and the soft outer part of the bar. In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Nature's Bakery Nature's Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bar placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 31, 2019:
Checkout The Best Nutrition Bar for a detailed review of all the top nutrition bars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Nature's Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bars are fuel for everyday life's great journeys. Made with wholesome and natural ingredients, our delicious soft-baked baked bars are filled with real fruit for an on-the-go snack that satisfies. Perfectly portioned in two bars, our twin-packs don't melt, crumble or break--they're the daily snack companion you can rely on to be there when you need them most.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nutrition Bars
More and more people are turning to healthy foods and good nutrition to improve health and just feel better. With countless nutrition bars out there, how do you know which ones are the best? That is not an easy answer, but a little bit of research will help to make the process easier.
Who needs a nutrition bar? Nutrition bars are not just for those looking to lose weight or gain muscle; they offer a solution for heart health, diabetics, allergy-sensitive consumers, athletes and moms-on-the-go, just to mention a few. So, this means nutrition bars need to have all the right stuff in them to support all these different lifestyles. You will need to get the appropriate bar for you and your dietary restrictions so be sure to read the labels before you buy.
There are numerous factors to consider when reading the label of a nutrition bar. Good carbohydrates, healthy fats, the amount of fiber and good proteins are all things you will want to know about your nutrition bar.
Good carbohydrates are one of the most important factors in a good nutrition bar. Carbohydrates give our bodies energy to do our daily functions. They are composed of hydrogen, oxygen and carbon. In our bodies, carbohydrates are broken down into glucose which is, in turn, used to produce adenosine triphosphate or ATP which is used in the metabolic process. Carbohydrates are also important for muscles to function and retain their mass, especially during an extended period of exercise. The best nutrition bars will source their carbohydrates from natural foods without added sugar such as certain vegetables.
Healthy fats are important to our daily diets. Triglycerides and cholesterol not only store our energy but also give us insulation for our organs. Proteins wouldn’t be able to keep us moving without healthy fats. Cholesterol is what our cell walls are comprised of because cholesterol is not water-soluble. The cholesterol only allows fat-soluble molecules in and out of the cell.
The amount of fiber in your nutrition bar is extremely important. Fiber helps to move large molecules through our bodies. Most nutrition bars have proteins and carbohydrates to give energy, but they are difficult for our bodies to digest. Having at least 3 grams of fiber in the bar will enable the larger food molecules to move through our digestive tract with ease. You can find the amount of fiber listed in the nutrition facts section on the packaging.
Proteins are so vital to the function of our bodies. They are massive molecules that are extremely complex and perform most duties within the cell. They support tissues and organs but are also an essential part for the structure of these body parts. We need proteins to keep our blood sugars regulated for long periods of time as well.
When you want a nutrition bar that is dairy-free, soy-free, cholesterol-free and does not contain high fructose corn syrup, Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars are perfect. They are also kosher and vegan for those specific diets.
A nutrition bar that boosts energy and offers an incredible, 14 grams of protein is the Zone Perfect Nutrition Bar in fudge graham flavor. This bar is packed with vitamins and even offers antioxidants for boosting immunity. The flavor is similar to s’mores.
A popular choice among nutrition gurus is the KIND nutrition bars in Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt. This bar has only 5 grams of sugar but 6 grams of protein. Gluten-free and non-GMO in addition to 7 grams of fiber, makes these KIND bars a balanced option for a nutrition bar.
So when you want to find that happy medium between healthy and tasty, turn to these nutrition bars rather than your sugary, carb-filled, pantry snacks. You won’t regret it and they’ll make you feel great!
DYWM Fun Fact
- When you eat a high protein nutrition bar, you can increase the metabolic rate in your body.
- The first nutrition bars were made for space trips.
- In the 1960s, Pillsbury made the Space Food Sticks with extended shelf life and no refrigerating necessary.
- Ten years later, Pillsbury put a different label on them and sold them in supermarkets as snack bars.
- PowerBar, the famous nutrition bar from marathon runner Brian Maxwell, was created in 1986.
- Nestle bought PowerBar in 2000 for a whopping $375 million.
The Nutrition Bar Buying Guide
- High protein and fiber are two must-haves in your nutrition bars.
- The lower the sugar the better. Some so-called nutrition bars have more sugar than a candy bar.
- Make sure the sugar is from a natural source such as fruit, no aspartame, high-fructose corn syrup, or other fake sugars.
- There are some nutrition bars that are specifically for snacking to hold you over in between meals.
- You will find bars that are great for weight loss with high fiber contents.
- Some nutrition bars are just for energy without the energy label, usually containing high protein and lots of healthy carbohydrates.
- Shop directly on company websites to see if they offer free samples before you commit to buying an entire package.
- Some health food stores will offer free mini-samples in store for you to try before you buy.
- These nutrition bars are not meant to replace meals, just offer healthy alternatives for snacks.