Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
Last updated date: December 18, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reusable Water Bottles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reusable Water Bottle you should buy.
Update as May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Reusable Water Bottle for a detailed review of all the top reusable water bottles.
If you're looking for a water bottle that can accommodate both hot and cold drinks, the Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle is an excellent choice. The wide mouth fits both round and rectangular ice cubes, as well as a bottle brush for cleaning. We like that the lid can be looped onto a bag or backpack.
In our analysis of 67 expert reviews, the Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our most popular bottle, made with Tritan material which is 100 percent free of BPA, a chemical that has been found to disrupt natural hormones. This fresh take on the classic Nalgene is made without dangerous chemicals and will never leach a plastic taste into your water. Available in a variety of colors to help brighten up anybody's gear. The large opening on our wide-mouth bottles easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing a breeze. The attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily. Amazon.com This is the bottle that established Nalgene as a household name, and remains the company's bestseller. Hikers and other outdoor types have used Nalgene bottles for over 20 years, which is why most backpacks have a side pocket designed to accommodate a Nalgene. Its design, though simple, boasts more than 50 years of manufacturing fine-tuning that's resulted in a remarkably durable, leakproof bottle that's guaranteed for life. Measurement markers printed on the side of the bottle help you track your fluid intake, and are also handy when mixing beverages in the bottle. Available in a variety of colors, the bottle has a large opening which easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing easy. An attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily, while offering a handy finger hold when on the move. Features Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester Dishwasher safe on the top rack Superior impact resistance Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit) Convenient loop-top design means you'll never lose the lid Wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy Opening accommodates most water filters Marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement Made in USA Anatomy of a Nalgene Bottle Threads: Nalgene bottles and caps feature continuous, straight shouldered semi-buttress threads for increased contact area on the surface. This allows for greater tightening force without stripping threads. Cap: Durable caps are designed and built to perfectly mate with their respective containers. There's no separate liner to wear, crease, fall out, or leak, and the seal ring is molded directly into each cap. FDA Compliant, BPA-free Materials: Nalgene bottles are molded from 100% virgin resin with nothing but FDA compliant colors added. Finished products are tested according to the requirements of the USFDA for food and beverage contact. Heavy-duty Walls: Uniformly durable walls are thicker and more resistant to failure than many similar looking, but lower quality bottles. Bottom: Inner corners of each bottle's bottom are curved for easy cleaning, and a plastic resin code is molded into the bottle for eventual recycling after years of sturdy service. About Nalgene Nalgene is one of those brands many consider synonymous with its product category, much like Rollerblades or Q-Tips. The company creates ubiquitous BPA-free colored water bottles, geared toward providing a simple personal hydration solution that respects the environment. Nalgene offers a full product line of reusable containers of all kinds, made from a wide range of materials.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Reusable Water Bottles
Did you know that it can take up to 500 years for plastic water bottles to decompose after being dumped in a landfill? Instead of purchasing these disposable plastic bottles, consider helping the environment out by utilizing reusable water bottles. While you shop for a model that best suits your lifestyle, keep the following features in mind:
Examine the material used to make the bottle. Some models are made using food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, which is not only durable but also resists rust and discoloration. Other models are constructed from a BPA-free and non-toxic Tritan Co-Polyester plastic. It’s important that you don’t use a plastic water bottle that contains toxins, as they can leak into the water that you drink.
Check the bottle’s insulation next. The Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle is double-walled and vacuum-insulated, which means it not only keeps your drinks cold for hours, but it can also keep hot drinks, like coffee and tea, warm for hours.
Review how the lid functions. Not only do you want the lid to prevent leaks and spills, but you also want it to be easy to use, especially if you’re working out and you only have one hand to spare. The Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle has a one-click opening mechanism, so you can take a sip of water while cycling, hiking or jogging in the park. Some models also include a protective spout that keeps dust and dirt from getting on the mouthpiece.
Don’t forget to check the size of the opening beneath the lid. The Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle has a wide mouth and can fit most water filters, as well as ice cubes. Just keep in mind that some wide-mouth bottles are also wide at the base, making them unable to fit in most cup holders. While narrow-mouth water bottles don’t allow for the addition of ice cubes, they do provide better flow and they will fit in your car’s cup holders.
Consider any extras that the reusable water bottle may have to offer. The Contigo 24 oz. Autoseal Chill Water Bottle has an integrated carrying handle for easy travel. Some bottles come in a choice of as many as 22 different colors and patterns. Some bottles are designed to be elegant with frosted casings or matte finishes, as well as bottles that come with measurements so you can track your water intake throughout the day.
The Reusable Water Bottle Buying Guide
- Look for a product warranty or a money-back guarantee when deciding between a few different models. There are several companies that sell reusable water bottles that believe in their product so much that they actually offer a lifetime guarantee.
- When it comes to cleaning reusable water bottles, you’ll need to read the product care label. Some of these bottles are dishwasher safe, but only when placed on the top rack. Others have lids that are dishwasher safe, but the bottles themselves must be washed by hand. Then there are entire bottles that must be hand-washed, as none of their parts are dishwasher safe. To clean the bottles, simply use hot water with a little dish soap. A bottle brush can be used to reach the bottom of the bottle.
- If you use anything other than water in your reusable water bottle, it may begin to smell funky over time. There are two excellent methods you can choose from to get rid of those unpleasant smells. You can fill the bottle with two teaspoons of baking soda and warm water. Let the mixture sit for a few hours and wash as you normally would. Another option is to fill the bottle with white distilled vinegar and let it remain in the bottle overnight before washing with dish soap and water.
- When you’re ready to upgrade to a new water bottle, don’t throw the old one away. There are several ways you can reuse that bottle. If you have children, toss a few coins in the bottle to turn it into a homemade maraca. Another option is to cut the top portion of the water bottle off and use the bottom to hold office supplies or to hold your toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom.
- You’ll find reusable water bottles come in a wide range of prices. The Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle falls on the lower end, as it is made from plastic and doesn’t have as many extra features as other water bottles. The Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle and the Contigo 24 oz. Autoseal Chill Water Bottle are both made out of stainless steel, which places them in the middle price-wise. On the high end, you’ll find the Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle, which is not only quality-made but also comes in its own gift box.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide