NAKED Nutrition Less Naked Vanilla Micellar Casein Protein Powder, 5-Pound
Last updated date: July 1, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top NAKED Protein Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best NAKED Protein Powder you should buy.
Not only is this NAKED protein powder flavored with vanilla, but it's also sweetened with coconut sugar. It can be used to add nutrition to a batch of cookies or flavor to your after-workout smoothie. In addition to protein, this powder includes 18 essential amino acids. In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the NAKED Nutrition NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Casein Protein Powder, 5-Pound placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best NAKED Protein Powder for a detailed review of all the top naked protein powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS: 100% Micellar Casein Protein, Vanilla, and Organic Coconut Sugar. Less Naked Vanilla Casein contains no artificial sweeteners or colors and is GMO-Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free. MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 26g of Protein, 5g of Sugar, 6g of Carbs, 130 Calories, and 5.4g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acid) per serving.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On NAKED Protein Powders
Protein powder offers a host of nutritional benefits, including building muscle and bone, recovering damaged muscles and tissue after exercise and increasing a person’s weight. When choosing a protein powder, you want to make sure you’re getting a formula that is free of unhealthy additives. Since all of the NAKED Nutrition brand protein powders fit this description, they are a great choice.
Determine whether you’d rather have a flavored or unflavored protein powder. Unflavored formulas are extremely versatile. You can add a scoop to a fruit smoothie or a batch of cookies without altering the taste. The NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Casein Protein Powder, 5-Pound comes in a vanilla flavor, which may taste great in pancakes but unpleasant in a cup of coffee. Both options have health benefits, so which one you choose is simply based off of your preference.
Check the source of the protein next. Most of the protein powders are sourced from grass-fed cows; however, some individuals are lactose intolerant, which makes cow’s milk a no-no. Instead, consumers with milk sensitivities would do better with a NAKED protein powder that is derived from goat’s milk. Goat milk is easier to digest and gentler on the system than cow’s milk.
Review the ingredient list next. Believe it or not, NAKED has a line of protein powders, like the NAKED Nutrition Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder, 5-Pound, that contain just one ingredient. Other formulas only use a few ingredients. None of the formulas contain any preservatives, artificial sweeteners, GMOs or any other unnecessary ingredient.
Examine the amount of protein the powder contains, so you know your needs are being met. For example, the NAKED Nutrition Casien Protein Powder Blend, 1-Pound comes with 25 grams of protein, while others have as much as 50 grams. Don’t forget to check out the essential amino acids as well. Most NAKED products are made with at least 18 amino acids.
Consider a protein powder that is designed for a specific purpose. There are formulas that are geared toward individuals who exercise and consume a nutritional shake before or after their workout. The NAKED Nutrition NAKED Mass Weight Gain Protein Powder is best for anyone who needs to gain weight in a healthy way. It’s made using an organic tapioca maltodextrin for a clean source of complex carbohydrates.
DWYM Fun Fact
In September of 2014, Steve Zieminski created the company NAKED Nutrition to produce supplements that were completely free of unnecessary additives. Some of the supplements were designed to increase a person’s nutrition, while others were made to help athletes reach their fitness goals.
The company is committed to using only the best ingredients, which is why they source their protein directly from farms that feed their animals with grass. In fact, NAKED Nutrition only adds ingredients to their products if they serve a specific purpose. You won’t find any artificial colors, preservatives or GMOs when you go with NAKED.
The NAKED Protein Powder Buying Guide
- Always check with your doctor before adding any supplements to your diet, including NAKED protein powders.
- You can use a shaker bottle or a blender to mix the protein powder into your desired beverage. For the best results, shake the bottle for 25 to 30 seconds or blend the ingredients for 20 to 30 seconds.
- NAKED Nutrition offers a host of recipe ideas on their website if you’re looking for a new way to add protein to the foods you enjoy.
- Just a few of the ways you can sneak protein powder into your food include sprinkling the powder in oatmeal, baking it in a muffin, mixing it in Chia pudding, adding it to a quiche and stirring it in a bowl of soup.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t regulate dietary supplements, so you’ll want to keep this in mind when reviewing the product.
- In order to determine which NAKED protein powder is the most affordable, you’ll need to divide the total cost of the product by the number of servings the container holds. That will give you a price per serving that you can then compare. The NAKED Nutrition Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder, 5-Pound has the best value, while the NAKED Nutrition Casien Protein Powder Blend, 1-Pound and the NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Casein Protein Powder, 5-Pound are a close second. You’ll pay the most for the NAKED Nutrition NAKED Mass Weight Gain Protein Powder, which has added ingredients to assist a person in gaining weight.