NAKED Single Ingredient Whey Protein Concentrate
Last updated date: January 3, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Whey Protein Concentrates and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Whey Protein Concentrate you should buy.
Update as January 3, 2023:
Checkout The Best Whey Protein Concentrate for a detailed review of all the top whey protein concentrates.
Made with no preservatives, artificial sweeteners or GMO ingredients, NAKED 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder is one of the purest forms of protein powder on the market. This product is also cold process, which further prevents contamination. So, consumers get only the best nutritional benefits. While the powder comes unflavored, adding a few of your favorite fruits with some ice results in a tasty smoothie that will keep you fueled through your workout. We like that the website provide recipe suggestions and found this to be delicious mixed into a smoothie.
In our analysis of 123 expert reviews, the NAKED Single Ingredient Whey Protein Powder placed 15th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Using grass fed cows’ milk from small dairy farms, we use careful manufacturing processes to create a non-denatured whey loaded with essential amino acids, glutathione, and clean protein. All vital nutrients are retained in the purest form. Naked Whey is pure protein and not dressed up with additives like artificial flavors or sweeteners like most brands. Naked Nutrition is committed to shortening the steps between our farms and you. We strip away all of the marketing and gimmicks that many companies use today. We sell products with only the purest ingredients. At Naked Nutrition, we strive to help you meet your nutrition and fitness goals by being transparent about what we sell. That way you know exactly what’s going into your body, and what’s more important than that? From Grass-Fed Whey Protein to Pea Protein Powder to Organic Brown Rice Protein Powder, Naked Nutrition provides the purest supplements. Our proteins are loaded with essential amino acids and no artificial sweeteners or colors. Our commitment to offering the best protein powders and supplements extends to all our products including Powdered Peanut Butter, Casein Protein, Creatine Monohydrate and more. No additives means your body gets more of what it needs and not what big agribusinesses use to pad their bottom line. Take your nutrition to the next level with Naked Nutrition. Naked Nutrition is committed to turning you into a better you. We strive to make nutrition understandable and simple. Enjoy Naked Whey with your morning smoothie, add it your oatmeal, or have it anytime of the day. There’s no wrong time to get Naked. There are 4 different flavors of Naked Whey: Unflavored, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. Pick your favorite or try them all!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Whey Protein Concentrates
Protein is important to life. Each of the body’s cells contains protein, and you may not be consuming enough of this important substance from your daily meals. Your daily protein intake will vary based on factors such as your body composition, age, weight and exercise levels.
If you find that you aren’t getting the recommended dose of protein through your diet, you can add a whey protein supplement to your daily regimen. While there are other protein sources, whey is preferable, thanks to its ability to digest quickly while being easy on the stomach.
When researching whey protein concentrate, first look to see that the product contains 100% whey with most of the whey coming from whey isolates. There are three types of whey (isolates, concentrates and hydrolysates), and the isolates contain the most protein. You’ll even find some whey protein powders are made using a nice blend with the majority of the protein coming from the isolates.
Check that the ingredients don’t interfere with your diet or known allergies. For example, some options are best for those who need a gluten-free, GMO-free, soy-free and artificial ingredient-free formula. Many are also cold-processed, which eliminates contamination from chemicals and toxins that some individuals may have a negative reaction to.
Next, if you’re an athlete, bodybuilder or exercise enthusiast, you’ll need to look at the amount of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) in the formula, as these are important for building muscle. An amount of 5.5 grams or higher is what you want to shoot for. If the product label lists the amino acids separately, you’ll need to add them all up to get the total.
Lastly, you’ll want to check for your favorite flavor (or taste test a few until you find your favorite). Some brands only offer two or three flavor profiles, while others have as many as 20. You may wish to use one flavor for shakes and smoothies and another flavor for baking.
The Whey Protein Concentrate Buying Guide
- Always check for artificial ingredients and sugar content before deciding on a whey protein concentrate. This is especially important if you have a condition like diabetes or are allergic to dyes. Some brands sneak these not-so-beneficial ingredients into their formulas, so it’s always best to read the product label thoroughly.
- Since whey protein concentrate is food, it does have an expiration date. There are a few things you can do to keep the product fresh for a long period of time. First, don’t transfer the powder into a new container. The original packaging is designed to keep moisture out. Second, place the protein powder in a location that is both cool and dry. In addition to water, heat can affect the supplement in a negative way.
- Keep the whey protein powder out of the reach of children. Consuming too much of it at once can be harmful. Most of these supplements are not meant to be used by anyone under the age of 18.
- Clumps within the powder and unpleasant odors are two signs that your whey protein concentrate has gone bad. This is true whether the product has reached its expiration date or not. If this happens, throw the container away and purchase a new one.
- Get your family physician’s approval before adding any type of supplement to your diet, including whey protein concentrate. You want to make sure the formula you choose doesn’t interact with any of your medications. For example, whey protein stops the absorption of Levodopa, Formax and Tetracycline antibiotics.
- Make sure the formula you use has been tested for banned substances. This ensures the product doesn’t contain any ingredients that would cause you to have a failed urine test for work or a competitive sports program.
- You don’t just have to use whey protein powder to make shakes and smoothies. You can also use them in food recipes, such as peanut butter cups, blueberry muffins and fudge brownies. If you prefer, you can also sprinkle the powder on top of your cereal, oatmeal or ice cream. It even mixes well with a small container of yogurt or an applesauce cup.
- When considering the price of whey protein concentrate, you need to look at how many servings you get from the product. Then, you’ll need to divide the number of servings by the purchase price to see who has the most affordable protein powder.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide