Mueller 5-Speed Compact Electric Hand Mixer
Last updated date: September 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hand Mixers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hand Mixer you should buy.
Update as September 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hand Mixer for a detailed review of all the top hand mixers.
A lot of though went into creating this attractive hand mixer. It features an easy grip handle that keeps your hands from slipping, as well as controls that can be adjusted with the tip of your thumb. There's even a turbo boost function for those jobs that require a little extra power.
In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the Mueller 5-Speed Compact Electric Hand Mixer placed 8th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
BAKING WITH EASE - With Mueller Hand Mixer you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any baking recipe. With 5 regular speed and turbo function, it will meet all of your mixing needs. Turbo function speed up for each gear. VERSATILE ATTACHMENTS - Electric hand mixer includes 4 chrome plated attachments, two dough hooks and two beaters perfect for cooking or baking. Compact Storage Base keeps everything in one place. Not only will they not be lose to the depths of a drawer, but also it will save space for you. COMFORT GRIP - Lightweight construct and ergonomic handle designed to provide a sturdy grip, made from long lasting materials. COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Slim unit can squeeze into tight drawers, and attachments connect to bottom of mixer for easy storage. You can clean the body with a single damp cloth. All the attachments are dishwasher-safe. SUPERIOR QUALITY WITH MUELLER - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional customer support is always here for you!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hand Mixers
Since the handheld rotary egg beater was patented in 1884, professional chefs and home cooks alike have looked for the best appliance for mixing ingredients. Whether you are whipping heavy cream, beating eggs or blending a cake mix, choosing the best hand mixer for your needs takes consideration.
First, determine whether you need a hand mixer. If you frequently mix items in smaller amounts, a hand mixer is ideal. There is no need to pull out and clean up a cumbersome stand mixer for scrambled eggs or meringue to top a pie.
How you plan to use your hand mixer can also help determine what attachments can benefit you most. If you only pull it out of the cupboard once in a rare while to make a special breakfast or meal, a pair of standard beaters might be sufficient. If you want to whisk eggs or whip cream, a whisk attachment is a useful addition. Extra-long beaters might be nice if you want to use the mixer in a deep bowl. Dough hooks are ideal if you are a frequent baker who likes to make bread and other dough-based recipes.
Consider the comfort and ergonomics of a hand mixer when shopping for the right one. The handle should be comfortable and easy to grip to avoid cramping or fatigue when using it, especially when you are preparing multiple recipes. The weight of the mixer could make it more or less comfortable and easy to use as well.
Settings and switches are other factors to think about. Considering how you will use the hand mixer can help you make this determination. For instance, if you mostly whip up boxed brownies or pancake batter, a hand mixer with two or three speeds is likely sufficient. However, if you want to cream butter, blend thick batter or mix up chunky mashed potatoes, you might want to look at mixers with multiple speeds and settings.
The brand name can also come into play when choosing between hand mixers. Some brands have a reputation for quality and have been shown to stand the test of time. Some brands include multiple attachments, such as dough hooks and a blending rod. Others are more durable and feature 240-watts of power and five speeds. They are typically versatile enough to easily tackle common mixing tasks. Don’t forget to look for an ergonomic design and a contour grip, as these offer comfort and ease of use.
Any cook will affirm that cleanup can be the most daunting part of preparing a meal or baking a special treat. Find out what is involved in taking the mixer apart and cleaning the different pieces. Can you pop out the beaters and tuck them into the dishwasher, or is it complicated to disassemble and put back together? The easier a hand mixer is to use, clean and put away, the more likely you are to use it again and again. For instance, some models come with their own storage cases. The mixing attachments and the power cord tuck inside of the see-through case while the mixer itself snaps on to the top, making storage a breeze. Bonus: You never have to dig through a cluttered drawer to find your attachments.
Of course, the price of a hand mixer is important to take into account. Determining how much you want to spend before you begin shopping and then making a list of your non-negotiable features, as well as any extras you would like to have, will give you the information you need to find the right-hand mixer for your kitchen.
The Hand Mixer Buying Guide
- Even if you have used multiple hand mixers, take the time to read the owner’s manual or instructions that accompany your new mixer. There might be important warnings, significant details or awesome features that you would otherwise miss out on.
- Unplug your mixer when you are not using it as well as when you remove, install or replace attachments. Doing so could prevent you from injuring yourself or damaging the device.
- Start at zero when inserting the beaters or other attachments into the bowl. Move up the speed one level at a time to avoid breaking the mixer, overbeating ingredients or making a mess of your kitchen.
- Use lower speeds for thicker or harder recipes, such as creamed butter or biscuit dough. Reserve higher speeds for liquid ingredients, like eggs, cream or thin batter.
- Always remove any attachments before attempting to clean them. Keeping the body of a hand mixer away from water is an important way to prevent damage.
- Never allow children to use a hand mixer unattended. Although it might seem like a small, rather simple gadget, improper use could result in damage to the appliance at a minimum or injury at the worst.
- You can use a hand mixer to shred cooked chicken. Place boneless pieces of cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl. Insert the mixer into the bowl, turn it on and mix away! The beaters will slowly but surely shred the meat to the perfect consistency to use in your favorite recipe.
- Another creative way to use your hand mixer is to make your favorite coffee beverages at home. Pour the desired amount of milk or cream into a large mug or glass measuring cup. Heat it in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Using a single beater attachment, froth the warm milk to your desired consistency and add it to your coffee.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide