Motorola MG8702 Dual-Band Beamforming Motorola Modem & Router
Last updated date: March 18, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Motorola Modems & Routers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Motorola Modem & Router you should buy.
Update as March 18, 2023:
Checkout The Best Motorola Modems & Routers for a detailed review of all the top motorola modems & routers.
Give your Internet speeds a boost by upgrading to this Motorola modem and router. The device is high-tech and comes with its very own app. Download the app and you'll be able to do everything from set up parental controls to receive important security alerts.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Motorola Dual-Band Beamforming Motorola Modem & Router placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Instantly upgraded you WiFi performance with advanced tech all while saving up to $168 per year in rental fees by owning your cable modem. Access the fastest cable internet plans available, with the future-proof performance of the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. Includes a built-in high speed AC3200 WiFi router with Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi Beamforming for ultra fast, reliable WiFi. Intelligent mobile app – Comes with a smart WiFi app for easy setup, guest network management, usage monitoring, speed testing, parental controls, network security alerts, and more. Reliability you can count on – A worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with 2-years of free expert support from our team
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Motorola Modems & Routers
When you sign up for a cable internet service, the company will automatically provide you with a modem/router device. What they don’t tell you, however, is that they are charging you a monthly fee to use that equipment. Instead, consider purchasing a Motorola modem and router yourself, as this can save you as much as $156 per year.
Look for a modem that is easy to set up. Some options come with a quick-start guide and simply require consumers to attach three connectors: the power, coaxial and ethernet cables.
Consider the size of the modem next. If you have limited space on your desk, you’ll want to go with an option that has a slim design. One that is also vertical is ideal, as you could easily fit the unit in between a monitor and a hard drive.
Check the modem’s speed to ensure it meets your needs. If you only use your internet for leisure here and there, you’ll find a Motorola modem and router with speeds of 686 megabits per second is all you need. Individuals who work from home or do a lot of gaming would do better with a modem that offer speeds of up to 6,000 megabits per second.
Determine whether you’d like to have a separate modem and router, or a combined unit. Combined units reduce the amount of wires you have to deal with, as well as the amount of equipment you have to set up. Of course, if you go with a separate modem and router, you’ll be able to upgrade one without having to replace the other.
The Motorola Modem & Router Buying Guide
- Always check that the Motorola modem and router you’re interested in is compatible with your internet service provider before you make a purchase.
- Not all of the modems double as Wi-Fi routers. You may need to purchase a compatible wireless router separately to work in conjunction with your Motorola modem. You’ll also want to check whether the modem includes a telephone jack if you plan on having a home telephone.
- Schedule a monthly reboot for your computer, modem and router. This simple task often improves slow-moving connections and stops the occasional signal drop.
- When setting up your router, you’ll need to create a Wi-Fi password that is hard for anyone to guess. For added safety, it is also important that you go into your settings, click on LAN settings and change the router’s IP address. Then head to Tools or Administration and change the router’s login password. You want to select a different password than you used previously for the Wi-Fi.
- Take the time to dust off your Motorola modem and router at least once per week. No other cleaning is needed unless you spill a drink while sitting at your computer.
- When upgrading your router, consider recycling the old model. You can use it as a Wi-Fi extender or a guest connection.
- The cost for a Motorola modem and router is dependent upon the model’s speed capabilities, number of ethernet ports and whether or not it has a built-in router.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide