Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket
Last updated: March 16, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Universal Sockets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Universal Socket you should buy.
If you're looking for a housewarming gift, go with this universal socket adapter. In addition to its attractive packaging, it comes in a choice of blue, red, black and silver. The unit automatically adjusts to fit your screw, nut or hook and comes with an adapter that turns your drill into a socket driver.In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Moongo Tool UNIVERSAL SOCKET is a must have tool for both the professional and the average person. It instantly adjusts to grip hex nuts, hooks, eye and lag screws, bolt heads, and other various shape and size objects. Perfect for home improvement, construction, carpentry, auto repair, and other household maintenance. We use 54 super strong steel rods that are individually spring actuated allowing the socket to automatically conform to any shape instantly. Move to different types of fasteners without every changing sockets! The MoongoTool Universal Socket fits both standard 1/4 to 3/4 inch and metric 7 to 9 mm nuts and bolts. It can also grasp hex nuts, square nuts, crew eyes, tension screws, bolt heads, even worn and damaged heads! The 3/8″ adapter included turns any power drill instantly into a power socket driver. Loosen and tighten fasteners in seconds and get the job done even faster!
Universal Socket Rankings
A universal socket tool is made using a set of pins that depress to fit the form of any fastener that it is placed over. The tool then grips the fastener so that it can be removed. The benefit of this type of tool is that you won’t need to purchase a bunch of separate tools when working with different types of fasteners. Most universal sockets are able to grip everything from square nuts to hex nuts to eyehooks. They also remove nuts and bolts that have been stripped or worn down.
As you begin your search for the best universal socket, examine the construction of each model. You want to make sure it’s durable. Some options are made from a chrome vanadium steel with a hardness that can reach 56HRC. They may also feature a heat-treatment finish that adds an extra layer of protection against rust.
Check to see what size nuts and bolts the universal socket is able to handle. For example, the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip has 54 individual hardened steel spring pins that automatically adjust to fit 1/4- to 3/4-inch and 7- to 19-millimeter nuts and bolt heads.
Look to see if the universal socket comes with any adapters. You want to go with a model that has adapters that fit your electric drill, ratchet wrenches and electric screwdrivers. The KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set is one such model that offers this. Being able to attach the socket to your drill will significantly speed up the time it takes to remove fasteners.
Consider a universal socket tool that comes with extra features. For example, if you’re looking for a model that is more attractive, so you can give it as a birthday or Father’s Day gift, you’ll want to go with one that comes in a choice of red, blue, black and silver and is neatly stored in an appealing package.
- Universal sockets are not only essential tools for individuals who work in construction or the automotive industry, but also for individuals who prefer to complete their own household maintenance projects. They are easy to use and eliminate the need to buy five different tools to match the specific type of fastener you’re trying to remove.
- Always store your universal socket in a cool, dry location that doesn’t receive a great deal of humidity. If you have no other choice then to store them in a hot garage, consider installing a dehumidifier.
- To protect your universal socket from dirt, dust and debris, it’s a good idea to place it in a storage case or the drawer of your tool chest. Since the socket and any adapters are compact, they won’t take up much room.
- Make it a habit to clean your universal socket once a month. You can purchase a container of stainless-steel wipes to make the cleaning process a cinch. It’s also possible to use a little WD-40 and a lint-free cloth if you already have those items on hand.
- When it comes to the price of a universal socket, you’ll find the price range between models is no more than $10. The KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set is moderately priced. At the top of the list is the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip.