MERITLIFE 2000 Series Microfiber Fill Duvet Insert
Last updated date: October 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Duvet Inserts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Duvet Insert you should buy.
You'll get a breathable microfiber material with this filler, allowing you to use it without a cover if you choose. If you do opt for a cover, there are eight tabs, so if you can find a cover with eight ties, you'll have an easier time inserting it. The filling is 3D 350 GSM polyfill, and the exterior is box stitched to ensure it stays in place. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the MERITLIFE MERITLIFE 2000 Series Microfiber Fill Duvet Insert placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Duvet Inserts for a detailed review of all the top duvet inserts.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Soft Brushed 2000 Series Fabric Cover, Premium 3d Whole-piece Filling. Big Discount for Queen Size Comforter. SOFT FLUFFY & COMFORTABLE: Made of Ultra Soft & Breathable Brushed Microfiber Fabric, our down alternative comforter feels very soft & fluffy,proper thickness for all seasons.Great safe and healthy for those with sensitive skin or allerg to goose down comforter or feather bedding.Zero noise for sound sleep.You can use it as a duvet insert, stand-alone comforter or blanket.Great choice for your living room,guest room. LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE: Our Duvet Comforter Fillings are made of 3D 350 GSM, a premium WHOLE-PIECE polyfill fabric,with exquisite Hemming and Box Stiching Tech, the fillings will stay in place, and will not easily gone.Microfiber has nice thermal ability will keep you warm in cold winter. Proper weight,you will feel no pressue upon your body. EASY TO STALL&CHANGE: 8 x 8 Box Stiching Scientific Design add great comfort and elegance, and will keep the fillings not shift or clump.There are 8 side and corner loops/tabs for you to secure your comforter cover in place.You can use it as a alone comforter or duvet insert. EASY CARE & WASH: 4 Sizes avaliable. Twin size Comforter Duvet Insert measures: 64"x88",Full size 82" x 86", Queen size 88"x88",King size 90"x102".Since the comforter cover fabric is soft, please wash separately without sharp items.Machine wash in gentle cycle with cold water ONLY (less than 30℃),wind-dry or tumble dry on low when needed. Wrinkle Free & Shrinkage resistant. CUSTOMER SERVICE:We take Customers as our top priority.If for any reason in the first 30 days you are unsatisfied with quality of the item you received, you can return it with no questions asked in exchange for a new one. We want you to be 100% satisfied! Advice: To completely fluffy up this comforter, we suggest you expose the comforter in the sun for a few hours or put in the dryer.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Duvet Inserts
A duvet insert is a great way to stay warm at night while still being able to easily clean your bedding in your washer. These inserts are designed to slide inside a cover, which can frequently be removed and washed in the machine, just as you would blankets and sheets.
But duvet inserts can be used on their own as comforters. If you have a washer that can handle bulky items, you can wash them in the machine and tumble dry, eliminating the previous issue with cleaning bulky comforters. If you opt for a duvet that you can use on its own, though, you’ll want to pay particular attention to the material covering the filler since it won’t always be as comfortable as the material used in a cover or standalone comforter.
One benefit of using a duvet filler alone is that you won’t have to deal with stuffing it into a cover. That process can be awkward at best. But some duvet fillers come with loops that allow you to tie the cover to it, which makes inserting the filler much easier. Simply turn the cover inside out, tie it at the top corners, then begin folding it over the filler. To do this, though, you’ll need to make sure you choose a duvet cover with ties sewn in.
DWYM Fun Fact
The origin of the duvet, pronounced due-vay, isn’t entirely known, but they made their way to England thanks to Paul Rycaut, who lived from 1629 to 1700. It’s thought that duvets were around long before that, though. Some sources believe they were first used in China around 3,000 B.C., and others state that they were already in use in Germany when Rycaut tried to market them in England. Duvets didn’t really take off until the 1970s in Britain. Once brands began marketing them as “the 10-second bed,” due to how easy it is to make your bed with a duvet, it began to grow in popularity.
The Duvet Insert Buying Guide
- Down filler has long been among the most popular interior stuffing for bedding due to its combination of being lightweight while also insulating you from the cold. However, some consumers find they’re allergic to down, which has led to the popularity of alternative fillers like polyfill.
- Look for an insert that features box stitching for best results. Box stitching ensures the filler stays in place instead of bunching up in certain areas and creating a lumpy comforter for your bed.
- As nice as an extra-warm comforter can be when your bedroom is chilly, it can be stifling as your body heats up beneath it. Make sure you choose a filler that provides warmth but also stays breathable.
- Make sure you match the measurements of your duvet insert to the cover you’re placing over it. The cover should be slightly larger to fit comfortably over the filler without it bunching, but if there’s too much room, you could have gaps on the edges that don’t provide insulation.
- Duvet inserts typically come in all white, but you can find one in solid colors and patterns to complement your room décor.
- Make sure your duvet insert is labeled as machine washable before you put it in the washer. Follow the instructions carefully. You’ll want to make sure you wash it on a gentle cycle to avoid straining the seams.