Merax Gaming Chair
Last updated date: June 6, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Gaming Chairs and dug through the reviews from 14 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Gaming Scan, Best Reviews Guide, ConsumerExpert.org, Gaming Chairs Reviews, Ergonomic Office Chair, Office Chair Expert, Gamer Wares, Techinism, Office Chair Picks, Top Gaming Chair, Progamer Review, Small Need, Super Game Reviews and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gaming Chair you should buy.
With its comfortable padding, back tilt capabilities and 360-degree swiveling, it's no wonder the Merax Gaming Chair is the No. 1 overall recommended gaming chair on the market. For added comfort and customization, this chair also allows for adjusting the height and arm rests. As an added bonus, the company provides a 2-year warranty and a friendly customer service team to handle your questions. In our analysis of 138 expert reviews, the Merax Merax Gaming Chair placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Gaming Chair for a detailed review of all the top gaming chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Merax Gaming Chair High Back Computer Chair Ergonomic Design Racing Chair (Blue). Take your gaming setup or home office to the next level with our Merax High Back Gaming Chair, complete with 360 thick padding throughout the length of the chair that supports every inch of your body while seated. Upholstered in premium cut quality PU-leather, the material is designed for breathability throughout making sitting for hours on end behind your computer desk comfortable and enjoyable. Customize your seating experience using the built in specialized reclining system and adjust your chair anywhere between 90 to a flat 180 degrees along with utilizing the complimentary safeguard tilt lock, arm adjustment and seat height adjustment features for the perfect fit. The included lumbar cushion and headrest pillow provide extra support just where you need it during long periods of gaming or relaxation and can be adjusted for added support on your head, neck or anywhere on the length of your torso. Our specialized ergonomic design can ensure hours of comfort during long days behind the computer or lengthy gaming sessions, make an investment that will take your gaming life to the next level today!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Gaming Chairs
- You’ll need to clean your gaming chair from time to time, especially if you prefer to sit in the chair while snacking or drinking a refreshing beverage. Crumbs and spills happen, but how you clean the chair depends on the type of fabric it’s made out of. All chairs can be vacuumed to remove dirt and dust, but before wiping the chair down, check the product label for cleaning instructions. Some fabrics can be washed with a little dish soap and water, while others may require a special cleaning solution.
- When it comes to durability, look for a strong metal frame that can withstand sitting, rocking and moving in the chair for long periods of time. Some models also have a built-in heavy-duty gas lift with strong base castors. Keep in mind the better the quality, the more money you’ll save over time because you won’t have to replace the gaming chair before its time.
- Consider arm placement when choosing a gaming chair. The Coavas Gaming Chair has rounded armrests with extra padding, while the Merax Gaming Chair has flat armrests that can be adjusted for height or tilted at an angle. Both have their benefits, so it’s a matter of which one works best for your style of play.
- Always check for a warranty. Most models offer one, but it could be as little as 30 days if unhappy with the product. Other warranties may last between 6 months to 2 years and only cover certain repairs or replacement parts.
- It’s a good idea when comparing gaming chairs to keep in mind that price varies based on design and features. The Devoko Ergonomic Chair and the Coavas Gaming Chair fall on the lower end between $85 and $95, while the X Rocker Audio Gaming Chair runs around $240. The Merax Gaming Chair lands in the middle of the other three models at around $150.
DYWM Fun Fact
The Egyptians first used chairs for special celebrations only. In fact, some of their oldest chairs were around 5,000 years old. It wasn’t until the 16th century that chairs actually became popular for use in a household setting.
Since then, this essential furniture item has gone through many changes. For example, Charles Darwin added wheels to the bottom of his chair to create a better way to move around his lab without having to get up. Today, we have uniquely designed chairs for everything from giving a person a haircut to gaming.
The Gaming Chair Buying Guide
Whether you are a serious gamer, or you simply enjoy spending your free time gaming with a few friends, you’ll want to hunt for the perfect gaming chair. Not only are these chairs designed to keep you comfortable while you play, but they also have special features that enhance game play.
Depending on the game, you may spend quite a bit of time in your gaming chair. Because of this, it is important that you find a model that has soft padding and an ergonomic design for good posture. The Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair goes a step further by adding adjustable lumbar support and a headrest pillow that works to protect your neck and spine.
Another aspect to consider when shopping for a gaming chair is how the chair moves. There are two common models that each serve a different purpose. The gaming chairs that feature bottom wheels allow you to glide across the floor and swap places with a friend, while the rocker design is a better choice for solo players who don’t need to move from their location.
Since gamers come in all shapes and sizes, the next thing you want to do is examine the chair’s capacity and seat dimensions. Typically, the gaming chairs have a capacity between 275 and 300 pounds. As for the dimensions, some of the models are adjustable, so you can raise them up if you are above average in height or lower them if your height is below average.
Look for a multi-functional gaming chair if you’d like to use it at your work desk during the day and in front of your gaming system at night. The Merax Gaming Chair is built for multiple uses and features 360-degree swiveling, as well as the ability to tilt back and forth as needed.
Some models have extra benefits that elevate the gaming experience. The X Rocker Audio Gaming Chair fits this category with its four speakers, built-in radio wireless receiver and wireless transmitter. These additions are compatible with most gaming devices and allow you to totally lose yourself in the game.