Melnor RelaxGrip Gentle Rain Shower QuickConnect Garden Hose Wand
Last updated date: April 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garden Hose Wands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garden Hose Wand you should buy.
Editor's Note March 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Garden Hose Wand for a detailed review of all the top garden hose wands.
At 33 inches long, this hose wand will reach the highest hanging baskets and stepped gardens. Utilizing a thumb dial instead of a grip lever eases the strain on your wrist while watering, and the quick-connect system allows you to seamlessly transition from storage to watering and back.
In our analysis, the Melnor Melnor RelaxGrip Gentle Rain Shower QuickConnect Garden Hose Wand placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RelaxGrip handle minimizes stress on the wrist and hands. Easy to operate thumb control requires less force to operate. GentleRain Shower head great for watering new plantings and delicate flowers. Quickly connect and disconnect the wand with an included quick Connect Product Adapter (Require quick connect Product End Connector sold separately). Backed by a Melnor 2-Year Limited Warranty. We stand behind our products.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garden Hose Wands
As with buying any garden tool, keep in mind how you are planning to use your new garden hose wand as you shop for a new one. If you have hanging plants that need watering, find a wand that’s long enough to reach the highest baskets, and consider looking for one with an angled nozzle.
Hose wands come in a variety of lengths, and it may be worth purchasing something that is adjustable or a bit on the longer side if you plan to use it for a variety of gardening tasks.
Using a hose wand on larger patches of greenery or for big projects like washing a car or house requires holding it for long periods of time. Look for designs that don’t require you to press down a switch or lever constantly. This is particularly important if you have any sort of hand weakness or arthritis.
The Garden Hose Wand Buying Guide
- Quick connector systems allow you to instantly snap your wand on and off of a hose end, but they are generally sold in separate pieces and are proprietary designs.
- This means that just because a wand comes with a connector, you will still need to purchase the other half, which attaches to the end of your hose.
- “Proprietary design” in this case means that you can’t use one manufacturer’s hose-end connector to snap onto a different manufacturer’s wand-end connector. Be sure to double-check the make and model before purchasing such systems.
- If you garden or do outdoor cleaning projects frequently, you might consider two hose wands, one short and one long. This can help you maximize efficiency on each type of project.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide