Melissa & Doug Wooden Dinosaur Stamp Set, 15-Piece
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stamp Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stamp Set you should buy.
Update as October 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Stamp Set for a detailed review of all the top stamp sets.
If you have younger children at home, you'll love this stamp set that uses washable ink. Children can work on their hand-eye coordination as they play with the eight dinosaur-themed stamps. The set also comes with a few colored pencils and two different colored inks.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the Melissa & Doug Wooden Dinosaur Stamp Set, 15-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Imagine a landscape full of dinosaurs! Children love using the 8 detailed dino stamps and a 2-color inkpad. It's fun creating countless scenes, and coloring in the pictures with the 5 colored pencils! This well-crafted set is conveniently contained in a sturdy wooden box for organizing and storage. It's a tremendous value that children will use over and over again! Washable, non-toxic kid-friendly ink. This set promotes creativity and fine motor skills and makes a delightful and educational gift for kids ages 4 to 8. Add the Melissa & Doug Alphabet Stamp Set to round out the hands-on play experience and give kids another engaging option for screen-free fun. For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” Today, Melissa & Doug is proudly partnering with the American Academy of Pediatrics to foster early brain development and help children build important life skills through play.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stamp Sets
Stamps provide a new way for crafty adults and kids to be creative. They can be used to customize letterheads, make cute greeting cards or add personalized touches to scrapbooks. They can also be used in a business setting to send messages on documentation and forms.
When it comes to rubber stamps, there are two key varieties: mounted and unmounted. In a mounted stamp, the rubber is attached to a piece of foam, and the foam is stuck to a small section of wood. These are great for both kids and adults who are getting started with stamps and don’t want to have to deal with cutting out and mounting the rubber themselves. A mounted stamp comes ready to use.
You can also find unmounted stamps on the market, which means they don’t have any wooden blocks or foam attached to them. They are usually sold in a sheet with several stamped images, and in order to use the stamps, you have to cut out the image you want to stamp. They provide more flexibility than mounted stamps, as you can create personalized images and designs before mounting the stamp.
When you’re looking for a stamp set, opt for one that has bold images and designs, as these will show up the best in your crafts and documents. Take a look at what kind of ink is best to use with the stamps. You’ll want to see how fast the ink dries and whether it will smudge or require special care. Find out what is the best medium for the stamps and ink you want to use. Some will be best for paper or cardstock, while others will also work on pottery or clothing.
The Stamp Set Buying Guide
- When selecting a stamp set, be sure to consider your audience first. If the stamp set will primarily be used by kids, you’ll want to make sure the mounted blocks are the right size for little hands to use. Quick-drying ink is best for use with kids because it won’t smudge as easily. Take a look at the types of images in the stamps to make sure there is something that will interest your kids. Typically, you can find stamps with animals, robots, planets, letters and many other images. You’ll also want to see whether there are different colored inks included, as kids love adding bright colors to all of their craft creations. Consider opting for a stamp set that includes additional craft supplies, such as stickers, markers and coloring pencils.
- If you’re buying a stamp set for yourself for craft purposes, then consider whether the set includes letters, images, abstract designs or a combination of those. Many adult stamp sets are designed for crafters or scrapbookers and come with a multitude of ink colors. You can also find different styles of letter stamps, from modern to vintage.
- For office use, consider how your team will be using the stamps in your document processes, and ensure that the right words or phrases are included in the stamp set. For example, you can find sets that include terms such as “Paid,” “Copy,” and “Received” which can assist with managing invoices, collections and billings. Ensure stamps for your office are pre-inked so you don’t have to deal with a messy ink pad at work.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide