Melissa & Doug Jenna Baby Doll, 12-Inch
Last updated date: June 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Dolls For 3-Year-Old Girls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Doll For 3-Year-Old Girls you should buy.
Update as June 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Baby Dolls For 3-Year-Old Girls for a detailed review of all the top baby dolls for 3-year-old girls.
This 12-inch baby doll is the perfect size for toddlers. The doll’s eyes open and close as she is rocked to sleep. Plus, her clothes are removable so kids can practice putting them on.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Melissa & Doug Jenna Baby Doll, 12-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
It will be love at first sight when this adorable, soft-bodied baby doll comes home! At 12 inches long, Jenna is an ideal size for toddlers 18 months and older to hug, cuddle, and care for. She has molded plastic hair and wipe-clean arms, legs, and face. Jenna closes her bright blue eyes as she is rocked to sleep and when she lies down and opens them when she is picked up. Young mommies and daddies can comfort Jenna by helping her to suck her thumb or the included pacifier. Her beautifully stitched pink romper and matching infant bonnet are removable. Quality craftsmanship ensures endless hours of pretend play and a baby doll that will remain a favorite for years to come. Jenna is a great baby doll to help toddlers express themselves and to encourage imaginative play. Doll play develops cognitive and fine motor skills as children practice removing and putting on clothing, helping her to suck her thumb and pacifier, and moving her arms and legs. Children learn language skills as they talk to Jenna and caring for their baby doll helps foster nurturing skills and responsibility. Doll play also helps self-esteem and confidence grow by leaps and bounds. Jenna is just waiting for a child to call her “Mine to Love”! For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” Today, Melissa & Doug is proudly partnering with the American Academy of Pediatrics to foster early brain development and help children build important life skills through play.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baby Dolls For 3-Year-Old Girls
Young children, especially 3-year-old girls, love playing with baby dolls. They get to practice their caregiving skills, emulating their mom or dad, while also working on their communication, fine motor and gross motor skills. When looking for a baby doll for your 3-year-old girl, consider what size of doll will work best. Baby dolls generally range from around 12 inches to around 15 inches. Get one that will be easy for your 3-year-old to carry around and play with.
The best part about getting a baby doll is all the accessories it comes with. Think about what kinds of things your 3-year-old would like to do with the doll. For example, if you think they will like feeding it, look for one that comes with a baby bottle, spoon, bowl and bib. If you think your child would like to change diapers, opt for a baby doll that comes with those accessories. You can also get baby dolls that come with different outfits, which are fun for 3-year-olds to change.
If you have twins in the family, your 3-year-old may want to get a pair of baby dolls. This way, their toys can more closely resemble what they know in their family. Some 3-year-old girls may prefer boy baby dolls while others may want girl-baby dolls.
The Baby Doll For 3-Year-Old Girls Buying Guide
- There are a number of ways the baby doll can help your 3-year-old to develop their cognitive, gross motor and fine motor skills. For example, you can use the doll to model certain behavior that you would like your child to do. If your child doesn’t want to get dressed in the morning, ask them to dress their baby doll first. This may encourage them to get themselves dressed after helping their doll. Similarly, if your child doesn’t want to eat lunch, have them feed their baby doll instead, which may encourage them to eat their own meal.
- For kids who love pretend play, dramatizing with the baby doll is fun. You can help you child learn to follow multi-step directions, such as “let’s first feed the baby, then wipe its face, then change its clothes.” This helps kids build their listening and memory skills while playing.
- The baby doll can help kids to learn their grooming and hygiene skills. For example, they can practice brushing the baby doll’s hair or brushing teeth. It’s a good way to help kids remember what kinds of things they have to do every day to take care of their bodies and stay clean.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide