Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
Last updated date: August 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Maternity Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Maternity Pillow you should buy.
Editor's Note September 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Maternity Pillow for a detailed review of all the top maternity pillows.
In our analysis of 165 expert reviews, the Meiz Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow placed 16th when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
u shaped pregnancy pillow grey-velour-pillow Are you still looking for a pillow that will help you to get a better & sweet sleep? Well, stop looking, because you've already found it! Meiz u shape pregnancy body pillow, lets you off the hook! Meiz maternity body pillow creates a belly support position for reading, watching TV, breastfeeding, etc. Though our pillow was crafted for pregnant mothers, it is also super comfortable for anyone who is needing more support, recovering from injury, or tired of having to use separate pillows to support their head, back, belly, knees, hip, and feet properly! Perfect for everyone who is eager for a better sleep! u shape body pillow u shape pregnancy pillow u body pillow Supports back and aligns spine Help to keep your back and spine in a neutral position.It is specifically ideal for those who toss and turn all night long. Suit for everyone This pillow is really a life saver for the side sleeper, back sleeper or stomach sleeper. Get rid of back pain Ideal for sciatica relieve leg swelling and back pain, prevent the oppression of the liver, prevention of hypertension syndrome, etc. People may experience varying results. pregnancy pillow for sitting up pregnancy pillow for sleeping pregnancy pillow for back support Use as nursing pillow This soft cushy pillow provides support for comfy feeding positions and is easily molded into various shapes. Great for reading The total body maternity pillow can create multiple positions for reading, watching TV, sleeping, and nursing, to get more support. Multi-purpose use Position this pillow in a number of configurations on your bed, couch, sofa, or even the floor! pregnancy pillow with velvet cover pregnancy pillow with double zipper Soft Velvet Cover 100% soft velvet outer cover is hypoallergenic and Machine Washable. With double zippers The machine washable pillowcase comes with a double zipper for easy removal and cleaning. Premium polyester filling This adjustable Polyethylene 7 D Hollow Fiber Filling without smelling retains fluffiness for better performance and longer use.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Maternity Pillows
Motherhood can be one of the most incredible experiences a woman can have. The months of excitement as you watch a baby (and yourself) grow and the delivery of your new family member can’t be beat. However, nine months of pregnancy presents its own set of challenges for an expectant mother.
As your stomach grows to accommodate your developing child, your body’s needs change along with it. Back pain, particularly lower back pain, is common when your stomach starts growing. Conditions like heartburn and sciatica can develop or worsen. You might have trouble sleeping or wake up during the night due to poor support from your mattress.
“Sleeplessness often begins well before the baby actually arrives, and a maternity pillow can help bring comfort during these long nights,” Kate Desmond, an infant safe-sleep expert and a mother of two, says. “I am a back sleeper and early into my pregnancy I was told by my doctor that my back sleeping days were numbered. Practically overnight I had to become a side sleeper, and that transition would have been impossible without my full-body maternity pillow.”
Luckily, there are ways to get a great night’s sleep while pregnant. A maternity pillow is an affordable way to support your entire body as it changes with your growing infant. They are designed to help you stay comfortable and keep you asleep on your side — sleeping on your back or stomach can push on your organs and hurt your back.
“Look for one that fits your specific sleeping needs,” Desmond says. “Make sure the pillow you choose offers plenty of support when you lay on your side.”
Maternity pillows come in C, U or J shapes. J-shaped pillows offer the lightest amount of support. They look like a hook, and you sleep or rest with the bottom of the hook underneath your head and neck while the hook’s straight line runs in between your knees and hips. You can flip these pillows for sleeping on your right or left side. They’re best for expectant mothers who are used to sleeping on their sides and want a little more breathability and freedom as they rest.
The C-shaped pillows offer support for both your stomach and your back. They wrap around your body, with a small opening in the center of one side. These pillows will support your back, knees, hips, neck and head. They also help you stay on your side throughout the night, so they’re great for women who normally sleep on their stomachs or backs. You can also shift the side of the pillow under your stomach as it grows to prevent added strain on your back and hips.
U-shaped pillows offer the most complete support for pregnant women. Your head and neck rest on the curved bottom of the U, and there’s a small opening at your feet. You’ll enjoy full support all the way down your body, from the top of your head to your ankles and feet.
“Just keep in mind these pillows are not small!” Desmond says, noting that you should evaluate the size of your bed and your partner’s sleeping habits before you decide which one to purchase.
Maternity pillows also come in a variety of textures and sizes for different types of support. Head over to our Tips & Advice section for input about choosing the best maternity pillow for your needs.
The Maternity Pillow Buying Guide
- Maternity pillows come in different lengths to accommodate women of different heights. Most of them are in the range of 55-65 inches. The size you order will depend on how tall you are and what type of support you’re looking for. Taller women, or women who need lower leg and ankle support, should go for the 60-65” pillows. Shorter women or women who mostly need knee and hip support should be fine with the 55” option.
- You won’t want to use a pillow that doesn’t feel nice against your skin. Take a look at what materials are used for the maternity pillow’s cover and filling before you buy. This is especially important if you have allergies — down filling would add an extra level of discomfort.
- Maternity pillows aren’t just for your nine months of pregnancy. If you rearrange the two legs of your maternity pillow, you can create a supportive seat for watching TV or reading in bed. You can also use one of the legs to support your newborn while nursing.
- If you’ve got chronic pain, maternity pillows might be your saving grace. They provide superior support for your hips, knees, back and neck as you sleep.
- Everyone has their preferred level of pillow firmness, and you’re going to be especially sensitive to a too-firm or too-soft pillow as your body changes during pregnancy. Some maternity pillows are adjustable, so you can take some of the filling out or add more throughout your pregnancy. Others have a set amount of filling, so check and see how firm they are before you buy.
- The right pillow will keep your spine in a straight line as you sleep. You can check and see if your pillow is the right height by taking a selfie while laying down. If your head is cocked upwards or sinks down and puts your neck at an angle, you’ll need a pillow that’s a different height. You can also try rearranging the pillow’s filling to get the support you need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide