Maybelline New York Facestudio Duo Brush Color Correcting Palette
Last updated date: June 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Color Correcting Palettes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Color Correcting Palette you should buy.
Update as June 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Color-Correcting Palette for a detailed review of all the top color correcting palettes.
Maybelline cosmetics have a reputation for quality, value and picture-perfect results, and their Mastercamo correcting kit is no exception. It is available in four color palettes and includes a duo brush for foolproof application.
In our analysis, the Maybelline New York Maybelline New York Facestudio Duo Brush Color Correcting Palette placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Available in 3 kits curated by skin tone to take the guesswork out of color correcting. Easily neutralize skin tone issues and conceal imperfections. Duo brush is included for easy application and blending. Each kit comes with color correctors, concealers and highlighters to customize your look.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Color Correcting Palettes
Flesh-toned concealers can camouflage under-eye circles, blemishes and other skin imperfections, but color-correcting concealers can work even better. You apply certain concealers to problem areas, then put on your foundation as usual.
Makeup palettes come with different color selections based on the different natural skin tones that individuals have. Although it can look strange when the various shades are first on your face, they are absorbed into the skin and are easily covered, providing a neutral canvas for makeup application.
Palettes can have just a few shades or more than a dozen, with creams and powders. Some also include highlighters, which you can use after putting on foundation, blush and face powder. Although it is fun to experiment with these palettes, there are some guidelines for the colors.
Yellow color correctors counteract pink and slightly red hues on a face and can do double duty as a brightener. These are good for neutralizing mild skin sensitivities and broken capillaries; use these around your mouth and nose. Greens are good for red spots caused by acne, rashes, eczema and birthmarks.
Blue and purple (lavender) color correctors work to hide orange and yellow hues, hyperpigmentation and dark spots. You can use peach, red and orange correctors on purple and blue areas like under the eyes, on bruises and on dark spots from sun damage.
Lastly, pink color correctors can take care of mild green and yellow patches and brighten skin; they also work on dark circles and brighten the face. If all this sounds overwhelming, many palettes come with instruction manuals. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there, too.
The Color Correcting Palette Buying Guide
- Makeup brands usually design their products to complement one another, but feel free to mix and match.
- Apply color corrector concealers in thin layers to a clean face.
- Use a makeup brush for powders and a makeup sponge or your fingers for creams.
- Practice using these products under your favorite foundations, and check how you look in the mirror. This is a learned skill that takes time.
- If the colors aren’t working, you might have bought the wrong shades for your skin tone.
- Cosmetics can produce mild, medium and severe allergic reactions in some people. If you experience symptoms, stop using the product and wash it off your face.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide